Week 9 Boost 5* (DareDevil, 5* Star-Lord and Prof X/Onslaught). Thx DAZ

Comments

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 270 Mover and Shaker
    I will say, this was the most annoying boosted week by far. I still got to 1200, but like most of the ppl thought wall to wall px onslaught. No different than Okoye ihulk in their prime
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    ~45 healthpacks in 28 wins and at least 6-8 losses to PX/Onslaught.   :s

I lost a few to ridiculous PX/Onslaught cascades, but it was even more annoying when I had Onslaught downed already and PX downed my whole team by himself.
    I will say, though, it was fun. My own PX/Onslaught team got a couple of turn 1 mirror match wins. Nothing like doing 350k dmg on your first turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    That's the only reason why I lost to that team so many times. Unfortunately, I don't have PX champed.

Using that team comes with it own risk in a mirror match because you never know if you'll create a match-4 for the enemy after the  outcome of Onslaught's passive power. Maybe next year, I'll get a chance to use this team when they are boosted. 

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I used the "Skip" feature more this PVP than any PVP in the past year or so.   It takes a while, but I could definitely find non PX/OS teams.  Made it to 1020 points and called it a day.  Not hitting 1200 this time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Weeks like this certainly hang a hat on the have/have not divide in this game. For myself, I was pretty much hardcore mirror-matching everyone and having a great time. I was just skipping around looking for anyone with points, then taking them out required character ->onslaught->profe$$or X in that order. I'd wipe occasionally but I'm not really under any hp pressure at the moment so I didn't mind snapping up some health or 24hr shielding out to hang on to season points when I needed to. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    I saw a few Onslaught/Switch(3*). I accidentally misread a 100k Onslaught as having 10k. Not sure why, since the min was ~40k health for a lvl255. Luckily I found some blue Polaris stuns. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On weeks like this one being the buffed characters so popular actually it happens the same as when ihulkoye team meta was beginning : any other different team received doble the amount of hits from people not wanting to face them.
    After taking some hits after reaching just 500 points I switched to PX ons.
    If luck is missing it could be some health pack bleeding, however it is funny.
    And I think I saw a pirate kitty too, taking hits, but actually I didnt pay too much attention to her.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have Onslaught, but my PX and DD champed stayed under the radar enough that I didn't get hit too badly between shields.  The key was for me not to go too high and be super exposed for points.  Probably spent 300 HP more than normal but to get two PirateKitty covers was worth it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something I noticed on the Quicksilver required node is that Onslaught's passive doesn't crush the frozen TU tiles, or remove the quicksilver effect the way other tile destroying powers will do to a fortification. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something I noticed on the Quicksilver required node is that Onslaught's passive doesn't crush the frozen TU tiles, or remove the quicksilver effect the way other tile destroying powers will do to a fortification. 
    Yeah that frustrated me when I was doing my clears.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Miserable week and both mine are champed and mid sized. I’m not sure how anyone can consider boosted 5*’s fun at this point.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it’s “fun” in the sense that the Meta is shaken EVERY WEEK. Unlike in the past, the meta is fixed for a very long time. 
    The “not fun” part is the amount of HP one has to use, but I still will take this as a cost for increased variety. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,634 Chairperson of the Boards
    This week was a little less fun than some previous weeks, but still *infinitely* more fun than the old boring stagnant meta -- and next week it's a brand new game again.
  • StanleyBurrell
    atomzed said:
    Well, it’s “fun” in the sense that the Meta is shaken EVERY WEEK. Unlike in the past, the meta is fixed for a very long time. 
    The “not fun” part is the amount of HP one has to use, but I still will take this as a cost for increased variety. 
    I understand that and could possibly partially agree. The amount of time needed for PvP was already too high and this just exasperated it IMO. Maybe the feedback is different with those I speak to but I haven’t heard this much complaining in a long time.

Also believe me, I realize that I don’t “have” to spend this much time in pvp if I sacrifice resources.The fact is something that many people were able to do in no time now takes forever because every match is a C node.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    However it was a long week as there no was any special pvp event. 
    Last week the buff was no active on all of its lenght.
    If a boss event is coming, those buffed 5*s will have less pve to shine.
    Apocalypse and ice lost 1 pvp but I liked that for to taking a break, on this week Im already getting tired of chasing match 4.
  • entrailbucket
    If you're not using the boosted guys it's going to be slow.  During Apocalypse week, enemy Apocalypse had 400,000 health or whatever -- you're not gonna slog through that with a regular team.  If you use your own Apocalypse, his red's hitting for like 300,000 and the match goes very quickly.

If you don't have the boosted guys that week, then yes, you're screwed, and that is *by design*.

Non-boosted events are much slower, because everyone runs SW/Colossus now and every fight takes half an hour.  I spend at least twice as much time in those events vs boosted 5* events.
  • StanleyBurrell
    If you're not using the boosted guys it's going to be slow.  During Apocalypse week, enemy Apocalypse had 400,000 health or whatever -- you're not gonna slog through that with a regular team.  If you use your own Apocalypse, his red's hitting for like 300,000 and the match goes very quickly.

If you don't have the boosted guys that week, then yes, you're screwed, and that is *by design*.

Non-boosted events are much slower, because everyone runs SW/Colossus now and every fight takes half an hour.  I spend at least twice as much time in those events vs boosted 5* events.
    I have boosted guys/gals every week and I am far from a small roster. I’m glad you enjoy it, you are apparently the target audience which is great. I and many others that loathed pvp before and absolutely hate it now are not.

Time will tell if there are more of you than me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think his is (close to) 550 mmr and my impression is that he doesn't have recent top tier 5* at that level. So, he's probably seeing a lot of 550 Wanda/Colossus or whatever meta teams before the boost. 

Mine is baby champed mmr on average and it has been quite a pain to play in certain boost week. I rather they alternate the boost week with non-boost week.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely a struggle and this coming week will be a nightmare. That said, I have enjoyed boosted Prof X.
  • entrailbucket

I have boosted guys/gals every week and I am far from a small roster. I’m glad you enjoy it, you are apparently the target audience which is great. I and many others that loathed pvp before and absolutely hate it now are not.

Time will tell if there are more of you than me.
    If you hated PvP before the change and hate it more now, why are you still playing this game at all?