Fresh Cut May 28 - May 30 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Psy's black is her best ability and it always costs 6, unlike red. You might want to switch between yours and loaner depending if yours needs to heal. 2*s don't have good active black skills (Moonstone at 17 black, Bullseye at some similar **** price), so Psy could at least help fill out your oBW/Ares rainbow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh MMR

How I loathe thee

got myself up above 300 points, looking to head near enough to 500 tonight.
    Now the game will only offer me the same 6 names, no matter how much iso i spend skipping. Only one of the names has more points than me, he's worth about 26 points. The rest all have totals less than me, and I'm not actively seeking retal-fodder, thanks.

D3 keep secretly tweaking their MMR algorithms, and I'll admit some recent changes had their benefits - I quite like the idea of tanking not working. However, I thought the days of 'extremely limited MMR pooling' were beyond us. It's just sad. I don't want to keep hitting skip in a vain attempt to find one of the thousands of players that I know have more points than I do. I just want to be offered reasonable matches.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    volos wrote:
    Oh MMR

How I loathe thee

got myself up above 300 points, looking to head near enough to 500 tonight.
    Now the game will only offer me the same 6 names, no matter how much iso i spend skipping. Only one of the names has more points than me, he's worth about 26 points. The rest all have totals less than me, and I'm not actively seeking retal-fodder, thanks.

D3 keep secretly tweaking their MMR algorithms, and I'll admit some recent changes had their benefits - I quite like the idea of tanking not working. However, I thought the days of 'extremely limited MMR pooling' were beyond us. It's just sad. I don't want to keep hitting skip in a vain attempt to find one of the thousands of players that I know have more points than I do. I just want to be offered reasonable matches.

If that Retal is me volos, u can hit at anytime or save it for later, I won't retal ya! I'm not going to shield either, no big deal for me.

I think I hit u early on to get up to 300 for the token (couldn't remember if i had seen u on the forums, sry!), just looking for top 100 or top 50 finish, so u can wait till i get more points later on if u prefer to make the Retal worth more...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    francky are you climbing right now? You came up in my Jungle node and I only fight there for now.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Francky, I will hit you, pardon me hitting you constantly icon_redface.gif

Folks, whatever funbalance comes to Mags, try to get his covers, with a good starting board he can do all sorts of broken fun stuff. I would say that's pretty close to the way match-3 was meant to play (sweet dreams!).

Starting board:
    IMfftSol.png

End of the match:
    1kTpDivl.png

Note enemy AP - I tried to go on without enemy matching once on purpose.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    If there was real PvP in this game, I think I would break a window with my iPad if I had to face Mags like that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    If there was real PvP in this game, I think I would break a window with my iPad if I had to face Mags like that.

lol. I never thought of it that way. Spidey and C.mags would have been nerfed back in November if there were true PvP.

Heck, they probably never would've even passed play testing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

lol. I never thought of it that way. Spidey and C.mags would have been nerfed back in November if there were true PvP.

Heck, they probably never would've even passed play testing.
    never would've even passed what? icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    You tell me. For all the talk about Mags being sucktacular on defense (barring purple), he almost drove me crazy in a today's LR. Enemy Mags had red at 5 and kept getting more and more red thanks to enemy Hood and most ridiculous cascades ever. I think I had to sit through 100 Magnetized Projectiles in a single match D:
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What annoys me the most in pvp is that i always see the same names over and over again.. 5dv people..shield people.. Whatever people.. All forumites.. Why my mpq world is so small.,thats a question i already asked but oh well.. Mpq..where 'edge of tomorrow" happen..
  • Unknown
    Options
    What annoys me the most in pvp is that i always see the same names over and over again.. 5dv people..shield people.. Whatever people.. All forumites.. Why my mpq world is so small.,thats a question i already asked but oh well.. Mpq..where 'edge of tomorrow" happen..

Because people on the forums do well.

If you want a broader variety of opponents, don't run up the ladder in an event and stay low where the rewards suck but the playerbase is broader.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:

If you want a broader variety of opponents, don't run up the ladder in an event and stay low where the rewards suck but the playerbase is broader.
    Usually when I get in an MMR pocket I assume it's because most people at that MMR are shielded but I was frequently hitting pockets in the lightning rounds this week. Really game? I'm only "near" five people out of the 200,000 unshielded people in the event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    You tell me. For all the talk about Mags being sucktuclar on defense (barring purple), he almost drove me crazy in a today's LR. Enemy Mags had red at 5 and kept getting more and more red thanks to enemy Hood and most ridiculous cascades ever. I think I had to sit through 100 Magnetized Projectiles in a single match D:

Lol sounds like my Mags. You did attack me 4 times, Mag projectile is pretty tilting to watch.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Usually when I get in an MMR pocket I assume it's because most people at that MMR are shielded but I was frequently hitting pockets in the lightning rounds this week. Really game? I'm only "near" five people out of the 200,000 unshielded people in the event?
    Yeah, I see the same people over and over in LRs. The one thing I know will stay constant in this mercurial game
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would absolutely love to get a couple Mags covers from this event. But judging from how the last few PvP events have gone for me, I know there is about 0% chance of me even getting one cover. icon_e_sad.gif

And can we change the name of the 300 point progress reward tokens to Bagman Tokens? Because that's all that ever comes out of them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I would absolutely love to get a couple Mags covers from this event. But judging from how the last few PvP events have gone for me, I know there is about 0% chance of me even getting one cover. icon_e_sad.gif

And can we change the name of the 300 point progress reward tokens to Bagman Tokens? Because that's all that ever comes out of them.
    Nope. This one just gave HT icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's a matter of faith. If You believe it's gonna be a 3*, it is a 3* (sometimes). If You are sure it's gonna be another bagman, it's bagman indeed.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

It's a matter of faith. If You believe it's gonna be a 3*, it is a 3* (sometimes). If You are sure it's gonna be another bagman, it's bagman indeed.
    I got Torch from the last one icon_e_biggrin.gif

I've been in a gloriously bagman-free zone for over a week now (I think I may have won one from a Heavy Metal match) - it's all been Ares, Moonstone and CStorm.

Sidenote: apparently 600 points doesn't count as "under the radar" for this one... I got slammed overnight for almost half my points icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

I got Torch from the last one icon_e_biggrin.gif

I've been in a gloriously bagman-free zone for over a week now (I think I may have won one from a Heavy Metal match) - it's all been Ares, Moonstone and CStorm.

Sidenote: apparently 600 points doesn't count as "under the radar" for this one... I got slammed overnight for almost half my points icon_e_sad.gif

I hate you both... so much. icon_razz.gif

Well, guess I have to have more faith. I think it's gotten to the point that the only 2* characters I don't have covers for are Bagman and MHawkeye. And 1 Black Bullseye cover. I need more 3* covers!

If anyone sees me in their bracket, please give me points. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    well i better get back into this so i can get the fresh cut coin, psylocke is making me slack off

and thats because i've started playing Marvel Heroes since I got my new laptop and lets just say today I bought a gift card for the game just so I can buy her as a character since she has recently been added and I've been kicking butt with her

but now we have to kick butt back here so yeah icon_razz.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

I always believe it's going to be Daredevil, but it never turns out to be a 3*. It's usually Moonstone, CStorm, or 2* Cap.

Maybe it's been too long since I've sacrificed a goat in full view of my phone.