• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Done at 3rd attempt, definitely don’t want to do that again 

duplicate 3* as a reward twice so waste of time doing it 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My support roster improved dramatically after so many tokens earned on these gauntlets, so totally thumbs up.
    What I find quite funny and ironic is all people asking for a support token gauntlet and when finally its here the complaining is huge, precisely for devs cancel it.
    If your time is so precious, please dont play this gauntlet, or this game, or any game. 
    In the bottom I could envy you.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Bad said:
    My support roster improved dramatically after so many tokens earned on these gauntlets, so totally thumbs up.
    What I find quite funny and ironic is all people asking for a support token gauntlet and when finally its here the complaining is huge, precisely for devs cancel it.
    If your time is so precious, please dont play this gauntlet, or this game, or any game. 
    In the bottom I could envy you.
    Lol. Considering the challenges are insanely hard (most of em plain IMPOSSIBLE if you don't have Polaris) it's still severely underrewarded though. Ancestral Plane can go only to a Black Panther. And the rest is literally scraps of red ISO. But mostly I'm not complaining about the challenges being hard, I'm complaining about the rewards not being worth a damn.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The complaints aren't just because of the time it takes, its the fact that you are entirely at the mercy of RNG and even employing the correct strategy still relies on a massive amount of fortune. The first puzzle gauntlets have been exactly that, puzzles. This one has not played the same as the previous, highly enjoyable events. Heck, this one even relies heavily on Polaris, which detracts from these being the opportunity mix up your roster as for a large proportion of players she is in their main team they use for every single fight anyway. 

I am glad your support roster was improved, unfortunately for me all of the rewards were duplicates including the two 3* astral planes received.

Can the devs please look at support upgrading, let's just use the red iso to upgrade each level which then unlocks the next level, repeat until max. Job done
    Yeah, I've had the same suggestion in the past for upgrading supports with red iso and that was met with stuff like "No, it would be easier to upgrade better supports by just pulling them organically." I had an extra support token from last season and I saved it for this season. When I opened it it was a level 4 support...for a support that I already had at level 4. So, yup, that was a waste. Just like most support tokens for me are duplicates. I would just use either red iso or shards to level up supports. That way people can focus on the support that they want to level up instead of waiting one or two seasons for that support to be back in the rotation. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's a difference between difficult and just plain annoying as hell.  There's been like...0-2 puzzles per release that I didn't actually hate, the rest, infuriating.

It's one thing to have a puzzle that you need to figure out which characters/powers to use and how to solve.  Then, they started putting you up against a team that is the worst possible matchup.  To me, that's just not fun at all.

It's like...your friend giving you a maze and a pencil and saying to get to the center, and then every now and then he punches you in the arm and messes you up, and also sometimes just start erasing your line and you have to start over.
  • shardwick
    Options
    You know what's a real punch in the gut? The last token that I got for the Puzzle Gauntlet's vault gave me an Ancestral Planes' token, but that token just gave me yet another dupe. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,261 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These things are "extra."  The rewards aren't great.  You won't miss out on anything important if you just skip it.  You won't fall behind.  Some people enjoyed it.  If it's not fun for you, don't play it.  

I quit playing shield sim like a year ago because the rewards are awful and pick-3 5* PvP is a hellish slog.  Lots of people still play it.  That's fine!  The game can have different things that are fun for different people.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I finally completed the 4 fortified tiles on corners challenge. But good grief! I managed to do it with a crucial assist of Super Soldier's yellow ability at 5 covers (yeah, lucky for once yay). I used 3* Storm, picked up all the team up tiles, and then yellow tiles when team up tiles weren't available until I had the team up PA required to pull it off.

Naturally, I placed the 4 protect tiles on each corner and let Prowler do the rest. Actually, I didn't get it on first try, because Prowler had given me a strike tile somewhere else, and that one got fortified instead, but after some 5 mins of meddling I got blessed by the RNGeez for the win. That assist was crucial nevertheless.

Unfortunately the supports I got from my tokens weren't that cool. I got a 4* Dora Milaje (FUUUUUU those Black Panther-exclusive supports) and a 3* Korg. Oh well.

But anyway, if you guys have a cooperative, helpful alliance you might ask of them to give you that 2*/3* Cap assist. With the yellow power at 5 covers so you can place all 4 protect tiles.
  • Bad
    Options
    Anyone can spit negative criticism. Im already seeing how many suggestions you are making for next puzzle, given that this one is not of the taste of everyone. 
    Puzzle gauntlet still has not repeated any mechanism: great originality. 
    And support tokens are the most valued rewards in game. 
    Dont you like it? Then dont play it.
    No one would expect the most valued reward will be spammed as Xmas presents.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    I don’t think this is a universally shared opinion. In my experience very few people put support tokens at the top of the rewards list.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly, that webtile one is the worst
    its a manual ‚How to freak out even Ghandi‘
  • Stranger
    Stranger Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please help, share the idea how to solve "A Change of Pace round 5" (column of web tiles).
    Once it was possible to pass Dr. Doom 5*, Spiderman 4*, Spiderman Man 2099.
    Options with Silk, Thor 5*, Luke Cage, Miles Morales did not result.
    Perhaps there are more successful selection options for heroes?

• Bad
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Bad said:
    I don’t think this is a universally shared opinion. In my experience very few people put support tokens at the top of the rewards list.
    This was a toll were community players placed support tokens on first.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82950/the-poll-that-will-change-everything-cough-cough-maybe-not
    The game values in any vault LL token first, and them basic support token(just basic), second.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use IM40/Shuri/Spiderman (Infinity War)(5/5/3). His green will create 8 web tiles. IM40 feeds green and Shuri lowers his green power to 4 ap. If you have 16 green ap, you can create a total of 32 web tiles. 
  • Bad
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Bad said:
    helix72 said:
    Bad said:
    This was a toll were community players placed support tokens on first.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82950/the-poll-that-will-change-everything-cough-cough-maybe-not
    The game values in any vault LL token first, and them basic support token(just basic), second.
    So thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen that poll, and I could see why you said what you did based on the results. However, as a stats person, I can point to a few reasons it's still not a universal statement:

1. The poll specifically asked what progression reward you would want to win, which is different from which is the most valuable reward in the game. Based on the wording of the question, I'm not surprised support tokens had more votes because it was the only thing listed that you don't already get from progression.
    2. The poll had a relatively small number of responses--56--out of the thousands of people that play the game. A small sample size would make the results less reliable.
    3. While more of those 56 people selected support tokens over any of the other options, the majority of people--68%--selected something other than support tokens as the most valuable. So more than two times as many people would rather win something other than support tokens.
    4. The poll only compared support tokens to specific amounts of other resources: 50 5* shards, for example. If you had said 250 5* shards or just 5* shards in general, I wonder if the results would have been the same.
    5. The poll only had one category for all 3 types of Support Tokens but split shards up into 3 possible answers ("more 4* and 5* shards", "200 4* shards", and "50 5* shards"). If you add the 3 shard answers together they total 43% of the vote which eclipses the 32% that the support tokens category got.
    6. The poll was missing several of the other resources, namely, CP and HP. While there was an "other" category, I'm not sure everyone who would have wanted these would have immediately thought to select "other".
    The game is interesting in that in general you're usually lacking for at least 1 resource but that changes over your maturity in game, there are many people post-ISO that still need CP, HP, and/or LL tokens to keep rostering the new characters, but if they never got another support token would likely not notice.

For me, the number 1 thing I'd like more of are Master Support Tokens. I get enough Basic ones and Advanced ones, but Master tokens are far more rare. However, that is not the same as the most valuable resource, which for me to this day would likely be CP.
    1- I didnt mentioned cps or hp because we already have that as progression rewards.
    2- the poll was answered by 56 people thats right. 56 interested players wanting to vote. Now make a poll and see how many people are voting it. Still it is a valid amount.
    3- the amount of each resource is just orientative as devs would state the possible amount we will get, not me or my poll
    4- we all know that a master token just sets the reward as 3*, still the chances to 4* or 5* are low
    5-  hence, nothing will change that without specifying nothing more people chose more supports instead of other appealing options.
    6- still clearly the game values more a grandmaster token support over a LL.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think you're missing the main point, which is you asked "what would you want to win more of" not "what is the most valuable resource in the game". Those are very different questions.
  • shardwick
    Options
    I would take a mountain of CP or LL tokens over a mountain of support tokens any day of the week. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stranger said:
    Please help, share the idea how to solve "A Change of Pace round 5" (column of web tiles).
    Once it was possible to pass Dr. Doom 5*, Spiderman 4*, Spiderman Man 2099.
    Options with Silk, Thor 5*, Luke Cage, Miles Morales did not result.
    Perhaps there are more successful selection options for heroes?

Bag-Man, 2* Magneto, Iron Spider.  Iron spider tanks and generates (and removes) tons of web tiles.  Mags generates blue from his purple (and his red can generate AP as well).  Bag-man's blue switches 2 sets of tiles and converts all 4 to web tiles.  Once you get the 18 blue, there should be a column that needs 4 or less tiles.  Game Over.