What's New MPQ - Updated 4/8/22

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Bends?….Namor? Mr Fantastic? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be pragmatic about it, and suggest whichever of the "blank vs placeholder" options is going to be more "we got busy and haven't been able to update the thread" proof moving forward.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2022
    bbigler said:
    Likely going to be a female character though, right? Namorita as a 5* before Namor would be pretty hilarious, and fitting the brand of the game of late lol
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Likely going to be a female character though, right? Namorita as a 5* before Namor would be pretty hilarious, and fitting the brand of the game of late lol
    5*Kamala!  I’m calling it
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not with her show looming in the distance. If we get a 4* or 5* Kamala it'll be as a tie-in to that.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer placeholders since my mind would presume that nothing is going on if there isn't anything there.
    I don't have a particular preference but I think Godzillafan67 has a good point that at least with placeholders people won't assume nothing was going on. So I cast my vote for placeholders.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    My preference is to have placeholders, however I would rather have individual ones for PVE, like the PVP ones, than the single brown snake version.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 485 Mover and Shaker
    I was looking forward to another rework of old characters.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Updated for today. Trying something new because of the Women's History Month schedule being posted already and putting all the ones on the calendar that have been announced. This makes PVE look "blank" though since a lot of that stuff isn't announced yet so I put placeholders. What do you all think? Placeholders with more future information, or blank space until they'd normally be announced? I see ups and downs to both.
    Much, much appreciate you all updating the boosted list.  And posting 2-3 weeks worth of buffs at a time is probably a great idea, it lets people get a better sense of planning ahead.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,319 Site Admin
    Ptahhotep said:
    My preference is to have placeholders, however I would rather have individual ones for PVE, like the PVP ones, than the single brown snake version.
    Problem there is that there are a lot of giveaways for that kind of thing due to some events only (usually) being 3 days or 4 days. Or those solo events that run for a week or what have you. Meanwhile Versus events are pretty much the same length.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,319 Site Admin
    Updated through the 16th-ish. New unannounced Solo Event coming!
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Solo Event? that run for a week?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That’ll be something like Gwen-Priz or the 12-days I imagine that runs alongside the standard?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the hint for the next 4* or is it going to be Black Knight?
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    The next 4 star is a woman, as part of the women history month. maybe in april for Black Knight? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They released 5* Colossus (March 11 2021) during Women's history month. So, I was thinking Black Knight might be possible.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    The next 4 star is a woman, as part of the women history month. maybe in april for Black Knight? 
    Didn't we just get Rhino and Electra for black history month?

And I don't think there is a historical basis to assume each March character will be female.

Is there another clue for the next character suggesting who the next 4* will be?
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited March 2022
    Its in the MPQ Women's History Month Plan thread by LakeStone, It's In The VS Events highlights all are femaie events,,, next 4 schedule march 27 give or take, no hints yet.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Its in the MPQ Women's History Month Plan thread by LakeStone, It's In The VS Events highlights all are femaie events,,, next 4 schedule march 27 give or take, no hints yet.

I see why you're making that assumption, but it doesn't explicitly say they will be female.

Very likely, but not actually stated, that I could see.

Not being argumentative, just thought I missed something.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker

I see why you're making that assumption, but it doesn't explicitly say they will be female.

Very likely, but not actually stated, that I could see.

Not being argumentative, just thought I missed something.
    Going off of that, there was a list of versus events for Black History Month and all of the events featured black characters, except for the two new characters, neither of whom were black.