Week 9 Boost 5* (DareDevil, 5* Star-Lord and Prof X/Onslaught). Thx DAZ

Comments

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    If you're not using the boosted guys it's going to be slow.  During Apocalypse week, enemy Apocalypse had 400,000 health or whatever -- you're not gonna slog through that with a regular team.  If you use your own Apocalypse, his red's hitting for like 300,000 and the match goes very quickly.

If you don't have the boosted guys that week, then yes, you're screwed, and that is *by design*.

Non-boosted events are much slower, because everyone runs SW/Colossus now and every fight takes half an hour.  I spend at least twice as much time in those events vs boosted 5* events.
    I have boosted guys/gals every week and I am far from a small roster. I’m glad you enjoy it, you are apparently the target audience which is great. I and many others that loathed pvp before and absolutely hate it now are not.

Time will tell if there are more of you than me.
    If you hated PvP before the change and hate it more now, why are you still playing this game at all?
    It’s a question I’ve been asking myself quite often lately. 

You seem mad? I’m sorry the changes aren’t universally loved. Don’t worry I’m sure they’ll stay.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,634 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're not using the boosted guys it's going to be slow.  During Apocalypse week, enemy Apocalypse had 400,000 health or whatever -- you're not gonna slog through that with a regular team.  If you use your own Apocalypse, his red's hitting for like 300,000 and the match goes very quickly.

If you don't have the boosted guys that week, then yes, you're screwed, and that is *by design*.

Non-boosted events are much slower, because everyone runs SW/Colossus now and every fight takes half an hour.  I spend at least twice as much time in those events vs boosted 5* events.
    I have boosted guys/gals every week and I am far from a small roster. I’m glad you enjoy it, you are apparently the target audience which is great. I and many others that loathed pvp before and absolutely hate it now are not.

If you hated PvP before the change and hate it more now, why are you still playing this game at all?

You seem mad? I’m sorry the changes aren’t universally loved. Don’t worry I’m sure they’ll stay.
    Around here, and in the few chats I'm still in, the changes have been received pretty positively.  Most people were tired of using and fighting the same characters in every event for years on end, and are happy to finally see variety. 

People who enjoy the game don't mind spending more time playing, because they enjoy playing the game.  

If playing the game is not something that you enjoy, you should spend your free time doing something that you do enjoy!  Games are meant to be fun. 

I'm not mad at all!  I am a little sad that so many people waste their time on a game that's not fun for them, but I imagine I'll get over it.
  • StanleyBurrell

Around here, and in the few chats I'm still in, the changes have been received pretty positively.  Most people were tired of using and fighting the same characters in every event for years on end, and are happy to finally see variety. 

People who enjoy the game don't mind spending more time playing, because they enjoy playing the game.  

If playing the game is not something that you enjoy, you should spend your free time doing something that you do enjoy!  Games are meant to be fun. 

I'm not mad at all!  I am a little sad that so many people waste their time on a game that's not fun for them, but I imagine I'll get over it.
    Are polls allowed here? Im new so I don’t know. I do know this company likes safe spaces where criticism doesn’t get aired so I would assume not but it would be interesting to see. 

Also, please keep your life advice, I really don’t need it or the condescending attitude that seems to come with it.
  • entrailbucket

Are polls allowed here? Im new so I don’t know. I do know this company likes safe spaces where criticism doesn’t get aired so I would assume not but it would be interesting to see. 

Also, please keep your life advice, I really don’t need it or the condescending attitude that seems to come with it.
    You seem mad.

This forum is about 90% criticism generally and nothing gets removed, so feel free to air your many grievances in poll form!
  • StanleyBurrell
    edited July 2021

You seem mad.

This forum is about 90% criticism generally and nothing gets removed, so feel free to air your many grievances in poll form!

You seem mad.

Not mad, just didn’t come here to get life advice from a fellow player who bloviates about everything given any opportunity. 

Anyhoo, would love other opinions as I feel our conversation will go in circles. May look into the poll, may not. Wonder how much of the player base actually is active here.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    Well, it’s “fun” in the sense that the Meta is shaken EVERY WEEK. Unlike in the past, the meta is fixed for a very long time. 
    The “not fun” part is the amount of HP one has to use, but I still will take this as a cost for increased variety. 
    I understand that and could possibly partially agree. The amount of time needed for PvP was already too high and this just exasperated it IMO. Maybe the feedback is different with those I speak to but I haven’t heard this much complaining in a long time.

Also believe me, I realize that I don’t “have” to spend this much time in pvp if I sacrifice resources.The fact is something that many people were able to do in no time now takes forever because every match is a C node.
    Ironically, pvp has gotten much faster.  You should wait for points to get established before your climbs.

There are 2 issues at play here.

1.  Do you have an adequate roster to win matches.  Which is harder cause of boost, but sounds like you can win matches even if slow.

2.  There is actually a lot of strategy on when to climb, when to hop etc.  you might talk to some vets in your slice to understand how play is evolving.

i concede that I am in a br chat,  so I have a good understanding of how points grow in my shard.

I personally found I can reach 1200-1500 in around 30 matches and shield out with a t50
  • Phumade
    I really like what entrail said about these boost week teams.  I fully agree that a big DD also pairs with px.  I found that beating the god boost px onslaught pretty straight forward with DD px.  You gotta focus and pay attention to how you go after the cascade bros, but otherwise you can crack that teams with less than 10% health loss
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Anyhoo, would love other opinions as I feel our conversation will go in circles. May look into the poll, may not. Wonder how much of the player base actually is active here.
    Well, players active here are actually players who care and play the game a lot. That is something to take in mind.
    Any poll in here would be answered by those same players. 
    You can post that poll in Facebook, its assured you will get the results you want. 
    On the other hand, as well as devs know exactly how many damage dealt 5 characters among all tiers on player database, they know pretty accurated how many players are playing or liking the change just by numbers.
    I would say one is condescendent when is arguing so much with players with 498 posts more than one.
  • entrailbucket
    Phumade said:
    I really like what entrail said about these boost week teams.  I fully agree that a big DD also pairs with px.  I found that beating the god boost px onslaught pretty straight forward with DD px.  You gotta focus and pay attention to how you go after the cascade bros, but otherwise you can crack that teams with less than 10% health loss
    Captain_trips88 actually posted about it a few lines before me, so credit to him.  Once I switched over to DD PX I had a much better time than trying to mirror Onslaught.  Once you get one of those guys stunned, cascades are much less dangerous, plus DD passive burns the stunned guy down really quickly.

I think the continuing lesson in all of this is that 5* stuns are really, really good.  Even Archangel turned out to be decent in his event.
  • StanleyBurrell
    Bad said:

Well, players active here are actually players who care and play the game a lot. That is something to take in mind.
    You can post that poll in Facebook, its assured you will get the results you want. 
    On the other hand, as well as devs know exactly how many damage dealt 5 characters among all tiers on player database, they know pretty accurated how many players are playing or liking the change just by numbers.
    I would say one is condescendent when is arguing so much with players with 498 posts more than one.
    I can barely read this but get the feeling you’re trying to say:

posts made = legitimacy of opinion 

Honestly laughable.

I have no vested interest in the results of any poll other than information. If the community by and large like the changes then I’d say it’s a solid business decision as the alienated side will either conform or leave. 

At least the poster before you asked solid questions. So thank you for that Phumade.

1. My roster is very adequate. 50 5* champs ranging from 451-550.

2. I agree with you that if I played in BC and hit grills all day then the speed of the game wouldn’t have changed much. Unfortunately I don’t.

Thanks for your response though, 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    I think we all learned how vulnerable the 5* tier was to a stunlock strategy in the Bishop days. One thing I like about DD5 is that his stun is not based on Blue the way most stuns seem to be, so you can construct a team that stuns on two colors pretty readily. I don't have mine complete, so he isn't quite as usable as all that, but I may focus on him in a little bit after a few that I have at 12 covers are complete.
  • Bad

2. I agree with you that if I played in BC and hit grills all day then the speed of the game wouldn’t have changed much. Unfortunately I don’t.

So you have a roster of 50 5*s ranging to 451-550 and you hate pvp.
    Uh-ho, my spider sense is tingling.
  • entrailbucket
    If the 550s are Okoye, Hulk, and Apocalypse, or Beta Ray Bill, or whatever meta guys, with all other characters at 451, then that's an *inadequate* roster for the new meta, and it explains the struggles. 

I have 50 champion 5* too, and multiple 550s too, but my average 5* level is around 500 and these events are a breeze for me.  I also don't play in a BC and also don't hit cupcakes and I'm spending less time on pvp than I ever have, in 7 years of daily competitive play.

It is pretty impressive that in just a few posts, this player admitted hating the game, accused us of not being representative of the playerbase, insulted a valued poster's English, and flatly refused to listen to anyone who offered them good-natured advice. 

Perhaps if this forum is so uninformed and unhelpful, your concerns would be better aired in another venue?  The devs don't really monitor this, it's just us here.
  • StanleyBurrell
    Umm….yes.

Are your posts always this informative and enlightening?

Roster size does not equal enjoyment.
  • StanleyBurrell
    If the 550s are Okoye, Hulk, and Apocalypse, or Beta Ray Bill, or whatever meta guys, with all other characters at 451, then that's an *inadequate* roster for the new meta, and it explains the struggles. 

I have 50 champion 5* too, and multiple 550s too, but my average 5* level is around 500 and these events are a breeze for me.  I also don't play in a BC and also don't hit cupcakes and I'm spending less time on pvp than I ever have, in 7 years of daily competitive play.

It is pretty impressive that in just a few posts, this player admitted hating the game, accused us of not being representative of the playerbase, insulted a valued poster's English, and flatly refused to listen to anyone who offered them good-natured advice. 

Perhaps if this forum is so uninformed and unhelpful, your concerns would be better aired in another venue?  The devs don't really monitor this, it's just us here.
    The ranges are all over the place. I like to chase em all as that’s the best part of the game.

Agreed on grills. Hey! Something we agree on!

Hate “1” aspect of the game. Didn’t accuse the people here of not being representative. You’re advice wasn’t good natured, it was cynical. Phumade however was great.

• Bad
    edited July 2021
    BStanleyBurrell said:
    Umm….yes.

But talks about the skill of the player owning it.
    In the case it was true, of course, and not just plain trolling.
  • StanleyBurrell
    Bad said:
    BStanleyBurrell said:
    Umm….yes.

But talks about the skill of the player owning it.
    I do fine, trust me.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Bad said:

Honestly laughable.

I have no vested interest in the results of any poll other than information. If the community by and large like the changes then I’d say it’s a solid business decision as the alienated side will either conform or leave. 

At least the poster before you asked solid questions. So thank you for that Phumade.

FYI, Bad's native language obviously isn't English. I think he's doing pretty good communicating. 

You said "I do know this company likes safe spaces where criticism doesn’t get aired"... well then you are new to the forums. There have been epic threads where the entire forum community just hammers D3 with criticism & sometimes vitriol.

This "I'm not in a BC so PvP is tough" is getting old. I don't play in a BC in S1 and get on average 1800 & T25 on 3 to 4 shields (3/8hr). I do play in S4 BC and average 2k & T25 on 3 to 4 shields (3/8hr). The non BC PvP play is actually faster & less work. There are plenty of players in S4 that aren't in the BC and score just fine in the slice.

With the roster you have PvP shouldn't be a problem.

People have been complaining that (at least in 5* play) there isn't enough variety. D3 makes the best change ever for diversity... Still shocked Archangel got play! Just aren't going to be able to make everyone happy.

BTW, you seem mad.

• StanleyBurrell
    Bad said:

Honestly laughable.

FYI, Bad's native language obviously isn't English. I think he's doing pretty good communicating. 

You said "I do know this company likes safe spaces where criticism doesn’t get aired"... well then you are new to the forums. There have been epic threads where the entire forum community just hammers D3 with criticism & sometimes vitriol.

This "I'm not in a BC so PvP is tough" is getting old. I don't play in a BC in S1 and get on average 1800 & T25 on 3 to 4 shields (3/8hr). I do play in S4 BC and average 2k & T25 on 3 to 4 shields (3/8hr). The non BC PvP play is actually faster & less work. There are plenty of players in S4 that aren't in the BC and score just fine in the slice.

With the roster you have PvP shouldn't be a problem.

People have been complaining that (at least in 5* play) there isn't enough variety. D3 makes the best change ever for diversity... Still shocked Archangel got play! Just aren't going to be able to make everyone happy.

BTW, you seem mad.

Weird, I’ve heard threads get shut down quite often. Good to know it doesn’t happen here.

I can’t remember every post I’ve made but I can’t recall saying pvp was tough. Its not tough, just miserable. Pretty sure I haven’t missed T10 since the changes it’s just not as quick as it was. If time permitted and I could play S1 or S4 it would certainly be faster, worse placement without rooms though.

Again…not mad… at the playerbase anyway. The devs perhaps but not the players. The dog piling is cute here though. Nice to see that is within the COO.
  • Phumade
    Bad said:

Honestly laughable.

Hehe, they are all grills at the end of the day, even the big AAA teams.  Here is a big misconception on the modern game.  The big players don’t wait for grills on their climb, all of them to a person, can take down 500+ meta teams.  In fact late bracket players generally do their climbs exclusively off AAA type teams.  The only real advantage is that They know when people make their Straight hops and my avg que value is probably in the 45ptt+ range (including hitting walrus, while you wait for hoppers.  And yes, a lot of them hold KS on A teams waiting for them to shield so they can go for a double or triple bounce at full value vs diminished returns if your draining a floater.

The only question in my mind is,  if I hit the AAA team now, do I think a response comes immediately or in a few hours when they stop floating to reclimb.  Even better when I know they shield since they lose the ability to hold a 75 pt red indefinitely.  This is what I mean by learning your shards playstyle.  It’s incredibly easy to drain a floating or even climbing player if you know their play schedule, response style, shield pattern etc.

If you really want to minimize match counts for T25,  then it’s all about catching straight hoppers and do your full climb in 45min or less to first shield.  T10 and better is really more about # of hops and less about catching grills.