Revised Event: Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Venom, he got destroyed. Will try America Chavez, not confident anything will change...
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Today's 5 star node is a special kind of hell.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Nothing changed. Riri just uses her cheap green to destroy me. Oh well...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lets hope they rethink this for next time.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I completed it using a a lvl 420 Iceman stun riri and take her out first
  • Loosie
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nothing changed. Riri just uses her cheap green to destroy me. Oh well...
    Which is sped up by the goon feeding her.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, should try that, I have a level 454 Iceman  ;)
  • Loosie
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Seriously, whose idea was it to lock a new 4 star behind a classic 5 star????????

Dumbest decision ive seen in a while. 
    I understand how you feel. But, I think even if they use one of the Latests instead, there would be people wondering about it. OML is one of the oldest, so more of the older players have had more chance to get his covers.

If we accept the purpose of the last column of the event is to show how the 4* work with a 5*:
    Who do you think would be an appropriate 5* to showcase here? I think they wanted to show Patsy's special tile boosting ability. It could be better than Kitty's because there's no cap to the amount of special tiles and repeater tiles.

It's a different discussion, if you're having a problem with requiring any 5* for the event altogether. I guess it's just the current state of the game.

Why do you think it's dumb? Your feedback could help the developers to adjust the event. It's a new event, so it would get adjusted if they feel it's necessary, just like how SHIELD Training was adjusted.
    The other issue is this is going to lock 2 more nodes for folks that can't get by this node. So depending on how the points are distributed it's possible going to prevent people from getting both a token and 100 shards.

In PvE events not having the required 5* (or not having a strong enough to fully clear that node) still does not prevent you from achieving full progression, you just had to make sure you did a full grind on the other nodes.

Although seeing as how we went from 485 goons yesterday to 530 Riri/Mockingbird/Decoy today I fuly excpet day four to be something heinous like 640 Worthy/Hawkeye/Bishop (or Peggy, or Coulson)
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Used BRB as a third. Nearly lost but didn’t. He isn’t champed but at 3/3/3. 

Just get as many shields out as you can and get Hellcat to buff them. Focus Riri first. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I took out the feeder goon first , if you take out one of the other 2 heroes first , the second is already loaded up and just keeps Up a hammer and stun cycle 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Giving that a go but Bill got exploded and mine is  4/5/4. Still. Try again.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah...that didn't work.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Ah well. 200 shards, it is hardly worth the effort, eh? I will try until no more health packs then, who cares. Lol!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    In case people haven't noticed, these node are just the exact same nodes they used in ST scaled up.

This Day 2 5E node used to require the 3 essential 4s.

Tomorrow it'll be Thing, Mordo and 4SL scaled to like L600 or whatever.
    Begs the question - what is day 4?
  • Loosie
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    In case people haven't noticed, these node are just the exact same nodes they used in ST scaled up.

This Day 2 5E node used to require the 3 essential 4s.

Tomorrow it'll be Thing, Mordo and 4SL scaled to like L600 or whatever.
    I knew this one seemed familiar, but the scale up makes each of the damaging powers pretty much a nuke now when they fire, while in ST I could withstand a couple of remote gauntlet firings, that's not the case now.

Mockingbirds red was already bad, which is why I used to go for her first, but now I think it has to be Riri first. If she fires off her blue it's pretty much game over.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed with my level 315 Wolverine and level 266 Deadpool plus a bunch of whale points and health packs trying to gather enough purple.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.