New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Options

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loosie said:

At least you guys are having these quests show up. Despite having the red ‘new quests’ dot show up every day the last new quests I can actually see is ‘play 3 times with Champions’ which of course given the other bug is stalled at 2/3.

I don’t see play 3 times with Spider-Verse, Villians or Heroes.

I've opened a ticket with support.
    The new ones didn't show for me til I cleared the previous one.

Fun....
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So weird, it’s working now 
  • Loosie
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:

At least you guys are having these quests show up. Despite having the red ‘new quests’ dot show up every day the last new quests I can actually see is ‘play 3 times with Champions’ which of course given the other bug is stalled at 2/3.

I don’t see play 3 times with Spider-Verse, Villians or Heroes.

I've opened a ticket with support.
    The new ones didn't show for me til I cleared the previous one.

Fun....
    So I had to claim a daily quest, finish the Champions quest, then as you said the new one showed up (Spider-Verse) then I had to claim a daily quest, complete that and so on.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are we not getting any more special quests ??
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I assume by this you mean Event Quests. You will need to wait for the next big event for these to (possibly) show up again. There may be an event for the release of Wanda and Vision on Disney+ but I wouldn't actually count on one for that.
  • Loosie
    Options
    My guess they are trying to work out the bugs when new events showed up over the holiday. Or we are getting them today at 12 EST as that's when all the new holiday quests started showing up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hoping for seasonal quest.  B)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options

How about:
    500 4* shards for going a season without using Polaris
    500 5* shards for going a season without using Okoye
    Next season it could rotate to Grocket & iHulk and so on.
    That kind of incentive can help see new teams. :D
    KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

How about:
    500 4* shards for going a season without using Polaris
    500 5* shards for going a season without using Okoye
    Next season it could rotate to Grocket & iHulk and so on.
    That kind of incentive can help see new teams. :D
    KGB
    I for one, support this idea.  That way I get easy t1s in every event when I ignore the milestones and use Okoye and Polaris against all the rabble. :)
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    how about seasonal quest for each and every season, so there is another way of seasonal progression, that is based on pve and pvp ( not only pvp as presently )
    it would be great to have quests like - play 1-5-10-25-50-> games with current pve required character to get shards for that character, that could apply to all 3,4,5*
    also for quest ideas, you could make quests to fire specific color power x times for some cool rewards, or fire specific characters powers x times to get rewards, or match 4 and 5 for rewards
    honestly I love what you did to the game, especially that I came back after 3 or 4 years of not playing mpq and I am impressed that there are so many amazing changes, even if you dont add any of the above I still love the game, but please consider expanding this quests idea as it is absolutely awesome
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I hate to say this but why are the milestone quests set so low?  This content has barely lasted a month, and now even the free to play whales have largely maxed out the 3* and higher mile stones.  I thought the whole point was to have new objectives for established rosters to play for.  
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's not that they are low.  I for one haven't maxed them out yet.  The real question is, why is there a max at all?  

At a certain point, just grant a new reward every 'x' number of repetitions of an item.  The scale should be open-ended.  I'm not sure what the top end of the scale is right now, but whatever it is for a given milestone, why not simply keep awarding a new reward every time the player repeats that top-level milestone?   If the top of the matches scale is 100,000, award another batch of items at 200,000, 300,000, etc.  Or even every 50K thereafter, whatever.  For each metric, come up with some number that allows for repetition, and just let people keep cycling through that number forever.  Come up with a way to programmatically generate the rewards that makes sense, and you're all set.  x iSO, y blue shards, z pink shards, and 100 HP per level of repetition, etc.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Nice to see some new quests today (collect 25 blue, collect 25 purple, make 50 matches) in the daily quest list.
    KGB

I didn't have any of those, but it is good to hear they are still making updates.
  • Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had make 15 green matches, make 15 team up matches, and make 50 matches. I didn't realize the quests were not the same for everybody.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fully appreciate the new daily quests.  Hopefully that means career miles are being reviewed to either open the range or start adding new monthly quests.  Good job so far
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the additions. Several times now I've had it down to needing to pick between entering a PvP event before I'm ready (trying to catch a flip), or buying something from the resource store I don't want. I hope these new options reduce or eliminate that.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,143 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I like the additions. Several times now I've had it down to needing to pick between entering a PvP event before I'm ready (trying to catch a flip), or buying something from the resource store I don't want. I hope these new options reduce or eliminate that.
    While I generally don't want to buy anything at the resource store, I did spend a couple thousand HP to get 5-star Storm enough shards for another cover (she's 5/4/3 now) and tick that box off.

The new "Match X tiles of this color" definitely made me change the teams I usually use for the Deadpool Daily.  I had purple, yellow, and black, so I went with Scarlet Witch and Cloak and Dagger to make those quests go a bit faster.  The matches went longer than the usual "5-star Thanos makes a Match.  Court Death.  Next!"
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had...
    "Make 50 Matches"
    "Make 15 Green matches"
    "Make 15 Blue matches"
    "Make 15 Yellow matches"

Great to see new/different things.
  • Loosie
    Options