Puzzle Gauntlet

Options
Sekilicious
Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
Any advice on the newest puzzle gauntlet would be great. I have been using Silk to try to make a column of strikes and fortified tiles in the corners. It seems very rng dependent but hopefully I’m missing something obvious. 

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope, those 2 puzzles are just random ****, not having fun with those at all.
  • Sekilicious
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Daken and Mantis needs better healing factors. Silk keeps killing them off. Prowler and Monica have been doing their best but Silk outclasses them on her own, though I think Mantis has been nerfed a bit for the gauntlet 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I played the first 2, polaris paradise.
    How original and funny! And how fearsome is morbius.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've tried Bending The Rules, against Prowler and Monica. You need 4 corner fortified tiles. At one time I was up to 3, but moments later back to 1. I gave up after 15 to 20 minutes. Very annoying.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,211 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The easiest way to solve these is just to use Polaris to convert the entire board to whatever kind of tile.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    You can't use Polaris when only given one character to use and she's not an option
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daken and Mantis needs better healing factors. Silk keeps killing them off. Prowler and Monica have been doing their best but Silk outclasses them on her own, though I think Mantis has been nerfed a bit for the gauntlet 
    She's been nerfed by removing 2 of her colors.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Against Prowler and Monica:
    • The bottom corners will (eventually) be filled by Monica after her fortified supply drone reaches the bottom and transforms to a normal fortified tile
    • For the top corners, you need some luck. Either it is a special tile that is fortified by Prowler (I used Magneto to create some Protects but Storm might work, too) or you randomly luck into a newly created fortified tile.
    • In addition, I used a support that fortifies tiles when the character makes a match (Element Guns Rank 3 in my case)
    Good luck - you'll need it!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Against Prowler and Monica:
    • The bottom corners will (eventually) be filled by Monica after her fortified supply drone reaches the bottom and transforms to a normal fortified tile
    • For the top corners, you need some luck. Either it is a special tile that is fortified by Prowler (I used Magneto to create some Protects but Storm might work, too) or you randomly luck into a newly created fortified tile.
    • In addition, I used a support that fortifies tiles when the character makes a match (Element Guns Rank 3 in my case)
    Good luck - you'll need it!
    The bottom tiles becomes fortified until she uses her red ability to defortify everything in a 5x5 square. And that assumes that the bottom corner tiles aren't Team Ups, which has happened to me both times I've tried it so far.

I did try Storm, but she didn't last very long. I'll have to check and see if there are any supports I have that will make fortified tiles, as that's the only way I see this one getting done with the character listing that's available for those.

A lot of these seem to be a more random than previous iterations. A row of charged tiles? Fortified squares in all four corners? No real way you can plan for those...
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And that assumes that the bottom corner tiles aren't Team Ups, which has happened to me both times I've tried it so far.
    That's why I used Magneto to destroy team-ups.
    The closest I got in the column of strikes was with Karnak. Use his red to destroy all non-strikes and hope for the best. I had all but one red tile strikes and made a green match but unfortunately this red did not turn to a strike tile.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,211 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Luke Cage for the fortified tiles in the corners.  He creates protect tiles every time the enemy casts a power, then Prowler fortifies them.

For the column of strike tiles I used Silk.  It took awhile, but just keep matching team ups and casting her blue/black powers.

For the charged tiles one I used Throg with 4Thor and Lockjaw.  Throg's green power will almost convert the entire board if there's enough enemy specials on it.  4Thor yellow/blue/red can do the rest.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This may be the first time that I don't even bother with Puzzle Quest. They may as well just rename it to RNG Quest.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jeez Devs could you make the Column of Strike Tiles for the Ancesteral Plane support and the 4 corner titles ones any harder
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I continued using Silk against Prowler and Monica and was successful by hoarding all three colors until they were nearly filled. After Monica put fortified the two bottom corners I just kept firing until rngesus blessed me with the web tiles or strikes in the top corners. Not a combination, one or the other because Silk likes to remove fortified from web tiles. I quit a couple of times when team-up tiles were stuck in the corners. Or I killed either Prowler or Monica. Took a long time.

I’m still stuck on the strike tiles. The hoarding strategy isn’t working because Silk ruins everything with web tiles, which then proceed to kill everybody. Targeting blue is bad for keeping Daken alive as well. I wish they had offered other characters that made strikes. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options

I wish they had offered other characters that made strikes. 
    if they gave us polaris we could beat it in 5 seconds
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    For one column of Strike tiles, Karnak is the best choice. Set his red to 5 and equip him with whatever support that can generate additional red aps. Then, save up 30 red ap.

Edit: 
    The four corner fortified tiles is also too easy with Karnak. I completed both with Karnak using only one try each.
  • Sekilicious
    edited July 2021
    Options
    3* Wolverine (on either side) would have kept a bit of strategy while making it less based on luck. Daken and Mantis with 2million hp would have helped remove web tiles without Silk killing everyone as well. I know what to do, I just have to keep playing, hoarding blue and black, filling the board with web and strikes, and eventually rng align the web and team-up tile from the rows with the strikes. I hope. 

On the other hand, who cares if I have the Ancestral Plane really. 
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    Uh yeah, 0-3 with Karnak as well. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Uh yeah, 0-3 with Karnak as well. 

I'm 0-5 with him after going 0-10 with Silk. It's all luck. Twice with Karnak I got down to 7/8 with strike tiles with just the top one missing.
    But he kills them so easily that you only get 1 chance at it and even with 30 Red I've killed them both a couple times by accident before I could use all 30. They needed 10x the health for these 2.
    Probably need 3* Wolvie TU as well so you can use it and hope it fills in a last strike tile you need to complete a row.
    Easily the worst Puzzle Gauntlet yet because it's all RNG.
    KGB
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I was using Luke Cage for the four corners one.  Had 3 done and just need a good drop in the top left corner.  What happens--board reshuffle!  SMH...