Puzzle Gauntlet

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Real booby prize with this one is that it’s all for Ancestral Plane.  
    Which I really doubt there’s much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments to get a hold of higher levels.
    but it’s still very cool that they are coming up with new ones. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only played two nodes so far but yeah, I am not sure Ancestral Plane is worth any level of hassle to be honest and from what I am reading here. That is not a complaint - not every Support offered can be a home run after all.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I did both those right nodes with Silk, fired her blue 4 times in a row.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played puzzle gauntlet.

oops…sorry thought I was posting in worse MPQ moment thread.

After, I died/failed enough times and wasted about half an hour of my life…I too realized my Ancestral Plains support was also currently 4*s and the minuscule chance of increasing it if I ever managed to clear these ridiculous “puzzles” wasn’t worth the hassle. 

Thanks for the new content. Please though, next time, make them possible with skill and problem solving…you know? Like puzzles.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    For the 4-corners... can you get Heimdall's "fortify 3 tiles" power as a team-up?
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Anon said:
    I need advice for the BRB/Morbius/Dark Beast node. 
    I did it with Storm, C4rnage, and Polaris. I think the strategy is fairly straightforward
    My problem is that enemy protects either end up flooding the board or in the bottom corners. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,220 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I did it with Storm, C4rnage, and Polaris. I think the strategy is fairly straightforward
    My problem is that enemy protects either end up flooding the board or in the bottom corners. 
    You have to get enough blue to stun Morbius (preferably two casts worth... or kill him, though that takes awhile...) and avoid matching brb shields.  Then you can flood the board with MoStorm black (if you can cast 2x it's a cakewalk).  Then only make match 3's with attack tiles on it.  
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    for the column of strike tiles.  I tried over and over with Silk.  Her web tiles always got in the way (even when I hoarded blue and black) and I would end up killing Daken and Mantis.  Finally found a pretty easy strategy to win:
    1. Ask your alliance for Polaris and 4* Wasp Team Ups
    2. take 2 Polaris and 1 Wasp TU with you
    3. Use Magneto
    4. Target Yellow and TU.
    5. Your goal is to hoard AP: 8 red, 19 TU, as much yellow as possible
    6. Fire the red to remove all team-ups.
    7. fire the yellow as many times as possible (up to 3 if you have 27+ yellow AP) to make a lot of shields
    8. Fire the wasp TU to turn all the the shields from step #7 into strike tiles.
    9. Fire the Polaris team-ups to fill in any missing strike tiles.
    This worked first try.  Just need to get your alliance mates to send you the proper team-ups and you should be gold. 
    **edit**
    You can fire the Yellow off earlier as needed to stay alive if you need the protect tiles. 

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Thanks for al the tips got both "Changing the game" and "Bending the rules" in one go

Shurie's lab support on Karnak for that extra red on a red match
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    You have to get enough blue to stun Morbius (preferably two casts worth... or kill him, though that takes awhile...) and avoid matching brb shields.  Then you can flood the board with MoStorm black (if you can cast 2x it's a cakewalk).  Then only make match 3's with attack tiles on it.  

A 2* Mags Blue team up can also help since it destroys the board removing all special tiles allowing you to fill it with your attack tiles.
    I used Polaris/Storm/Medusa with the idea being she helps heal and generates Blue/Green for stun and Storms AP gen.
    KGB
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Indeed the first editions were fun however i always though rewards were meh (Red iso is the worst reward ever in the game) but now it is not worth the effort. Maybe giving shards towards Stones might do the trick and have everyone grinding with little complaints as in pve?
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    30minutes trying to get fortified corners. 3 times I just needed one of the top corners and got hit with a board shuffle. Accidentally killed monica - was targeting prowler then he went invisible, needed one of the bottom corners which was a team up tile so no chance with monica gone. 

Going to need to be really bored to attempt that again
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Round 1: Make a row of protect tiles. So, I was glad I brought up my Polaris just in time for this... WAS, is the keyword here. It still was hard as my Polaris is still only 4 covers. Venom grabs a bunch of yellows and tears me apart with Lethal Protector. Not fun. After some struggle though I got it done. I used Polaris + Super Soldier with yellow at 5 covers + 2* Bullseye. Just massed those protects until I filled up the whole screen. Careful about giving yellows to Venom tho.

Round 2: Make a column of attack tiles. NOW is where my airplane crashed and burned spectacularly (not that it was soaring nicely through these challenges anyway, more like barely keeping aloft). I can't do this one. I tried to repeat the Polaris strategy, but my attack tile creators are MUCH MUCH slower than my protect tile creators. Tried 3* Angel, 3* Storm, 3* Torch. No avail, they all need good sweet time to get going. By this point I'm getting destroyed by MODOK's Doomsday Plan, which is funny because the 5* Jean Grey is supposed to be there fueling red tiles for MODOK's Afterburner. But the AI just likes to screw the plan. I do realize this node in particular is a breeze if you use Carndusa + Polaris but I don't own Carndusa yet.

This is just an exercise in frustration for me lol. Just crashing against a wall for a meager amount of red ISO.

The previous Gauntlets went much better for me and I didn't even get that far into it in the first place. The first one I took on was my best, I even got a nice 4* Taskmaster Sword off it. Unfortunately ever since then, my gauntlet runs just keep going worse than the last despite my roster arguably getting stronger.
    I do realize that these challenges are supposed to be hard and/or tricky but damn, I'm getting more red ISO from a standard story mission run and the featured support this time is for a mediocre character that I don't even own or plan on owning anytime soon.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have Iron Fist champed? I used him to feed Storm black
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use 2* magneto (5/5/3) and 3* storm (5/3/5). Save up 18 black ap and then fire 2* Magneto's blue. Once the board has been reset, fire Storm's black twice. It should do the job unless you are so unlucky that every column has at least 1 teamup tile.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Fortified Four Corners was an absolute pain, but I finally beat it.
    I used Silk and got a few protects out there quick so I wasn't in danger of dying. Then, I hoarded blue and black. I did my best to get the bottom two corners fortified, but the real important part was just to make sure there were no TUs in any of the corners when I fired her powers a bunch of times in a row.
    Once I had friendly specials in each corner, I just had to hope they stayed there long enough for Prowler to do his thing.
    But it's okay. I pulled a duplicate 2* web shooter, so it was definitely worth spinning my wheels for goodness how long.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Use 2* magneto (5/5/3) and 3* storm (5/3/5). Save up 18 black ap and then fire 2* Magneto's blue. Once the board has been reset, fire Storm's black twice. It should do the job unless you are so unlucky that every column has at least 1 teamup tile.
    Oh, unlucky I am, but for an entirely different reason. I just had reseted my 2* Mags today. Now he's only at 2 covers. So I can't do that.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    IM40/3* Storm/Kamala Khan.

Use both to fuel green. Destroy the board 2 or 3 times with Storm's green. Then fire her black twice.

If not, replace KK with Dr Doom(3/5/5). The board is largely blue. So, you can have a sea of black. 

Storm with Dr Doom is much faster.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    This puzzle could be called polaris paradise. I cleared half of them without actually knowing where it was the requirement done.
    In the charged tiles I mirrored AI team.
    The final one I did it with my champed silk, luckily she heals herself, collecting all blue and black.
    The one with fortified tiles I did with karnak, monica is a pain.
    It was fun and original, more content to play.
    Indeed, this is a game and its designed for to play. Not for gaining 5* supports in exchange for 2 hours played. Although actually it could be the case.
    On this one I got a kra-van and ancestral plane 4*, on the last one I got a cull obsidian 5* that gave me a lot of QoL.