New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Comments

• bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Holiday quests are dropping credit for quests that "expire", but are complete.

THE REWARD FOR COMPLETING ALL 27 WAS DROPPED FROM 400 SHARDS TO ONLY 200.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holiday quests are dropping credit for quests that "expire", but are complete.

THE REWARD FOR COMPLETING ALL 27 WAS DROPPED FROM 400 SHARDS TO ONLY 200.
    It was always 200 shards. On page 5 of the holiday event thread Pheregas mentions that the reward for completing all quests is half of a cover and that was back on Dec 9th.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Holiday Quest counter is broken. Everytime a quest finishes, the counter drops down.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    NMANOZ1 said:
    Holiday Quest counter is broken. Everytime a quest finishes, the counter drops down.
    Yeah, I too noticed that something's off. I've completed all event quests until now but it shows 3/27. Hope they fix it.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    NMANOZ1 said:
    Yeah, I too noticed that something's off. I've completed all event quests until now but it shows 3/27. Hope they fix it.
    I came here to report that something weird is happening with the event progress. Mine dropped from 5/27 to 3/27.

The difference being that the Galactus related quests (and progress) disappeared at the end of Galactus.

I suspect that this sort of coding error will also strike once Globe Trotting disappears.

@IceIX Are the programmers aware?  
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Is the vault quest only the holiday vault? I opened a Galactus Hungers vault token and it didn’t count towards the 5.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    Is the vault quest only the holiday vault? I opened a Galactus Hungers vault token and it didn’t count towards the 5.
    Mine Galactus token counted.  But not the pulls I used for the 100HP daily deal.  Luckily I had some Spicy Tokens set aside, so I burned one of those to go with my DDQ pulls.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I'm down to 2/27 even though I'm sure I've done them all except opening 5 vault tokens.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    My event quests dropped down as well, I was also at 5/27 and down to 2 quests done :(   Please look at this bug devs
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    pheregas said:
    Dogface said:
    NMANOZ1 said:
    I came here to report that something weird is happening with the event progress. Mine dropped from 5/27 to 3/27.

The difference being that the Galactus related quests (and progress) disappeared at the end of Galactus.

I suspect that this sort of coding error will also strike once Globe Trotting disappears.

@IceIX Are the programmers aware?  
    They're aware, checking into it.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:

The last new feature that we’ll be putting out is coming a little later, Puzzle Ops, related to Johnny Storm’s Fireside Puzzles. We’ll be releasing more info on that soon, but suffice it to say now that players who have been looking for more ways to play than just beating up their opponents will have an early holiday present coming!

THANK YOU for the Milestone Quests! <3 

Regarding "Johnny Storm's Fireside Puzzles"... any chance of the completion-reward being the ability to scale-up 3* Johnny to 4*? Being the only F4 member not in the 4* tier has been playing havoc on both my OCD and F4 fandom for years. ^_^ 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    As @IceIX mentioned the team is checking into it and we created the FAQ below on where we will have updates.  Thank you to everyone that gave us a heads up.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en
  • LakeStone
    We updated the FAQ just now.  Find it here for the details - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en

Thanks again for letting us know and for your patience! 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    We updated the FAQ just now.  Find it here for the details - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en

Thanks again for letting us know and for your patience! 
    Thanks for the update. Hope it works out for future events, I like the idea overall, so it'd be cool to see it come back at a different time of year.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    When will this be rolled out? It's still showing the old one.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Is the six we shout have going to split into these when it comes out tomorrow
  • LakeStone
    When will this be rolled out? It's still showing the old one.
    Tomorrow, I updated the FAQ to reflect it.  Thanks!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Not sure where to mention this, because there are several threads talking about the counter bug and this one is a bit different.

I can’t increase the counter for “Play in 2 Versus events in the Holiday Season!” I think the event became available when Evergreen started along with “Make 25 Green matches”. I was able to do the latter, but the former is still at 0/2.

(I know the events would be replaced soon, but I thought maybe they want to try and fix this too if they want to use this for future events)
    To the best of my knowledge it only counts events that start after the quest did. I got one of two for doing a Lightning Round, but didn't get any credit for playing the Iceman or Shiled Sim events. Probably not the intended result, but I think that's what's going on. My slice for Evergreen hadn't started yet so I haven't tried it yet.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Evergreen counts.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes Evergreen counted but SHIELD Sim didn't.