Marvel Puzzle Quest R204 Release Notes (6/8/20)

Options

Comments

• Me929
    Me929 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am going with a four star Kamala Khan, coming out of Outlawed.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    “Holla!”

Maybe it's Marrow? she has things growing out of her BACK, and is also a GIRL.

Marrow  Marvel vs Capcom Wiki  Fandom

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jamesh said:

It's a bit of a long shot, but she did get an updated costume a while back:

I feel like this is the best guess so far, especially if the next release is a 4. Please for the love of god let it not be Legion. Him as a 4 and Yelena as a 5 would really make me angry. 
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We take pride in celebrating YOU!

If this isn't part of a clue... then this misguided attempt to reference Pride Month feels a little tone-deaf. #JustSayin
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

It's a bit of a long shot, but she did get an updated costume a while back:

I feel like this is the best guess so far, especially if the next release is a 4. Please for the love of god let it not be Legion. Him as a 4 and Yelena as a 5 would really make me angry. 
    Ditto.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options

If this isn't part of a clue... then this misguided attempt to reference Pride Month feels a little tone-deaf. #JustSayin
    Maybe it’s a 4* Kitty PRIDE 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options

Maybe it’s a 4* Kitty PRIDE 
    Whoah careful with that deja vu, you nearly had my eye out.

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It might be Cannonball.
    He’s from Kentucky and some areas out there are referred to as hollers, or hollows. 

Also it seems about time to have another New Mutant.  With maybe Mirage or Sunspot being added in August when the movie comes out.  Plus I really think they would make Legion a 5*.

also does anyone know what Alaska had to do with Hellcat?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It might be Cannonball.
    He’s from Kentucky and some areas out there are referred to as hollers, or hollows. 

Also it seems about time to have another New Mutant.  With maybe Mirage or Sunspot being added in August when the movie comes out.  Plus I really think they would make Legion a 5*.

also does anyone know what Alaska had to do with Hellcat?
    During the civil war comic events every US state had a superhero assigned to them from the pro registration side. Hellcat was assigned to Alaska.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    During the civil war comic events every US state had a superhero assigned to them from the pro registration side. Hellcat was assigned to Alaska.

Ahhh, I see.  Thanks!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems there was a stealth change for those who like to.....look ahead.......in the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game now freezes cascades that will occur after you down the last enemy. 
  • Michael1957
    Options
    I was wondering when this would happen when so many people complained how many seconds are wasted playing the game because of this . It’s like continuing to beat someone after you knocked them unconscious 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was wondering when this would happen when so many people complained how many seconds are wasted playing the game because of this . It’s like continuing to beat someone after you knocked them unconscious 

Well it might depend on who the someone was...
  • Michael1957
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Almost everyone who no longer enjoys the game but plays only because they’ve put years into it already . How do you know if you’re one of these people ?  A.  You’ve turned off battle graphics because they waste your time 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Almost everyone who no longer enjoys the game but plays only because they’ve put years into it already . How do you know if you’re one of these people ?  A.  You’ve turned off battle graphics because they waste your time 

You might have misconstrued my lame joke here but that's OK!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

If you are a player who enjoys the game competitively, you absolutely must turn off the animations.

Hopping in PVP is something that needs to be done as quickly as possible, and sitting watching animations wastes precious time.

Same in PVE if you are trying to quickly clear nodes.  I often barely finish my grind before the time runs out (which is the basic goal if you want a high score).

Your way of enjoying the game is presumably a more casual approach, which is fine and I am glad you are enjoying it.

The devs set up the scoring systems to incentivize speed and hence turning off animations gives you a competitive edge over someone who does not.  Being competitive is not the same as not enjoying the game, not by a long shot.  It's just a different way of enjoying it than you do.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I turned off the animation in PvEs due to competitive purpose. I turn them (including sound) on only in the following game modes: Shield Simulator, first half of PvPs, non-timed events like Introducing... and the revised Shield Training. I find it lifeless to play all game modes without sound and animation.  :D
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I turned off the animation in PvEs due to competitive purpose. I turn them (including sound) on only in the following game modes: Shield Simulator, first half of PvPs, non-timed events like Introducing... and the revised Shield Training. I find it lifeless to play all game modes without sound and animation.  :D
    What about DDQ? Just curious. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's off for DDQ because DDQ doesn't have much challenge for me. I do turn it on for 1v1 sometimes.