Fresh Cut May 28 - May 30 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I could make a push to try to get to 1000, but that wouldn't even get me to top 10. Might just stay shielded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The problem has already spilled over to Sentry PvP, guess it's a Kyipgate double feature.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, the 919 that I had and thought was a good place to stop is not top 10 any longer. It was 3rd when I called it quits and shielded up. I guess the fact that I wasn't getting hit at all climbing up to 900 should have been an indicator to go for 1100.

Bummed about this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SynGen wrote:
    The problem has already spilled over to Sentry PvP, guess it's a Kyipgate double feature.

Oh ****, didn't even thought about that.
    At least in there no one is losing a lot of points for starting earlier, but starting later when the server is back to normal might prove too hard to catch up....
  • Unknown
    Options
    The season is so screwed up now imo!!! went from 16 to 62 just like that so stupid
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It's not as bad over in Sentry PvP, only a few in the 1400s and now it seems like the leaderboards have caught up. So there were a few hours of super abusive madness. That compensation is starting to look like it needs an increase now...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for that defensive win nazerith - put me over 1500. Although the way people are talking I feel like maybe I should be worried someone's going to catch me. Not sure why I could play for 30-45 minutes to get from 1087 to 1486 without being attacked at all, but 20 minutes after shielding I start to get bombarded with attacks. Is the lag THAT bad, that it took that long for me to show up in people's queues? Or I only became a juicy target once the server recognized my score? So weird.

Anyway, I'm shielded at 1505 for the duration. I probably have a 133 Psylocke/141 Punisher/85 OBW, so if you see me - easy points!
  • Unknown
    Options
    SynGen wrote:
    It's not as bad over in Sentry PvP, only a few in the 1400s and now it seems like the leaderboards have caught up. So there were a few hours of super abusive madness. That compensation is starting to look like it needs an increase now...
    Can you explain the super abusive madness in more detail? Not sure what's been happening
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SynGen wrote:

Agreed. Stuff like this really screws up S2 placements, etc. Just bad all around.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Can you explain the super abusive madness in more detail? Not sure what's been happening
    The short version is that server problems were leading to shielded people being visible and attacks were (maybe) not registering correctly. As a result points skyrocketed into kyipgate territory only this time it was way more obvious and way more targets were available to do it with.

Edit: It seems like the problems are over, so I wouldn't try anything nuts now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haha, #1 in my bracket is at 1702. That's messed up
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    SynGen wrote:
    From what I can tell, I am assuming that the server is so hugely lagged that it's not conveying scores correctly when adding points to your total (i.e. figuring out what each match is worth and then adding it to your total), although it is somehow keeping track of it since you get progression rewards. So, say you started at 500. You can beat up on someone at 800 until your fingers bleed and even though you're getting progressions, the server sees you at 500, so you keep getting 35 points. Repeat ad nauseam and you get people with loaner and maxed 2* with 1400 points.

^ hey SteveS, you're in my alliance mate's bracket, and he's up there with 1304 thinking "I better hold on to top 10"
  • daveomite
    Options
    I just posted something about this in the "compensation" thread. I suggest others do the same. Not personally angling for compensation, just think they need to address these issues once an for all.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Reading through these pages I am glad that I played last night and shielded. I stopped at 1024 hoping that would be good for a top 10. Currently in 5th now, KyleStrife of the Fitted Kitchens is apparently on a mission as he is in first with 1491 points.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm never winning a 3* from one of these things. icon_neutral.gif

Last night I got hit from OldTimer and reckless and now I find I've been sharded with Watercat and phantron. icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    For anyone who got to play during the few hours of the craziness, it was mostly some of the easiest climbing ever. I didn't lose any points going from 300 to 1430 over the course of this event. Season scores have been messed up (again) and although we found it wasn't that big a deal in the long run in Season 1 it still shouldn't be happening in the first place. Anyone who missed out has the right to be pissed about this.

If regular server maintenance that makes the game unavailable for a few hours every week would help keep this from happening, it needs to happen. Short of that they need to just shut down the servers when stuff gets out of control. Stop giving people who lucked into being able to play during crazy time the ability to just gain an unfair advantage. "Not wanting to take away the efforts of the people who put in the work" shouldn't apply when said work was for the most part effortless.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I haven't gotten attacked in 7-8 hours. I don't know if I'm in some weird MMR hole (I haven't attacked anyone else either in that time) or if I have my usual 50 attackes waiting in the server. Not sure if it's part of the same problem or not, though I'm not complaining.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    I'm never winning a 3* from one of these things. icon_neutral.gif

Last night I got hit from OldTimer and reckless and now I find I've been sharded with Watercat and phantron. icon_cry.gif

Watercat still hasn't been sandboxed?
  • daveomite
    Options
    SynGen wrote:
    For anyone who got to play during the few hours of the craziness, it was mostly some of the easiest climbing ever. I didn't lose any points going from 300 to 1430 over the course of this event. Season scores have been messed up (again) and although we found it wasn't that big a deal in the long run in Season 1 it still shouldn't be happening in the first place. Anyone who missed out has the right to be pissed about this.

If regular server maintenance that makes the game unavailable for a few hours every week would help keep this from happening, it needs to happen. Short of that they need to just shut down the servers when stuff gets out of control. Stop giving people who lucked into being able to play during crazy time the ability to just gain an unfair advantage. "Not wanting to take away the efforts of the people who put in the work" shouldn't apply when said work was for the most part effortless.

+1 million.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would be piss off if I need these covers. Luckily I only need the Red cover.