Revised Event: Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got close, ready to drop the whales and win and then a cascade killed Deadpool and now I have no more health packs. Will let them regen but this is not overly fun.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Rod5 said:
    bluewolf said:
    In case people haven't noticed, these node are just the exact same nodes they used in ST scaled up.

This Day 2 5E node used to require the 3 essential 4s.

Tomorrow it'll be Thing, Mordo and 4SL scaled to like L600 or whatever.
    Begs the question - what is day 4?
    We just don't know yet. All we know is it's a wave node (first post).

I think it will probably have a high level 3*Captain Marvel triggering Energy Absorption or 2* Storm doing Raging Tempest.. :lol:
    The first post says there will be loaner characters available for that final node.  It will be interesting to see whether those loaners have any chance of completing the node.  At least it won't cost any health packs to try.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone's most hated character works too. Just saying. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    And who is that? <edit> Oh Bishop... duh.  
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally!!! I brought Red/Yellow +2 AP as well as all coloured +2 AP. Was then lucky enough to get a 5-star match right away, and able to fire off kitty's red next turn, and yellow turn after that. That got some strikes out from OML, and they fired their team-up quickly as well so I got attacks from kitty's red. Was able to deny blue and green enough that Riri went down, my special tile stayed long enough that they kept getting boosted and Mockingbird went down quickly. Then it was just the goon.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you very much. Killed it with clergy  :)
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The other strategy worth thinking about is taking out the Decoy 1st as he generates a load of green AP for Riri and black for himself - 2 AP per turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Valkyrie works too well. I think she is the best that I have tried. No ap boost and no support used. You don't need to worry about opponent gaining red ap.

I have won five times with Valkyrie (5/5/3) and a useless OML. If you want to speed up the fight, load up on +3 yellow ap. A low champion level Valkyrie is an advantage here.

Edit: 
    List of characters that I used to win:
    Eddie Brock
    C&D
    Bishop
    America Chavez
    Valkyrie

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I got through using 5* strange with a lv 200 vibranium ore.  Make sure you have good supports equipped, especially if your Logan is useless like mine.

Crimson bands riri and hit red AP to slow Mockingbird.  I ended up using an MBW team up as well.  Patsy boosting Logan's strikes and the shield from supports saved the day.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I got close, ready to drop the whales and win and then a cascade killed Deadpool and now I have no more health packs. Will let them regen but this is not overly fun.
    You should ask your alliance for 3DP teamups and just bring one of those. Run someone who can live long enough to get 14 TU AP. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did it with my lvl255 OML and 278 Bishop.  Loaded up on color boosts and got Hellcat powers to work as quick as possible and stun as much as possible.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you make an event that caters for all playing levels, then it surely there will be rewards that only the strongest rosters can access. In the same way that small rosters don’t get CL10 rewards. Otherwise you make one for different CLs and it’s basically just another PvE event.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sadly I was correct. They decided to lock 4* rewards behind a required 5*. 4* rosters will max out at 50 shards for the event. This is 50 more shards than I would have if they hadn’t brought back ST, but it’s 350 less than I might have been able to get with the old ST.

I understand that new 4* covers and shards are no longer as difficult to get as they were before, but I don’t understand why that fact should preclude me from at least having a chance at obtaining the other 150 shards and the vault token. They could have loaned out OML 3/3/3 day 2 and 1/1/1 day 3, so I could have at least tried the nodes without any realistic chance of winning outside of extreme luck or whale points. (And just to be clear, if they ever run this for a 5* release, I would not expect any 5* loaner on any day.)

Anyways, day 1 was great. The sandbox mode is great.  However, the design decisions regarding progression reward structure and especially locking the bulk of the rewards behind a required 5* really sucked most of my enjoyment out of this event. 
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wow, that last node is some grade A bull carp!  Even with Cloak bringing Riri down to level 1 she still mowed through my team like nothing,

This wasn't even remotely close to fair.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    You should ask your alliance for 3DP teamups and just bring one of those. Run someone who can live long enough to get 14 TU AP. 
    My Alliance is probably incapable of this but hey, I shall give it a try. Beyond that - this is ridiculous and why bother?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Used oml lvl 340 and Lvl 333 Peggy with loaner hellcat.  Kill decoy first, then mbird...

Oh and get hellcat's repeater out fast...