Marvel Puzzle Quest R204 Release Notes (6/8/20)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing scl10 already takes a lot of my time so of course I turn off animation. And giving thanks god that now its posible. If there comes a day where I wouldnt want to grind more then I will watch animations. Not likely it will happen though.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Xception81

I leave my animations off during DDQ just because I only turn them on rarely (like during Introducing...) then immediately turn them off as I would otherwise forget to. Maybe I’ll start enabling them during DDQ now, so thanks for that bit of insight. I also always play muted since I find a large amount of the sound effects displeasing. I would prefer to play with all the bells and whistles in theory, but in practice it is an inconvenience at best.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    @Xception81

I leave my animations off during DDQ just because I only turn them on rarely (like during Introducing...) then immediately turn them off as I would otherwise forget to. Maybe I’ll start enabling them during DDQ now, so thanks for that bit of insight. I also always play muted since I find a large amount of the sound effects displeasing. I would prefer to play with all the bells and whistles in theory, but in practice it is an inconvenience at best.
    I’m in Hound’s camp where I put them on when it doesn’t *really* matter to go fast. And so for DDQ I play the nodes backwards and think the 4* and 3* nodes are fun ones to turn them on, especially since I use those 3 nodes to play around with different 4*s and don’t just use the same ones each day. Then I turn them off for the 2* and 1* nodes (cause that does get repetitive), which guarantees they’ll be off when I do PvE a bit later. And you also just get used to double-checking they’re off before you start the grind in PvE. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You’ve all verified exactly what I said , you play primarily to compete , I play primarily for the opposite reason , I enjoy the game and all it’s aspects including animations. It CAN’T be both.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You’ve all verified exactly what I said , you play primarily to compete , I play primarily for the opposite reason , I enjoy the game and all it’s aspects including animations. It CAN’T be both.
    Except there’s no *right* way to play the game. I enjoy all aspects of it, but like the competition also, which I get from PvE, and the animations and character interactions which I get in PvP and other nodes. Doesn’t have to be only one way the entire time. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My joke was about beating on the guy on the floor beyond them being unconscious, like they were Hitler or something and so deserved it, I am not sure how we got to this debate about animations being on...😁😁😁
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I play somewhere in the middle. I’m covering 5*s and hitting at or near top 100 most of the time. I leave animations on because the game would be boring to me without them. I don’t center my life around MPQ, I play in my free time...but I play to full progression and use the fastest teams I have at my disposal. 

The game can be whatever you make of it. There is full casual, full competitive, and everything in between.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Except there’s no *right* way to play the game. I enjoy all aspects of it, but like the competition also, which I get from PvE, and the animations and character interactions which I get in PvP and other nodes. Doesn’t have to be only one way the entire time. 
    I agree it’s subjective to your goals , there is no right way to play . You either choose to compete and rigidly grind in a restricted time frame for about an hour in the same monotonous routine every day ,and ignore playing it for about 23 hours ,  or you enjoy the game and play it whenever you can in your leisure time throughout the entire day . It isn’t both .
       Much like having a girlfriend , if you only want her for sex you just use her for an hour a day and then ignore her the rest of the day , or you enjoy being with her and spend the entire day doing various things with her. Again , it can’t be both . And neither is wrong .
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I agree it’s subjective to your goals , there is no right way to play . You either choose to compete and rigidly grind in a restricted time frame for about an hour in the same monotonous routine every day ,and ignore playing it for about 23 hours ,  or you enjoy the game and play it whenever you can in your leisure time throughout the entire day . It isn’t both .
       Much like having a girlfriend , if you only want her for sex you just use her for an hour a day and then ignore her the rest of the day , or you enjoy being with her and spend the entire day doing various things with her. Again , it can’t be both . And neither is wrong .
    It can be both.  I play scl 10 pvp competitively, I'm in a pvp alliance and I usually end up about 1000 points per pvp occasionally 1200 and don't coordinate on line or anything, generally end up in top 25.

I also play scl 10 pve semi-competitively, I don't ever end up top 20, but just by doing each node 7 times in a somewhat closer to optimal way at times that work at my leisure I generally end up top 100 maybe even top 50.

I have always had animations on and have never turned them off.  You can play to compete AND play at your leisure.  You can get a high rank AND enjoy the animations. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is some hardcore rigid thinking right here. The fallacy is you think the opposite of competition is enjoyment.  That’s a value judgment on your part and you’re imposing your values on others by saying “it can’t be both!”.  

Many people (myself included) enjoy competition. Whether I’m playing a pickup game of basketball or monopoly, I play to win and enjoy the competitive aspects of games. Though I will say I’ve been known to try and play with as much of my 5* roster as possible (hence my 5* character ranking guide) as I also find enjoyment in variety. So I use PVE to compete and PVP for variety. Both things I find fun. Value judgments on my part for sure, as many would rather just use their 2-6 best characters every event (Bill/Kitty/Bish/Okoye/Hulk/Thor).  And that’s cool too. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But if you have seen animations a thousand of times( and actually I have seem more than you playing a lot more than you) its ok to turn off because you dont like them like the first day. But actually enjoying the game like the first day or more.
    About girlfriends, although not related to this game... Rethink approach. Its a good hint from me.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoy the game and don't really play competitively, but this game requires a *lot* of replaying matches (one of the worst aspects of the game IMO). During all those replays, time for animations adds up, leading to an even larger time consumption. That's why I turned off animations, even though the animation art in the game is pretty good.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I play scl10 with no animations or sounds, but I just go for progression. I don't care about placement as I mostly play just the first 4 clears. Don't care for it
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jamesh said:

It's a bit of a long shot, but she did get an updated costume a while back:

I feel like this is the best guess so far, especially if the next release is a 4. Please for the love of god let it not be Legion. Him as a 4 and Yelena as a 5 would really make me angry. 
    And it happened. 

I’m the most disappointed than ever and I’m leaving this game. 

Don’t freaking disrespect Legion like this and put someone stupid like Yelena as a 5 just because she’s in some stupid movie that no one can even watch yet. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe later on down the line they'll release a 5* Legion (Age of Apocalypse) or (Classic).

I don't know, I'm very disappointed though. This is leaving a really bad taste. I know that * are based on rarity and not comic power levels, but come on, this is LEGION we're talking about.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

It's a bit of a long shot, but she did get an updated costume a while back:

I feel like this is the best guess so far, especially if the next release is a 4. Please for the love of god let it not be Legion. Him as a 4 and Yelena as a 5 would really make me angry. 
    And it happened. 

I’m the most disappointed than ever and I’m leaving this game. 

Don’t freaking disrespect Legion like this and put someone stupid like Yelena as a 5 just because she’s in some stupid movie that no one can even watch yet. 
    I’m sure Legion appreciates your sacrifice. 
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anon said:
    Maybe later on down the line they'll release a 5* Legion (Age of Apocalypse) or (Classic).

I don't know, I'm very disappointed though. This is leaving a really bad taste. I know that * are based on rarity and not comic power levels, but come on, this is LEGION we're talking about.
    Just a reality check to all you guys that are CORRECT and think that legion should be a 5*: Devs don't care.

The best chars in the game are okoye and kitty... Okoye is nothing and kitty is a second tier hero. Nothing to do here... 

Ps: still waiting for the new 3* Franklin Richards :smile:
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Anon said:

Just a reality check to all you guys that are CORRECT and think that legion should be a 5*: Devs don't care.

The best chars in the game are okoye and kitty... Okoye is nothing and kitty is a second tier hero. Nothing to do here... 

Ps: still waiting for the new 3* Franklin Richards :smile:
    Kitty is a second tier hero? The same Kitty Pryde who when introduced boosted the X-men's sales through the roof because the teenage readership finally had somebody their age to relate to? The film's may have given her short thrift but Kitty is a far more first tier hero than Legion ever was - his major deal was killing his own Dad by accident! Legion is a bit like Blade and Star-Lord- a third tier character that got lucky via a movie/TV show.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought, by now, everyone should be aware that the tier a character belongs to in a comic/movie/tv shows doesn't correlate to the tier in MPQ. Yet, people are still getting pissed off.  :o

Incredible!  
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I thought, by now, everyone should be aware that the tier a character belongs to in a comic/movie/tv shows doesn't correlate to the tier in MPQ. Yet, people are still getting pissed off.  :o

Incredible!  

Whilst this is mostly true I do think the Devs save 5* treatment for certain characters - i.e. we were never going to get anything less than a 5* Apocalypse. Other things just come down to what they are promoting hence why we have 5* Okoye and 5* Yelena. Of course, the characters who became popular through the MCU were often not A- Listers to begin with and outside that context were never popular. Rocket & Groot especially were barely D list characters - I loved Rocket from the 80's and his limited series where he fights evil clowns but if you had asked me whether he would ever appear as a major part in a Marvel movie I would have laughed.