Puzzle Gauntlet

Options

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess they all can't be winners. I felt like the past puzzle gauntlets were really puzzle based and strategic.

These feel like just luck. 

Oh well, maybe next one.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was using Luke Cage for the four corners one.  Had 3 done and just need a good drop in the top left corner.  What happens--board reshuffle!  SMH...
    Had that happen twice in the same match.  Good thing my kids weren't around, because the language was not PG.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I was using Luke Cage for the four corners one.  Had 3 done and just need a good drop in the top left corner.  What happens--board reshuffle!  SMH...
    The same thing happened to me except the board shuffle actually placed the fortified tiles in the corners!

I know better than to question good luck. Now for the strike one...

Edit: Just got the strike tile one with Karnak on my like 6th try. This Puzzle Gauntlet was an ordeal.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it doesn't work, use Magneto and get 2 4* Wasp teamup that flip tiles. Save 27 yellow ap and flip once. Then, fire his yellow thrice and flip again.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got all of them except the 4 corners fortified with pick-1. I chose Cage and, because of his protects tiles, got it to a point where the AI couldn't dmg me and I couldn't dmg them. No joke, I played like this for an entire hour. Had 3 corners many times. Never 4.
    I might try again in the coming days, but I'm done for now. It is straight up nonsense asking us to do that without giving us someone who can fortify tiles.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Changing the Game is F*****g impossible there is no way to get a row of Strike tiles. This is the worst Puzzle Gauntlet yet. Fix Changing the Game Devs or open more characters to use.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used Silk for Changing the Game but also took in a few Iron Proficiency team-ups. Once the board had a fair number of strike tiles I fired off two of those to fill in the missing spots.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This iteration all of the levels are either too easy or too hard.

• SlicerDicer
    SlicerDicer Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wow. its bad enough it two vs 1. but the npc use the same tiles you do. so building up is a huge pain. but they can stun you and and spider woman can't stun.  I lost when i had finally built up for at least 3x blue chance and few yellow and black. but i got stunned and died. yay.
    pretty sad that each time these come around i am playing them less and less.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m loving the chance to try new team combinations, This is how the game should be every day , truly a PUZZLE like the name says instead of the same monotonous play every day finishing in a 124 way tie for 8th place after an hour or so . Nicely done devs, it uses more of the roster that sit on the shelf most days . 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I need advice for the BRB/Morbius/Dark Beast node. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Managed to beat all of them.  This was the hardest one yet,  the web tiles one gave me the hardest time.  After failing about ten times with PP spider man, miles,  and 2099 I beat it on my first try with half health thor,  miles,  and iron spider.  Let thor collect yellow and green passively and then let miles fire yellow and iron spider fire green a bunch. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it with Storm, C4rnage, and Polaris. I think the strategy is fairly straightforward
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:
    I did it with Storm, C4rnage, and Polaris. I think the strategy is fairly straightforward
    And I believe I focused on Morbius and stunned him when possible so he’d stop removing my tiles. 
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat them all, hated every minute of it...luck and grind are not a fun combo. At one point I tried 4Cage for 20+ min grinding to a stalemate. I quit out. Glad it's done.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went about 30 minutes at it and then realized I already have a 4* Ancestral Plane and decided I was done playing the claw machine at the MPQ carnival.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    For one column of Strike tiles, Karnak is the best choice. Set his red to 5 and equip him with whatever support that can generate additional red aps. Then, save up 30 red ap.

Edit: 
    The four corner fortified tiles is also too easy with Karnak. I completed both with Karnak using only one try each.
    This doesn't automatically work as you still need strikes tiles to fall.  I did this multiple times and I killed Mantis and Daken before I got a column to fill with strike tiles
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Had that happen twice in the same match.  Good thing my kids weren't around, because the language was not PG.

Had the same thing happen to me (2x in 1 match). I've always firmly believed that a locked board should award the player an instant victory rather than shuffle the board (esp since when it happens on the AI turn it can really wreck a match you are in control of).
    I finally beat both solo nodes. The column of strikes with Silk (after trying and failing a lot with Karnak) and corner fortified tiles with 3* Storm.
    It was all luck on the column of strikes. I must have tried at least 50x with Silk/Karak saving 30 AP in Blue/Black for her and Red for him. I'd wait patiently until a column had at least 4 strikes and then fire (Blue for her and Red for him) away hoping to get lucky but it just never happened. Finally on the 50th or so try I fired Blue and none of the 4 open tiles got a strike or web tile which meant there were very few open tiles left so that on the 2nd cast it filled it in and I won and I was literally in shock.
    The 4 corners was quite a bit easier (about 8 tries). I tried with 3* Mags first since his Red removed pesky TU's in corners, he has a blue board shuffle and his Yellow makes shield for Prowler to fortify. This is where I got the dual board shuffle when I had 3 corners filled. So I decided Storm might be better since her Green can destroy and generate a lot of AP (Prowler seems to steal a ton) and Yellow removes TUs. Got the Black needed and cast and Prowler fortified the 2 bottom corners and I just kept matching away in the edge columns till I got the lucky drop of a fortified tile. She's probably not much different than Mags other than she gives more targets for Prowler to fortify which helps if you aren't getting some good Fortified tiles from Monica's powers.
    All in all, too much luck required on the 2 solo nodes unless you happen to have the right TUs (3* Patch useful for the column of strikes) which I never seem to have (and hard to get from my alliance). Wish we could manually select any TU's we wanted for Puzzle Gauntlet. Can't recall if any supports can help fortify a friendly special but they'd help with the 4 corner one.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are certain things to keep in mind. When tiles are destroyed in chunk, the probability of an effect or at least two tiles of the  same colour dropping increases, compared to scattered tiles destruction.

A lot of switching is needed for the strike tiles node to keep them alive. 

I think my opponents had a chunk of health due to 5* mmr, that's why I could pull that off with Karnak more easily. 

If not, get strike tiles teamup from your alliance. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    And I believe I focused on Morbius and stunned him when possible so he’d stop removing my tiles. 
    I killed Morbius outright, but same idea