Week 9 Boost 5* (DareDevil, 5* Star-Lord and Prof X/Onslaught). Thx DAZ

12346»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudo said:
    Those who are enjoying this boost in 5* are only veteran players who have a huge variety of 5*... Players like me and my friend who have small roosters are in a nightmare.  Who's saying there's variety I disagree, the only difference is that now I'm forced to fight who has 5* with 100k+ and guess what, with my 5* unboosted and the usual ones.
    It is brutal.  I truly empathize.  I hope the real take a way for the devs is to really look at MMR calculations.  I've said this before.  Their should be a strong emphasis on keeping sub 900 matches easy.  While I'm fortunate enough to have a big bench.  I fully agree. 4* early 5* rosters should not be matched up against late tier players.  Even if it means keeping the seed teams.  Don't get me wrong, after 1200 the scoring should be in its current state where you basically end up trading shields for hopping opportunites.  But I've always been a strong believer in giving everyone easy walrus type players through 900.  Its already been demonstrated that they can alter event rules from various events.  So just try it out for a season and see how the data shakes up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It can be done. There are only three things you need to do:

1) play in high scoring slice
    2) play in the last 24-36 hours
    3) skip and fight only opponents with high points.

For 900 points, it's around 15 wins. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Too bad 900 pts wasn’t full progression with the current rewards being offered. Once Polaris was champed I have been able to reach 75 wins pretty easily if I have the time. But I still find getting to 1200 pts to be a pipe dream. 900/40 would be pretty much the sweet spot for progression and seems like a missed opportunity. Meh, whatever. Most people here seem to ignore the last two shard/cp rewards anyways. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    Ryudo said:
    Those who are enjoying this boost in 5* are only veteran players who have a huge variety of 5*... Players like me and my friend who have small roosters are in a nightmare.  Who's saying there's variety I disagree, the only difference is that now I'm forced to fight who has 5* with 100k+ and guess what, with my 5* unboosted and the usual ones.
    It is brutal.  I truly empathize.  I hope the real take a way for the devs is to really look at MMR calculations.  I've said this before.  Their should be a strong emphasis on keeping sub 900 matches easy.  While I'm fortunate enough to have a big bench.  I fully agree. 4* early 5* rosters should not be matched up against late tier players.  Even if it means keeping the seed teams.  Don't get me wrong, after 1200 the scoring should be in its current state where you basically end up trading shields for hopping opportunites.  But I've always been a strong believer in giving everyone easy walrus type players through 900.  Its already been demonstrated that they can alter event rules from various events.  So just try it out for a season and see how the data shakes up.
    If it was easy to get to 900 the game would be too easy then.
    900+is the magic number in pvp where u can see much higher but also where people can see you. 
    If you can hit 900 you can in theory hit 1.2.
    It's all calculated...
    After 900 is where people start to shield. 
    Shield =hp=£
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    ... Most people here seem to ignore the last two shard/cp rewards anyways. 

??????
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudo said:
    Gotta bulk up your roosters then. Upgrade from chicken nuggets to chicken cutlets.
    You need a bit of cluck for that to be fair.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... Most people here seem to ignore the last two shard/cp rewards anyways. 

??????
    Many comments I read about PvP are people pushing to 900 and shielding out or quitting.  Unless they have a 5* roster. 
  • HoundofShadow
    In the past, it used to be 575 to 725 points.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,632 Chairperson of the Boards
    900 isn't a magic number everywhere...it all depends on which slice you're playing and when, who else is active, what the overall point levels are -- tons of factors are involved. 

As an example, many years ago when cupcakes were a thing, the highest ranking players sometimes had 5000 or more points per event.  This brought point levels up for everyone, which made it easier for everyone to score more points, and harder for everyone to place.

The most important thing about PvP matchmaking is that the game can only show you other unshielded players in your slice.

It's simple and also complicated, but if you're having trouble with something, try playing a different time slice or playing at a different time.  Your experience may get drastically better or worse, depending.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

The most important thing about PvP matchmaking is that the game can only show you other unshielded players in your slice.

In your slice. However it can show you other brackets. Thanks to that I use to achieve 1200 points although being in a lazy bracket.
  • HoundofShadow
    Bracket is a subset of slice. 
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    900 has been my goal for a while,  and I am baby champ 5*, keep up with new release strategy.

it seems above 900 is where the stress starts building up.  Like if I was more into micromanaging and spending HP on jumps, sure.  But 900 is the nice easy stopping point.

since god boost started tho, I am easy hitting 1000 with the same level of stress avoidance.  And during the Killmonger boost was first time I saved at 1200+.  It happened once after that, I don’t remember who, but I think I just accidentally lucked into it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had no chance of hitting 900 in Thanos, too many double god boosted 5* teams and I had none, so I couldn't float as I was on the radar of every single other player, literally from the get-go I got attacked! Amazingly during all the carnage, I got a surprising amount of defensive wins (albeit for small amounts from players climbing) with my Apoc/Switch team. At least Earth's Mightiest *might* be a little kinder. I hope I get some good news in boost list week 11!