New Feature: Milestone and Special Quests

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised Lightning Rounds would count it, since they aren't tagged with the season identifier.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised Lightning Rounds would count it, since they aren't tagged with the season identifier.
    I just tried it.  Didn't count towards the cheevo for me.  Still at 1 of 2 after joining the Evergreen.  I was shielded out of Iceboy PVP when the milestone became active, so I guess I'm waiting until the Warlock one.
  • pheregas
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    I was shielded out of Iceboy PVP when the milestone became active,
    I doubt even if you played a match that it would count. I have a feeling we need to join a new event after the milestone became active for it to count.
    That sounds about right.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they patched the "total," so the existing one is still completable.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    I guess I'm waiting until the Warlock one.
    If the patch is happening soon, we might not have time to get it.

I'd be a bit annoyed if the patch goes through before I could get that quest completed, while some people could get it done because they joined events after the quest had started.

Add: it seems the only one that got patched was the very last quest. I thought all of them would be reset.
    I'm having the same problem. Lightning rounds, evergreen, shield.  Nothing working to get those 2 wins...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    So I'm guessing the 500 story mission quest will start with Simulator. Was hoping to get some done in HoD, but no.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Dogface said:
    So I'm guessing the 500 story mission quest will start with Simulator. Was hoping to get some done in HoD, but no.
    It works for the puzzle missions though so you could play the collect black AP over and over, get victories, make matches, use boosts and kill like a whole flock of birds with one stone. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    The 500 story mission completions needs to be lowered.   Not fun having to grind during the holidays when we have other things to do.
  • grumbLEGO
    The 500 story mission completions needs to be lowered.   Not fun having to grind during the holidays when we have other things to do.
    On the assumption that there are about 10 nodes to clear a day in any PVE, and you clear each 3 times, that comes out to 500 in a little over 16 days and the timer on the event is 18 days. Shouldn’t be beyond the normal level of grinding. A few extra runs of really easy nodes here and there to make up absences or nodes that end up too difficult, should not be too much of an issue, a bit excessive for only 100 shards though. 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hi Everyone - Just wanted to share another update which we put up on the FAQ now.  Some events aren't accumulating due to when they started and when the patch went live - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en
  • pheregas
    grumbLEGO said:
    On the assumption that there are about 10 nodes to clear a day in any PVE, and you clear each 3 times, that comes out to 500 in a little over 16 days and the timer on the event is 18 days. Shouldn’t be beyond the normal level of grinding. A few extra runs of really easy nodes here and there to make up absences or nodes that end up too difficult, should not be too much of an issue, a bit excessive for only 100 shards though. 
    I think I calculated that in CL9 and below, at 4 clears at open, followed by 3 clears at end, that's 7 fights per node at 10 nodes = 70 nodes.  Sim has three subs, so that's 270, not including the yellow node on the main page.  So 7 clearing all nodes will have that particular milestone completed in the event that follows Sim.

While 100 shards is a bit stingy as a reward, I'm just looking at it as icing on the cake.  I mean, most (competitive) players were going to play those nodes anyway.
  • grumbLEGO
    pheregas said:
    grumbLEGO said:
    I think I calculated that in CL9 and below, at 4 clears at open, followed by 3 clears at end, that's 7 fights per node at 10 nodes = 70 nodes.  Sim has three subs, so that's 270, not including the yellow node on the main page.  So 7 clearing all nodes will have that particular milestone completed in the event that follows Sim.

While 100 shards is a bit stingy as a reward, I'm just looking at it as icing on the cake.  I mean, most (competitive) players were going to play those nodes anyway.
    Yeah, that sounds about right, I was going with the “minimum effort” approach which should still result in a positive ending, but I don’t see much reason that getting that reward should be difficult outside of most people’s play effort. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas said:
    grumbLEGO said:

How have people liked this?  I somehow don't know that 70 x 3 isn't 270, but is 210.  So we are going to need a week of solid 7x clears by 10 nodes a day to get the required 500 wins.  However, with 17 days remaining, that shouldn't be difficult, even if a boss event is thrown our way.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Cl10 is only 5 clears per node. But still should be pretty doable, even with a boss event or some horrific 650 nodes that we can't clear.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2020
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - Just wanted to share another update which we put up on the FAQ now.  Some events aren't accumulating due to when they started and when the patch went live - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en
    I take it we're just going to glaze over switching the total reward from 400 shards (a cover) to 200?

Disclaimer: can't speak for Android/iOS versions, but the reward was listed as 40 shards, in game, on Steam, for the first 2.5 days it was up.
  • pheregas
    4th circle of MPQ hell :D (useless labor)
    KGB
    Bonus points for including any reference to a circle of hell in a Winter Holiday event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Play in  2 Versus Events in the Holiday Season" triggers as soon as you select/register a timeslice. You don't have to play a single node to make it count.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    "Play in  2 Versus Events in the Holiday Season" triggers as soon as you select/register a timeslice. You don't have to play a single node to make it count.
    That sounds like what some people in my alliance do in alliance event  ;) . It's a one time thing though.
  • HawkGuy616
    HawkGuy616 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else having trouble with the Agents of SHIELD milestone updating? I've done about 5 battles with various members, but with no luck setting anything update.