Marvel Puzzle Quest R204 Release Notes (6/8/20)

Options

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have to say, this is the first time in quite some time that I have seen a clue that genuinely seems to have everyone stumped.

I applaud the devs for this one. I’m excited to see if anyone actually gets it right
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Gwen Stefani, presumably.

I thought she wasn't a holla back girl? So the opposite of Gwen Stefani?
    She might not be a hollaback girl, but maybe a Haller back girl...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't Gwen Stefani a singer?  :open_mouth:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could be some sort of Missy Elliot/ Get your freak on reference too I suppose. 

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Missy Elliot and Gwen Stefani take a lot of inspiration from Japanese culture. Who's a Japanese character? 

Lady deathstrike? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Green Stefani sounds more like a DC heroine to me. Her magic power ring allows her to fly around and defeat the evil that is bananas. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    axmoss said:
    Missy Elliot and Gwen Stefani take a lot of inspiration from Japanese culture. Who's a Japanese character? 

Lady deathstrike? 
    Or maybe it’s just a 5* Spider Gwen . Players would go nuts though .
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    axmoss said:

Lady deathstrike? 

Not already in game? Armor, Surge, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai and Synfire if ya ask for biggest one. I checked - did not found anything non-X-Men related.

Also, guessing from expierence, we will get to know tomorrow from new PVE sneak-peak of rewards. In around less than 22 hours.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    axmoss said:

Lady deathstrike? 

Not already in game? Armor, Surge, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai and Synfire if ya ask for biggest one. I checked - did not found anything non-X-Men related.

Also, guessing from expierence, we will get to know tomorrow from new PVE sneak-peak of rewards. In around less than 22 hours.
    You're jumping the gun by a week.

This Thursday we'll get Onslaught's CP store (if we get a boss event, it would award tokens to that store). The next new character release should be the week after that, June 18th.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R204 is up on the App Store and Google Play.

I like the new "Click on 'Equipped' functionality, where you can see all the characters you can equip the Support to.  Very nice.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Copied from Sneak Peek.
    Alliance member got it.
    David Haller. With a Massachusetts accent, David Hallah. David Holla.
    Legion.
    So, is he going to have a “choose a color” power like his father, a “most prevalent color” like Lockjaw, or something else to give us a Swiss-army-mutant? And will Shadow King cause his allies some trouble?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Sneak Peek? It's not updated yet?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    You're jumping the gun by a week.

Oh right, I got carried by the fact they usually update sneak peak until new character events. You are right.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    R204 is up on the App Store and Google Play.

I like the new "Click on 'Equipped' functionality, where you can see all the characters you can equip the Support to.  Very nice.
    This does show the hero / villain disparity quite easily as I can equip a support to 96 heroes but 16 villains
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I saw this post here before his post there. That explains the comment.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Copied from Sneak Peek.
    Alliance member got it.
    David Haller. With a Massachusetts accent, David Hallah. David Holla.
    Legion.
    So, is he going to have a “choose a color” power like his father, a “most prevalent color” like Lockjaw, or something else to give us a Swiss-army-mutant? And will Shadow King cause his allies some trouble?
    Not sure if this is a joke or not, but I really want Legion to be a super powerful 5*. Hell, this is the best time to put him in so we can have all Latest Legends be Mutants!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Speaking of Support updates, what do we have to do to get the three missing supports (Widow's Batons, Kra-Van, and... the Pocket Radio?) included in the next store when the contents rotate?
    Just out of interest.. as I was getting another Beginner Support token from The Hunt’s vault.. what are the chances of getting the ones we’re missing anyway? I’m only missing Kra-Van and the stones.

I’ve been hoarding the tokens and I’ve opened about 20 whenever Atlantis or Yaro Root were in the stores (I know, so obvious.. right?) and all I’ve got were duplicates (one of them was an upgrade, 1 star higher, but no extra perks, I think..).

I want my Kra-Van.. :lol:
    It's a bit hard to guess what the odds would be.  As it is, they haven't put the missing Supports into a pool or had them available to pull in any way for a year. 

If they did put them into a store, would it be 1:48 to get a specific one?  In theory, 3 pools of 16 are not much different than 3 pools of 15, so would they modify the pools to contain 16 Supports and then you would be at 1:16?

Maybe they are considering a different distribution system?  Although whatever they come up with will almost certainly contain massive tradeoffs if they somehow allowed for targeting Supports; I suppose they could design a different method of improving them or something.  They were designed as a long project of very difficult to attain items (and obviously can take a long time to finish leveling up).  Even when they set up Support Circuit and supposedly made them more available we ended up, really, in a slightly worse position in terms of being able to level them up (pull higher ranks, and not dupes).

I am not sure if Kra-Van is considered a "Limited" Support by the devs, which might be why we have 3 pools of 15 instead of 3 pools of 16.  (They didn't want to have to continually adjust the pools, when they didn't intend to do anything with Supports for a very long time, as we have seen over the past year they only started touching them again in the past couple months and left them alone for about 9 months or so.)
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Kree homeworld is Hala which is pronounced the same as I'm reading Holla. So, Mar-Vell or Ronan the Accuser? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This one it will be a 4* for sure
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Heard Legion as well a few days ago. Was also really surprised and disappointed he’d be a 4*. He’s one of the most powerful mutants. Maybe he’ll be the first 6* :smiley: