Week 9 Boost 5* (DareDevil, 5* Star-Lord and Prof X/Onslaught). Thx DAZ

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Obviously PX and Onslaught are gonna be the goto 5* finishing combo.  They can easily wipeout any character boosted or otherwise.

5* star load isn’t bad, but only useful for early climbing with rocket.

5* DD is great!  He’s a strong counter play option with his stun and accelerated damage.  He works well with lots of chars and I expect people to mix and match for counterplay

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    If ProfX and Onslaught didn't deal soo much damage with their passives on match4s or match 5s, then Teanjean would be a decent check to them (not counter, just check).  

Shame killmonger isn't still boosted.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's some important stats of Prof $ & Onslaught boosted from 450 to 569 (approximate):

Prof $
    HP: 95, 302
    Passive damage: 19, 548

Onslaught
    HP: 212, 400
    Passive damage: 3290/tu tile

Assuming that there are 10 teamups, it's ~52,000 damage for the first match-4. It's enough to down 1 5* by then.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's interesting that Daredevil is included this week, because if there wasn't such an obvious 2-man team, he'd get a lot of burn. 

I was very impressed with him the last time around vs the current meta guys, and I think he really surprised some people with how fun he is to play, but I do expect PX and Onslaught to be 95% of the event.

Starlord remains sad, lonely, and completely benched.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with Px/Onslaught is if you don’t get match 4.  Otherwise it’s a squishy team if your good with board control.

DD is gonna be tanking  for normally strong 5*.  So he’ll can partner with rest of the roster
  • HoundofShadow
    Starlord can create match-4 or 5 for Onslaught/Prof $ with his yellow power. He has a team burst heal as a bonus. I think he can be fun.

Daredevil/SW is a good tank against Prof $/Onslaught god-mode cascade. 

PvP will probably be 85% PX/Onslaught, 10% Daredevil.
  • entrailbucket
    True, and Daredevil can also stun one of the cascade bros to keep them under control, so if you don't have PX/Onslaught you're not totally screwed.  If he's big enough he can also potentially true heal a big cascade burst. 

His stun is slow compared to the instant passive cascade damage though, because you have to actually match purple and cast it.

Maybe I'll be surprised and he'll show up more than I expect!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    If boosted X coincides with an X-Man pvp, he could proof to be quite obnoxious on defense, cascade shenanigans aside.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Onslaught is not champed so I guess a little reprieve from PVP for me.  I will get slaughtered.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVPs gonna be a massacre this week. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m totally here for it. X is my highest leveled character. Wanda/Colossus may be proof against the avalanche, but maybe not unboosted.
  • entrailbucket
    Colossus doesn't prevent power damage at all so he will take full damage from PX and Onslaught.  I think.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wanda for the powers, Colossus for the cascade match damage
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming the cascades don't wipe out the Mystical Feedback tile anyway.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Professor X/Colossus may prove popular; I think the match damage reduction and AP tax he offers tends to get slept on over the Match-N nonsense he does.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Seeing how the AI gets match 4s like crazy I'd be avoiding PX and Onslaught.  Too much AI B S.

• HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    My calculation for Onslaught was pretty off because I based the figure found in the character details thread. For his, it stated that his hp is 84k. In-game, it's 74k. So, does anyone remember if his 450 health is 74 k or 84k?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Onslaught buffed: 185k health. 
    Pve was fast with the duo. However fighting strong foes and no meeting a single match 4 can be solved quitting if playing pve.
    On pvp on that same board the battle will be slow and miserable.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Now we gettin to the decent toons I think this is starting to be an epic fail.
    Apocalypse boosted this week proves it to me. 
    Chewing through all that health and then having to do it again is pretty boring.
    If I wasn't in a top alliance I probably wouldn't even have played pvp this week. 
    Throw in this week where your team might get wiped out by matters not under your control and I can see a lot of rage quitters this week.
    Booooo.... 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Polaris, BRB, Daredevil + stun lock + cascade is pretty fun. Just non stop damage being bounced back and forth between Polaris and DD like a tennis match
  • entrailbucket
    Is Daredevil/Polaris as good as Beta Ray Bill/Polaris in pick-2?

You lose blue AP generation for Polaris's stun, which is, of course, a really big loss.  But you gain another stun, a true-healing tank, Daredevil's double dip passive, and you replace protect tiles with strike tiles. 

It might be a closer contest than it seemed at first!