Marvel Puzzle Quest R204 Release Notes (6/8/20)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Gwen Stefani, presumably.

I thought she wasn't a holla back girl? So the opposite of Gwen Stefani?
    Fairly certain the opposite is Courtney Love...

Holey Moley, now THAT would break the game...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of Support updates, what do we have to do to get the three missing supports (Widow's Batons, Kra-Van, and... the Pocket Radio?) included in the next store when the contents rotate?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In spanish hola is hi! 
    Holla! His traduction is he is leaving footprints.
    That is the little big difference with that L.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Speaking of Support updates, what do we have to do to get the three missing supports (Widow's Batons, Kra-Van, and... the Pocket Radio?) included in the next store when the contents rotate?
    I have a feeling that something is going to happen for supports soon.  They spent some resources to update the UI of the supports screen and my hope is that they are moving towards expanding/improving them.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    In spanish hola is hi! 
    Holla! His traduction is he is leaving footprints.
    That is the little big difference with that L.
    Batroc the Leaper?

Gorgon (the Inhuman)?
  • Bad
    bluewolf said:
    Batroc the Leaper?

Gorgon (the Inhuman)?
    But batroc is french and gorgon not spanish too. 
    Could it be a fail hola? Lol
  • DAZ0273
    Footprints make me think of Big Foot and the nearest Marvel has to that is Sasquatch?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Holla is not spanish and has its origin from French (just googled), who else is possible?
  • DAZ0273
    Well that puts it back towards sounding like Batroc then.
  • Bad
    Since Holla is not spanish and has its origin from French (just googled), who else is possible?
    That was really interesting. Its totally uncertain the origin of spanish hola. Some texts say its from french allo, hola. Others german hallo. Others greek ulo(Im healthy). Others english hello. 
    And the right answer is that is unknow. It could be for all those influences.
    Now this clue should be explained forward.
  • fitfestus
    fitfestus Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    What about Yo-Yo from agents of shield.  She runs really fast and is Latino, I believe
  • DAZ0273
    fitfestus said:
    What about Yo-Yo from agents of shield.  She runs really fast and is Latino, I believe

If the barrel scraping is going that low can we not get some Great Lakes Avengers first? Big Bertha and Doorman feel sad.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

What if it's some weird reference to Gwen Stefani in No Doubt?
  • Bad
    And my googling continues. On english its not sure either from where comes hello. There is hallo, hullo, hollo too.
    And then I found the obsolete form holla!, meaning stop.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    And my googling continues. On english its not sure either from where comes hello. There is hallo, hullo, hollo too.
    And then I found the obsolete form holla!, meaning stop.

Stop. Wait...Stop Sign. Stop sign has 8 sides...Stop me if you've heard this one before...
  • Bad
    My guess is someone talking arcaic and obsolete. It could be an asgardian. It could be heimdall.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holla! is generally american slang, derived from Holler! To "holla" at someone can have a range of meanings, from simply reaching out for a conversation "I'll holla at you later" to flirting "Hey girl, let me holla at you real quick." Who is the biggest flirt in the Marvel Universe? I guess Gambit? 4* Gambit incoming maybe?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holla! is generally american slang, derived from Holler! To "holla" at someone can have a range of meanings, from simply reaching out for a conversation "I'll holla at you later" to flirting "Hey girl, let me holla at you real quick." Who is the biggest flirt in the Marvel Universe? I guess Gambit? 4* Gambit incoming maybe?
    Starfox? Hercules?  They also come to mind.

Gambit has been relegated to "Trash Tier 4-ever".  Doesn't make sense to launch a variant.
  • DAZ0273
    I think Marvel might be wary of Starfox given the nature of his powers, there was some blowback on that guy in the past.

Hercules would be great but what a weird clue, so just can't see it to be honest.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Gwen Stefani was the first think to jump into my mind too. Hollaback Girl.  Diamondback?  Her relationship with Captain America might make her prominent enough?