Week 9 Boost 5* (DareDevil, 5* Star-Lord and Prof X/Onslaught). Thx DAZ

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dd5 steals enemy tiles and turns them to strikes as well. I think the big tradeoff is that all your stuns require you to chase AP.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at my fifth win and I've already spent 5 healthpacks. This has never happened before since the beginning of the 5* boost week. In my first match, my Onslaught took a total of 160k damage from those two Cascade Gods. 

The night is still long.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    This week have been 1 of the most enjoyable ones. With both x and Onslaught champ, I'm cruising in the wins with very little hitbacks. Wish every week can be this relaxing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    In PVE, I did clear one of the SCL10 challenge node with 2 swipes, since there was a match 5 available on turn 1, and another for turn 2 once the cascade was done. I've been using Profslought wrapped around iHulk to breeze through most nodes. Even with a single blue cover Ronan the 5e node was trivial.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Half health DD, BRB and Strange helped me hit 1000 more rapidly than expected in PVP. Every round DD was healing and putting out his strike tiles with enemy damage then dropping him back below half to repeat the process. Once everyone is stunned, BRB's green does ridiculous damage with DD's passive against stunned opponents. 

Was not expecting to do well this week as Prof X and Onslaught only have 4 covers each, so pleasantly surprised 
  • HoundofShadow
    Completed my 1200 points in 17 wins and used 21 healthpacks in total.  Seas the Day should be the last pvp for this boosted group, right?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Completed my 1200 points in 17 wins and used 21 healthpacks in total.  Seas the Day should be the last pvp for this boosted group, right?
    Think it's 1 more after
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up using PX/Daredevil over PX/Onslaught.  Part of that is that Daredevil is lvl500 pre-boost for me and Onslaught is 460something, but having two stuns (with Dr. Strange as well) meant I could really maximize Daredevil's passive. 

Also PX/Onslaught kind of struggles to do anything at all if you can't get a match-4, so I felt like Daredevil was a little slower but more consistent.

Still floored by how good Daredevil is.

Enemy teams were 100% PX/Onslaught.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played the duo of the same person, as I dont have champed older classics. 
    It was fun but pretty similar as to dance in a mine field.
    While climbing I had to buy health packs 2 times as PX and onslaught are so popular. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I used +5 match damage boosts on all three slots, it helps if there aren’t any match 4s handy. Take out the required character, then Onslaught to minimize Profe$$or X’s damage reduction.

anybody crack open their stash of retired +% X-Men damage boosts at all?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    anybody crack open their stash of retired +% X-Men damage boosts at all?
    Wow I totally forgot about those.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Id rather use the others boosts because match damage needs hp for resupply.
    On colossus however I use to activate it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don't think you can replace those retired boosts anymore, HP or otherwise. Those were the ones they used to give out to make it possible to complete the bottom row in the old Shield Training format. I still have:
    +20% X-Men Damage (added damage dealt by x-men)
    +20% Nightcrawler damage
    +20% ME Hulk damage
    +20% Any Hulk damage
    +20% Nico Minoru damage
    +20% Kraven damage
    +20% Black Panther (king of wakanda) damage
    +20% Shuri damage
    +20% Valkyrie damage
    +20% Jubilee damage
    +20% Black Widow (infinity war) damage
    +20% Spider-Man (infinity war) damage

I generally tried not to use them back then, but I don't have a full stack of 30 on a few so I guess I must have had to at least on a few characters.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I remember before my 4*s were built up, maybe sometimes using some to get through a troublesome Crash.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    I got to bite the bullet and deal with another 2 pvps of this boost list.  :'(

As for those character boosts, I have all but Nightcrawler X-Men boost, which points to him getting released before I join the game.

X-Men: 0
    Nightcrawler: 0
    MEH: 27
    Any Hulk: 24
    Valkyrie: 25
    Jubilee: 27
    Black Widow 5
    The rest: 30

Rogue was the first character who kicked off Shield Training. I'm surprised not to see her in the list. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I ended up using PX/Daredevil over PX/Onslaught.  Part of that is that Daredevil is lvl500 pre-boost for me and Onslaught is 460something, but having two stuns (with Dr. Strange as well) meant I could really maximize Daredevil's passive. 

Also PX/Onslaught kind of struggles to do anything at all if you can't get a match-4, so I felt like Daredevil was a little slower but more consistent.

Still floored by how good Daredevil is.

Enemy teams were 100% PX/Onslaught.

Correct. And when I got to 500+ points 97% of the teams I saw were pr5fX onslaught.

I shielded and stopped at 850 points and I usually aim for 900.

Atleast Onslaughts blue is a good way to start a match4 or 5.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2021
    I got to bite the bullet and deal with another 2 pvps of this boost list.  :'(

As for those character boosts, I have all but Nightcrawler X-Men boost, which points to him getting released before I join the game.

X-Men: 0
    Nightcrawler: 0
    MEH: 27
    Any Hulk: 24
    Valkyrie: 25
    Jubilee: 27
    Black Widow 5
    The rest: 30

Rogue was the first character who kicked off Shield Training. I'm surprised not to see her in the list. 
    There were a lot of cries of “wah, this mode is only for whales!” When ST launched as you can imagine, so I think those boosts rolled out as a bit of a field leveler. It’s also possible she got the X-Men one rather than a character specific one, I really don’t recall. But you show 0 on the stack for X-Men and Nightcrawler, or they’re just missing from your list? I’m curious what that looks like.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have any of the X-Men boosts.  The boost simply doesn't appear when it has been retired.  So on my boost list, it goes: +20% Match Damage, +25% Crit Bonus, +20% Nightcrawler Damage, etc.
  • HoundofShadow
    I first played when MEH still had the "new" tag. My boost list for the 5th and 6th row look like

Row 5: Power Boost / Critical Boost/ (Retired) Boost MEH

Row 6: Any Hulk / Nico / Kraven
  • HoundofShadow
    ~45 healthpacks in 28 wins and at least 6-8 losses to PX/Onslaught.   :s