New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    If there was ever a feature that made me feel like my veteran (Day 2269) status was valued, it's this one.  Not to mention holy cow are the rewards tangible.  I just got 5 5* Professor X covers + Loki (yeah, but he was already at 12 and I had 2 saved covers) + almost enough to champ Kitty.  I don't think I've been as thrilled by a feature since Saved Covers.

Thanks all, and well done.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    Punter1 said:
    Be careful claiming the rewards, particularly the “Promote 4* (and 5*) to champion” since you get a TON of shards and can switch the character between each claiming (as needed). 
    Yup this - ended up with 3k Shards on Misty Knight... didn't need that many of her.  I was paying attention to my 5s, got 7 iHulk covers out of it as he was woefully undercovered.  

So much fun, loads ot TM, Dino, Spiderham, CP and i think 15 support tokens by the end of it all

Merry Shardmas 2.0!!
    7 covers for a 5*?!?!   I have so many undercovered but I think My 4 cover ihulk will get the shards.  Amazing
    I ended up with 8 total. Took BRB from 3/3/3 to champed at 451. and Okoye from 452 to 455

I did mine now and actually finished my BRB and Wolvie Daken (both at 12), and added 6 covers to iHulk.  8 in total for me.  Now I have all 3 LL champed so I can wait for Mags/New/New
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did NOT expect that many 5* shards!  Thankfully, I had my 5* target as JJ, and she's my lowest covered person (next to W5sp).

She went from 7 covers to lvl 451!  That's crazy talk!!

Also, I got SEVEN advanced support tokens?!  What?!  Nevermind that i cashed them in and got a duplicate tier 4 support --groan--  but hey, that's still cool, since I never would've even had the chance previously.

So many things gained...  very awesome.  Thank you, D3. 

...oh, and I made a vid of it.  I started cashing a couple in, and I saw what it was turning into, so I stopped to record.  :)

https://youtu.be/wTrfhMp6hA4
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,090 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. Just that.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    This had major impact on my roster (almost completing my personal quest to champ all 4 stars), and jump started my 5s.  Great implementation, I love this feature!
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    That was unexpected, thank you!
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Thank you D3!  This was a very welcome surprise.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Did anyone make note of the number of 5* shards (or covers' worth) you got for champing 4s?
    I really need to plan this right and I'd like to know how many covers' worth I should expect.

I have all 4s champed, except the newest 3. So I should get to the final milestone, I believe.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    You guys get a lot of stick but this is truly awesome 

looking forward to many more shards as I continue playing 🙂

happy shardmas everyone 
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Merry Christmas to all!!! This feature/addition is so so good. Thanks!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally champed BRB!! AAHHH!!!

This was a great feature. Thanks d3!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone make note of the number of 5* shards (or covers' worth) you got for champing 4s?
    I really need to plan this right and I'd like to know how many covers' worth I should expect.

I have all 4s champed, except the newest 3. So I should get to the final milestone, I believe.
    I would just pick one 5* and check their progress every two or three times you level up a milestone and go from there. Overall I think I got like seven 5* covers.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I would just pick one 5* and check their progress every two or three times you level up a milestone and go from there. Overall I think I got like seven 5* covers.
    This.

They come faster than your 4s advance and in much larger chunks than your favorites so it is very unique to the practices we've all grown accustomed too.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    supergarv said:
    Wow. I think I‘ve never been this overwhelmed by MPQ rewards... ever. Very generous. Much appreciated. Such boost.

Maybe one of you can explain to my boss why my toilet break took 20mins and I came out there smiling like a maniac.
    As long as you washed your hands...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's 7 covers if you have 100 or more 4* champed. So you have be careful and switch around your sharget if you only need a few covers. I accidentally over did it on IHulk (needed 5, got 6) and got 1 extra before I noticed and switched to BRB (need 1 more for him so at least I'm close).
    The other thing that's very sweet is that you don't have to claim your milestones till you want them. So you could leave some unclaimed if you wanted to save shards for future 5* you might not cover in time.
    In every way this is better than feeders because it's not tied to a character in any way so you pick whom you want to get the shards. We still need feeders but with this system we can live with feeders being only tied to newly released 4* characters like Scorpion/Red Guardian etc.
    KGB
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice feature that finally helped me finish my last of the limited chars and gave me more supports than the last year or more and it'll still be a nice bonus even after this first wave of retroactive rewards.

While not wanting to be greedy, just need some more feeders and capping roster slots at 1k hp now and it'd be the perfect MPQmas.  B)
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Got like, 10 characters maxed out...  but don't have nearly ISO to get them champed.  Not going to complain though since this was extremely generous and awesome.  It looks like my new goal in the game us scooping up that ISO for those characters!  Thanks again.