New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Comments

• Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Took my kitty from 9 to 12 covers, with just 180 shards to get her fully covered.

have to say, the milestones feature is an awesome addition to the game.

bravo!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    I only processed 2 5* covers , but moved up partially covering a half dozen others . In other words , if I only needed 20 shards I didn’t use a 140 shard reward on it , but used it on a character with around 340 shards. This way depending on shard store appearance , I can get another 6-8 covers shortly for a minor HP store purchase . I’ll also champ Heimdall in his next PvE appearance. 

I wondered how you made out given you've repeatedly said you aren't rostering/champing a lot of characters that aren't meta/ones you use.
    Milestones is one area where the bigger the roster/farming, the more you got.
    KGB
    This is true , based on other claims here , my rewards were meager . So I got very little regarding farming milestones.  Obviously I will start now since they give a worthwhile reward finally that is beneficial to me . New rewards , new ideology , it’s a different game as of today . I still got enough to be more than satisfied. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    For those who are post-ISO, the "use boost" milestone quest gives Rank 1 Support from 25 boosts used onwards. The max number of boosts that can be used per match is 15.  Unfortunately, I don't have the iso to test out  whether they will give R3 or R4 supports once you use more than x thousand boosts.

Edit: 
    Use 400 boosts give R2 Support.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody have the presence of mind to track them before they claimed them? I’m curious what the “use a shield in PVP” track escalates to.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    For those who are post-ISO, the "use boost" milestone quest gives Rank 1 Support from 25 boosts used onwards. The max number of boosts that can be used per match is 15.  Unfortunately, I don't have the iso to test out  whether they will give R3 or R4 supports once you use more than x thousand boosts.

Edit: 

Is the Rank 2 support also the Stepford Cuckoos? My problem is I already have this **** support at Rank 4 so there is no incentive for me. I'd much rather have a standard support token so I'd at least have a shot at something I could use.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    It's R2 Web Shooters. 
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    This was for sure merry shardmas, finally got to champ Kitty, JJ and hopefully Okoye next. 
    Love the milestone rewards! 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the special quests, theres that "27 holiday quests" thing.  I couldve sworn they were at 5/27 as of yesterday... But now it says 4/27.  Which coincides with the Snowball quest leaving the page.

Maybe im wrong... But i feel like i lost a quest completed because the snowball one timed out...
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Same here.  I thought 5 special quests were completed and now it shows 4.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    We still need challenging Eldar tier milestones.  There are many accts that were legitimately maxed out on the new quests.  We all appreciate the resource windfall, but the remains quests are grinder style missions aren’t meaningful unique to 3/4/5/eldar tier legacy roster.  Some ideas might be create 30 strike/attack/protect tiles in one match.  Filll the board with web tiles.  It’s okay to have quests that can only be unlocked by 1 niche char
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    We still need challenging Eldar tier milestones.  There are many accts that were legitimately maxed out on the new quests.  We all appreciate the resource windfall, but the remains quests are grinder style missions aren’t meaningful unique to 3/4/5/eldar tier legacy roster.  Some ideas might be create 30 strike/attack/protect tiles in one match.  Filll the board with web tiles.  It’s okay to have quests that can only be unlocked by 1 niche char
    I played this Disney emoji match game for a while and they had milestone type things where it was “use a blue character to win 10 matches” or whatever and having categories like “use an avenger” or “use an Xmen” could be good with all the categories we have already in place. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited December 2020
    I remember seeing screenshot in one of the threads stating something like "defeat x number of Symbiotes" under Milestone Quest in one of the threads. However, I can't find the screenshot now. It's probably something they are already working on, but not rolled out yet.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:

Edit: 

Is the Rank 2 support also the Stepford Cuckoos? My problem is I already have this **** support at Rank 4 so there is no incentive for me. I'd much rather have a standard support token so I'd at least have a shot at something I could use.
    KGB
    Stupid newbie questions here, but I have never payed all that much attention to supports til now, as they are hard to collect and not super important, but how do you get supports to higher ranks? Can you level them with duplicate covers or do you just have to draw them?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:

Edit: 

KGB
    Stupid newbie questions here, but I have never payed all that much attention to supports til now, as they are hard to collect and not super important, but how do you get supports to higher ranks? Can you level them with duplicate covers or do you just have to draw them?
    You have to draw them.  When you do, the lower level support gets recycled into Red ISO.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Ok, let say it: milestones are SO good that I decided to back to the game! 1500 5* Wasp shards in one day has convinced me.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Ok, let say it: milestones are SO good that I decided to back to the game! 1500 5* Wasp shards in one day has convinced me.

I hope you also bought a Wasp cover for 250 CP last week when she was the featured 5* in PvE. That would have been a good investment for you to champ her.
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Mr_F said:

I hope you also bought a Wasp cover for 250 CP last week when she was the featured 5* in PvE. That would have been a good investment for you to champ her.
    KGB

I do not hoard CP. Sadly I missed her being featured. Also as I still have lots of 4* to champion, more pulls is better for me. (not to mention that I have 20 ready to be champed).
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker

Supports in the Support Store rotate at the beginning of each PVP season, so this current 12 just started yesterday.
    Hold your tokens until there is a few in the store that you need. Be patient....
    Thank you @skittledaddy!!!

That's the plan, waiting for Chewie and Royal Talon Fighter to hit the store!
  • Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    grumbLEGO said:
    Phumade said:
    I played this Disney emoji match game for a while and they had milestone type things where it was “use a blue character to win 10 matches” or whatever and having categories like “use an avenger” or “use an Xmen” could be good with all the categories we have already in place. 

You mean like accolades in CoD?

unlocking accolades for dropping a crate on someone for the final kill etc.

that’s a really good idea tbf.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Uber_mpq said:
    grumbLEGO said:
    Phumade said:

You mean like accolades in CoD?

unlocking accolades for dropping a crate on someone for the final kill etc.

that’s a really good idea tbf.
    Could be something like “finish off an enemy with a green power 50 times” or “finish off an enemy with Vision’s Heavy Strike 10 times” or something