Fresh Cut May 28 - May 30 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Also, strange thing: while looking at the top 10 of my bracket I saw a player named minge and apparently his alliance is S.H.I.E.L.D icon_eek.gif I checked and they're still 19/20 so I guess it's a random person who applied? Does the game display a player as part of some alliance even when just pending?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Who left shield? Anyone know?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

beezer I think
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

beezer I think

Wait...really? Wow.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    Also, strange thing: while looking at the top 10 of my bracket I saw a player named minge and apparently his alliance is S.H.I.E.L.D icon_eek.gif I checked and they're still 19/20 so I guess it's a random person who applied? Does the game display a player as part of some alliance even when just pending?

Yes it does. In the early days of ace of blades we had like 85 in game applicants bc we were lazy and if i cleared them more would show up. Anyways, I'd see people posting on the forums that a member of our alliance was in their bracket but it was just a pender

Furthermore. Now with chat they can also chat when pending (allegedly that's going to be fixed in a future update). We had people pop in "can you approve me. It still says I'm pending" or my favorite "hey guys! I'm new. Glad to be in the alliance"

No sir. You are not new
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry, if i beat anyone more than one time... when push, i remember see opponent name. Now i'am in shield for the end. Retaliate me, i you want.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dun intend to shield. Currently at 900+. Who wants a retreat win? Come hit me n let me know. I will give u another win
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Dun intend to shield. Currently at 900+. Who wants a retreat win? Come hit me n let me know. I will give u another win
    Love to but all I'm seeing is SHIELD members - if I could have worked out how to show it I'd have screencapped it but I just had Bee, Polarity and Jozier as my options icon_eek.gif

None of who were worth more than 22 points...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not to brag. But no one hitting me at the moment. Maybe I'm in MMR heaven? Lol. I'm just leisurely farming ISO. Now at 1034. If you can find me, DOUBLE POINTS!
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble with their scores not recording wins? I had a shield expire, played a match, and it didn't seem like my score changed. I threw on a 3 hour shield, got a defensive win, where I saw those points add. Then after this shield expired, I played a match, won, and I'm pretty sure I even LOST points, though I had no notifications of any losses. I shielded again so will watch it but, kind of frustrating. I sent a ticket but not sure if that will be able to be reviewed before the end of FC. I think I'm just going to shield the rest of the tourney and hope for top 10. #3 currently at 948, should be like 984. Would still actually be #3 right now, but nearer to the end it gets iffier, y'know?

Also, I don't know that I want to take a risk of losing a fight, and expose myself to other fights, if there's a question of actually getting points for a win... and esp if I'm actually losing points for winning...

Now if only my score didn't also change when I lost... icon_e_smile.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Not to brag. But no one hitting me at the moment. Maybe I'm in MMR heaven? Lol. I'm just leisurely farming ISO. Now at 1034. If you can find me, DOUBLE POINTS!

Lol...I just now saw you in a node. Then I saw your 141 hulk/patch combo. Looks like fun...uh, maybe. Haha
  • Unknown
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:

Yes it does. In the early days of ace of blades we had like 85 in game applicants bc we were lazy and if i cleared them more would show up. Anyways, I'd see people posting on the forums that a member of our alliance was in their bracket but it was just a pender

Furthermore. Now with chat they can also chat when pending (allegedly that's going to be fixed in a future update). We had people pop in "can you approve me. It still says I'm pending" or my favorite "hey guys! I'm new. Glad to be in the alliance"

No sir. You are not new

Lol icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks for clarifying
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

Lol...I just now saw you in a node. Then I saw your 141 hulk/patch combo. Looks like fun...uh, maybe. Haha
    Yeah pretty determined not to shield up for the pvp. Gonna save those HPs! I just need top 50

Edit: hit me, I can give u a def win when u need it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:

No sir. You are not new

They did fix the chat-while-pending issue a few updates ago, but I didn't realize that all those folks were tagged as SHIELD members in the interface!
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Or sandboxed lol icon_lol.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

Yeah pretty determined not to shield up for the pvp. Gonna save those HPs! I just need top 50

Edit: hit me, I can give u a def win when u need it.

lol..at 1096 right now. Still have ya in a node, ironically, you're one of the most valuable ones I have. Was just avoiding another kyipgate, lol. But if you need some points, I'm shielded for 3 hrs here now icon_e_smile.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Or sandboxed lol icon_lol.gif

The sandbox can be fun, as long as I have my pail and shovel. But people keep stealing my shovel, and it's never any fun.

Oh wait...you mean the other sandbox...poo
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Emeryt, I believe maxing Magneto is alright - Patch takes over purple (11 at 141; Mags has purple at 10), red and yellow if placed correctly (same values). He could possibly give black to Magneto or some third, but I'm only worried about him covering red, yellow and maybe purple for Mags.
    Mags above lvl 110 tanks black in addition to blue. I don't want him to receive ANY dmg. He will get enough dmg per battle for making those 2-4 blue matches.

Besides, his soft cap will be at 115, so I can live with him a bit underleveled.
  • daveomite
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:

No sir. You are not new

They did fix the chat-while-pending issue a few updates ago, but I didn't realize that all those folks were tagged as SHIELD members in the interface!

they did fix that...thankfully. but yes, any pending shows up on boards as a member, lol. Didn't you know SHIELD has over 40 members now? Now you guys can officially have SHIELD 2 and 3!
  • Unknown
    Options
    So there's an open slot in S.H.I.E.L.D ... icon_twisted.gif