New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Options

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    milestone!!!  Thank you!!!!  Yesss!!!  Its truly shardmas!!!!!!
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the Milestones.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Be careful claiming the rewards, particularly the “Promote 4* (and 5*) to champion” since you get a TON of shards and can switch the character between each claiming (as needed). 
    Yup this - ended up with 3k Shards on Misty Knight... didn't need that many of her.  I was paying attention to my 5s, got 7 iHulk covers out of it as he was woefully undercovered.  

So much fun, loads ot TM, Dino, Spiderham, CP and i think 15 support tokens by the end of it all

Merry Shardmas 2.0!!
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I will accept the migraine inducing PVP loading screen as a trade off for milestones.

Fantastic work with this one. So many covers/levels and all done without any RNG!
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!

That was insane and awesome!
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's my iHulk champed. It's a Shardsmas miracle!
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks very nice feature so far
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,335 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Be careful claiming the rewards, particularly the “Promote 4* (and 5*) to champion” since you get a TON of shards and can switch the character between each claiming (as needed). 
    Yup this - ended up with 3k Shards on Misty Knight... didn't need that many of her.  I was paying attention to my 5s, got 7 iHulk covers out of it as he was woefully undercovered.  

So much fun, loads ot TM, Dino, Spiderham, CP and i think 15 support tokens by the end of it all

Merry Shardmas 2.0!!
    7 covers for a 5*?!?!   I have so many undercovered but I think My 4 cover ihulk will get the shards.  Amazing
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is crazy.   :o
  • Loosie
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Merry Shardmas 2.0!!
    7 covers for a 5*?!?!   I have so many undercovered but I think My 4 cover ihulk will get the shards.  Amazing
    I ended up with 8 total. Took BRB from 3/3/3 to champed at 451. and Okoye from 452 to 455
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Merry Shardmas 2.0!!
    Yeah - I kinda semi-retired over the summer so missed iHulk release hence why he needs the shards, but have 34 5s and 99 4s champed - that equals a lot of shards from milestones!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loads of 2, 3, and 4-star levels. Inched my 5's up. Loki should be done next event with progression shards, Star-Lord needs 15, Killmonger needs 3 (both will be covered chasing a Magneto cover, most likely), Kingpin needs 5 shards and 3 Miles covers, Hawkeye needs 6 Kate covers (and she's close to one on shards).

And those are the last of my Classic 5's. Then I'll have Deadpool and Magneto left to do (holding out for the two of them and the next 5 to start pulling).

AND I got 6 levels for Okoye in the process (she's always been under leveled compared to the 5's I use her with).

You get Limited covers for champing 5's. Howard, Dino, Spider-Ham, and Taskmaster, one cover of each power. So I got 12 new Limited covers today, which was neat. Next reward is Dino's costume (that I'll reach once I champ those last couple of Classics).

Supports got me 9 Basic, 9 Advanced, and 1 Master Token. First Master Token I've ever seen, personally. Managed three new Rank 4's (Chimichanga up from Rank 3, Lucky and Yaro Root up from Rank 2). Still no 5's.

The rain of rewards from previously completed Milestones has been a lot of fun. Looking forward to working on the others.
  • Loosie
    Options
    This is really really awesome and cool. I see that the 'champ X #-star characters ### times' is now 'complete' for 2, 3 and 4 as 14, 47 and 100 respectively. Is it safe to assume that as more 4*s are added that will get 'unlocked' and continue to climb?
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Merry Shard-mas all
    This is a proper way to handle retro-actives and rewards. Well done good folk.
    Heed the PSA and champ accordingly. 
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 5*s champed thanks to all that. It was lovely. Reminded me of when SCLs rolled out. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for the retroactive rewards!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The feature pumped new life into the game for me.

I was able to finish up four 5*s that have been stuck for months at 10 and 11 covers.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, I am very pleasantly surprised at this, and super stoked to cash everything in.  Now I just need an up to date list of feeders, so I can see what 5* I want to put covers into.  Just have 9 or so left to champ.  If anyone has one, feel free to send it my way, thanks.