Options

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Is it too late to fix him?
    I created a post before Magneto was released explaining all the problems his kit had and asking Devs to fix it. Devs ignored it completely, and here we are with a useless Magneto (it was pretty obvious in his character thread, but I thought maybe creating its own thread would help).

So I guess the answer to your question is: Yes, it is too late, once the char is published I doubt Devs care anymore. 

I have to say, I dont know how the f. Devs test these chars. Do they at least try to use them in scl10 PvE or PvP, and check that they are useful in some way ? That they can beat these nodes / fights? Because I really doubt it.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Yellow stacks, he has uses. If not, another waste of a 5.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    If I have 14 yellow, enough to fire it twice for it to stack I need a yellow engine. I can't bring half-thor since pushing up his damage will make him tank everything over 5clops. What other options are there? Is this why 5* carol was nerfed?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:

So I guess the answer to your question is: Yes, it is too late, once the char is published I doubt Devs care anymore. 

I remember shared strenght was 10AP and then was changed to 7 on his release.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taganov said:
    Heart breaking. Slow, over-designed and over-costed. By the time the planets align for the passive effects of red and yellow to snowball, you're probably dead or the match is over anyway. Could be good for wave nodes? But why debut P5yke if you have 1/2 Thor? Nuke is both conditional and expensive. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Agree with thos and polares completely.  On paper he seems quite bad and has no role in the meta.  There is no one who can both act as a yellow battery and benefit from the boosted match damage.  And his black is way way too hard to use to any effect, no matter how much damage it does. 
    He will have a niche use in 1vX nodes, but that's about it.  Very similar to magneto in that you can almost see the design intent, bit it just fails when applied to the game as it is played.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares said:
    Thanos said:
    Is it too late to fix him?
    I created a post before Magneto was released explaining all the problems his kit had and asking Devs to fix it. Devs ignored it completely, and here we are with a useless Magneto (it was pretty obvious in his character thread, but I thought maybe creating its own thread would help).

I have to say, I dont know how the f. Devs test these chars. Do they at least try to use them in scl10 PvE or PvP, and check that they are useful in some way ? That they can beat these nodes / fights? Because I really doubt it.
    I'm sure some simple changes can be made. like adjusting AP costs or damage, but more involved changes require time. Often, teams on a game like this have a schedule to keep. Although they make time to work on updates (or nerfs/buffs), these are often reserved for scheduled dates. Sometimes, there is more going on behind the scenes than players realize. If there is going to be a major change to this character, I'm afraid we will have to wait awhile.
  • Bad
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82262/apocalypse-classic/p7

In the middle of this page people were wondering about shared strenght change from 9 to 7 AP.
    So it can be changed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You might use Profe$$or X to convert purple to Yellow. Otherwise I’m not sure who besides Danver5 (who still generates yellow, just not off her green). You could also use Heimdall to cheapen it to 3 if you were so inclined. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!
    Hard Lol on this one
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!
    Well... You could use Magneto's blue to simultaneously send him airborne and create a few yellow tiles...

Then, use those yellow to quickly collect AP... To use to send Carol airborne...

Thus, leaving Cyclops alone and ready to use his black...

Boom... New meta.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A champed Cyclops looks perfectly capable to tackle 5E nodes when he is featured. Other than that I cannot see myself using him much. Therefore I will try to get him to level 450/451 and stop.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess a team of 5clops, 5marvel and Polaris might have been able to hit ridiculous levels of match damage if 5clops yellow stacks. If carol's old green produced 30 yellow (board full of strikes) you could buff match damage by 300% (28 yellow AP) every time you fire carol's green at 5 covers. Since carol destroys the tiles for match damage too this would rapidly outstrip the raw damage output of her green. Both her green and 5clops red would also act as mini batteries for her green. It could get ugly after a few uses but the circumstances to trigger it are extreme and you would expect a normal match to be over long before you could engineer this situation. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are the chances that we will be getting the rest of the Phoenix Five? If so, maybe Cyclops will jive better with them(?)
  • Polares
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Bad said:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82262/apocalypse-classic/p7

In the middle of this page people were wondering about shared strenght change from 9 to 7 AP.
    So it can be changed. 
    I am sure that was a mistake when typing the power description here and the power was always 7AP in the first place (specially the way it was changed with no official notification of the change).

The only real changes we have seen to pre-released chars are nerfs (I can't remember who it was, that got nerfed before release. But I am talking maybe 3 or 4 years ago), I dont thik we have ever seen a buff.

But hey Devs, prove me wrong, buff Cyclops because he is AWFUL.

I was looking at SS who is a pretty mediocre char and his red does the same damage and creates some charged tiles (which always have been overpriced) for 7AP (!!!). Seriously, I am starting to think that Devs are trolling us....
  • Polares
    Options
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!
    Well... You could use Magneto's blue to simultaneously send him airborne and create a few yellow tiles...

Then, use those yellow to quickly collect AP... To use to send Carol airborne...

Boom... New meta.
    You mean ready to start collecting 13 black AP and some team up tiles. Lets hope we can get them before Magneto and Carol come back :P

PS: I know you were joking, but man I am really salty with this release...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares said:
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!

Boom... New meta.
    You mean ready to start collecting 13 black AP and some team up tiles. Lets hope we can get them before Magneto and Carol come back :P

There's no listed mechanism for the black reverting to yellow, so teammates returning shouldn't be a problem.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Polares said:
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!

Boom... New meta.

There's no listed mechanism for the black reverting to yellow, so teammates returning shouldn't be a problem.
    It would be interesting to know if actually 2 characters going airborne triggered this condition. Though of course single target nukes with a high cost and a secondary color AP drain component are useless in practice.
  • Polares
    Options
    Polares said:
    Magneto’s TIME TO SHINE!

Boom... New meta.

Oh you are right, I was assuming he would go back to his original stage when not alone anymore, but it is true nowhere in the power says that.

I guess then we have a meta team :P
  • Bad
    Options
    Polares said:
    I am sure that was a mistake when typing the power description here and the power was always 7AP in the first place (specially the way it was changed with no official notification of the change).

Well you may think so but...
    Lets start my digression off topic.
    What all of you consider as a copy and paste error I consider it as devs seem to not planning so ahead on time. They hand over an aproximation but if they think it better or if there are other factors they change it without any problems. The main reason of my guess is because there are too many fails.

About apocalypse now. It would be pretty serious to mistake powers of a new and important release. It could happen though.

Now a logical approach. If all the powers are 7 AP, what probabilities would be to go and put it a 9? Really slim perhaps. 

And finally if they thought it better I dont think they would release an official comunication saying it. It wont be serious.
    On the other hand posibly they would say it was a typo.
    End of my digression.