New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Great addition, and thank you so much! Definitely feels like Christmas!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is great! Huge surprise and I have to eat some words. Thanks Devs! Great Xmas gift! 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Merry Shard-mas all
    This is a proper way to handle retro-actives and rewards. Well done good folk.
    Heed the PSA and champ accordingly. 
    Despite having tested this feature myself, I forgot about this in the rush to redeem. Luckily, I had America Chavez favorited for 4s and Okoye/Kitty for 5s, so I didn't miss anything, but yeah!
    I realized that shards were coming in bursts, so I was very deliberate about who I had shargetted.  Ended up with something like 10 LTs by the end of it and my last non-magneto 5* champed.  I stopped redeeming some of them for when Mags becomes shargettable.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I went from 0 to 3 5* supports. Plus some other 1 to 2, 2 to 3 etc. Did eat away a lot of my RISO, but that's what it's for. 
    It did take some attention to precisely allocate all those shards. Favourite this, unfavourite that. But all in all, great stuff.
    A lot of 'completed' now, but I hear they might stretch the goals at some point again.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't get anything great supportwise, some upgraded ones I probably won't use heh.

I didn't get nearly as many 5* shards as you guys, but got apocalypse another power and a half lol.
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    WOW! I wasn't expecting all those generous rewards! This a great addition to the game, thanks devs!

Talking about supports, got 15 tokens. Does anyone know when they rotate?
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I started claiming my Milestones for 2* champs, but didn't get all the Heroic Tokens I should have received. Did this happen to anyone else?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    rawfsu said:
    I started claiming my Milestones for 2* champs, but didn't get all the Heroic Tokens I should have received. Did this happen to anyone else?
    Earlier in the thread they mentioned that we do not get rewards for things they don't have data for.  So for 2*, you likely got rewards for what you currently have rostered, not for past farming.  Same for 3* or 4* for that matter.

I got the most from things like supports, since those are not deleted and farmed. 
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I did only get credit for the 2*'s I have rostered, but didn't get all the Heroic Tokens for the Milestone Rewards I claimed. I got credit for the 13 2*'s currently on my roster, but only got 2 Heroics after claiming all the Milestones associated with that accomplishment.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    bk201 said:
    WOW! I wasn't expecting all those generous rewards! This a great addition to the game, thanks devs!

Talking about supports, got 15 tokens. Does anyone know when they rotate?
    @bk201

Supports in the Support Store rotate at the beginning of each PVP season, so this current 12 just started yesterday.
    Hold your tokens until there is a few in the store that you need. Be patient....
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Yeah , I like everything about this. The rewards are great and it is fun to strategize how I should use them to improve my roster. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I clocked that as 6 natural 5* covers and two more via champed 4*s, and thanks to some judicious swapping around, I was able to get powers for Carnage, Killmonger, Yelena, and iHulk that I did not have before.  I decided to go that route instead of taking one character from seven covers to champed.

I'm extremely pleased with this.  Now roll on the iso sale so I can do something about all these characters who need some crystal plugged into them!
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, and I'm really happy with my supports results.  Other than the Stones, I'm only missing Atlantis and Lockheed now.

Plus, my white whale has been, of all things, Element Guns.  I've probably picked up ten-twelve 1* Guns and never more than that.  This thing ended with me having two standard tokens and two advanced.  The two standards were both 1* Guns, and the second advanced, at long, ridiculous last, was a 5* Guns.  I laughed.  And now I can finally give some character a yellow boost!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Be careful claiming the rewards, particularly the “Promote 4* (and 5*) to champion” since you get a TON of shards and can switch the character between each claiming (as needed). 
    Too late. Claimed all the milestones rewards and realised my targeted 5* was set to doc ock. I needed 4 more covers to champ but had enough shards for 4 additional champion levels. Could have definitely managed that better and set it to someone else. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    FWIW, the Limited Cover rewards brought my Devil Dino to Level 370, which is my first 4* to get to full champion levels (my next closest is at 356).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't target the way I probably should have, but I'm not complaining about Polaris and Okoye levels. This was all positive. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus.... It's all good.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:

The other thing that's very sweet is that you don't have to claim your milestones till you want them. So you could leave some unclaimed if you wanted to save shards for future 5* you might not cover in time.

KGB
    Is this verified?  I thought
     someone said on the forums that they didn't claim a quest reward and it disappeared the next day.  However, maybe different types of quest rewards are treated differently or my memory of what I read is faulty.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:

The other thing that's very sweet is that you don't have to claim your milestones till you want them. So you could leave some unclaimed if you wanted to save shards for future 5* you might not cover in time.

KGB
    Is this verified?  I thought
     someone said on the forums that they didn't claim a quest reward and it disappeared the next day.  However, maybe different types of quest rewards are treated differently or my memory of what I read is faulty.
    That was a reference to the Daily Quests, which expire, the Milestone Quests shouldn't expire, thus saving the rewards should be possible.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    I only processed 2 5* covers , but moved up partially covering a half dozen others . In other words , if I only needed 20 shards I didn’t use a 140 shard reward on it , but used it on a character with around 340 shards. This way depending on shard store appearance , I can get another 6-8 covers shortly for a minor HP store purchase . I’ll also champ Heimdall in his next PvE appearance. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I only processed 2 5* covers , but moved up partially covering a half dozen others . In other words , if I only needed 20 shards I didn’t use a 140 shard reward on it , but used it on a character with around 340 shards. This way depending on shard store appearance , I can get another 6-8 covers shortly for a minor HP store purchase . I’ll also champ Heimdall in his next PvE appearance. 

I wondered how you made out given you've repeatedly said you aren't rostering/champing a lot of characters that aren't meta/ones you use.
    Milestones is one area where the bigger the roster/farming, the more you got.
    KGB