***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Don't let Bishop get you down, just knock his **** out!

That will probably work just fine in pick-3.  though it will likely cost 1-2 health packs each match 'cos I don't think worthy or HE will survive even a moderate length match with IH.  But using an HE/worthy engine to get the red won't work in pick-2 except when worthy is featured. so maybe 4* red battery + rulk to generate red against bishop?  The trick is collecting that 7 red ap without actually matching red/black/green (since IH will proc bishop with his massive match damage).  4* cyclops' blue would work. and several 3*s would also work (cyc, im40), but they won't last long with IH. 

But in any event thank you for the video!  This content is great!
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Sorry, this may have been asked, but not reading through all 8 pages of posts.  I am assuming he deals the revival ally damage to invisible allies as well?  

I imagine Vulture and 5* CM might not be a bad pair?  Send them airborne turn before he dies.  Or does he even deal team damage to airborne characters, I would bet not?
    i tried this with vulture and he was airborne, hulk would come back to life and vulture didnt take any damage when i would launch his red. it was just a repeating step. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @Thanos

Things I was excited by:

- The frequency with which the green door procs. Could be nice with Okoye.

- Daredevil more or less keeping up with the team damage (struggles a bit when kitty eats his tiles though). 

- Hulk getting hit with like a 5-turn Iceman stun, dying that turn then coming back unstunned. 

- Hulk/DD taking out two BRB/Kitty/Carnage team with little problems (once with Doom, once with Ock). 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just fought somebody with a 451 IHulk in simulator with Okoye and Jessica Jones on their team. I beat them using Okoye/iceman/half thor (3/0/2), but only Okoye came out the other side.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is that a super Whale? His CP store is not even out yet. 

167 / 40 * 13 * 12, 000HP = 660, 000 HP needed.

660,000 / 20, 000 HP = 33 Starks or $3,300

How many red power did your team eat?

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another 5* designed to chip away life from his team and force players to wait healing or buy health packs (another Sinister move in less than 3 months). 

True healer partners won't work because if the concentrate on chasing points to heal the will be easier to beat. 

At least anyone using kitty, worthy, 50% thor and the other traditional meta team will run out of health packs around the 4th battle. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Come off it, they have let the okoye thor thing stay alive for years. I have over 1000 health packs due to that meta, if buying health packs was really a concern they would have crushed that team years ago.

If they really wanted you to buy health packs they would have made ihulk absolute meta. It isn’t and you may use it to leave a team out as a scarecrow. People seriously over rate how much they care about people buying health packs.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @Thanos

Things I was excited by:

- Daredevil more or less keeping up with the team damage (struggles a bit when kitty eats his tiles though). 

- Hulk getting hit with like a 5-turn Iceman stun, dying that turn then coming back unstunned. 

- Hulk/DD taking out two BRB/Kitty/Carnage team with little problems (once with Doom, once with Ock). 
    You missed one that was also important.  When fighting Thanos if Hulk goes down and comes back to life he does not trigger court death.  When seeing how often Hulk can die I thought Thanos might be a counter doing extra passive AOE but Hulk won’t trigger gger court Death the way Banner does.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Soo... he is meta on defense and thanks to vulture the number one in ofense. Not bad.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options

I only ate red once, most damage actually came from The Green Door + WF, or bad JJ cascades. He died and came back one time. 

Keep in mind once you have a 1/1/1, you can brute force your way there with CP as well, so there is no guarantee they did it strictly via HP. There had to be at least one cover in reserve to get past 450 though. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options

I only ate red once, most damage actually came from The Green Door + WF, or bad JJ cascades. He died and came back one time. 

Keep in mind once you have a 1/1/1, you can brute force your way there with CP as well, so there is no guarantee they did it strictly via HP. There had to be at least one cover in reserve to get past 450 though. 
    Certainly you just came across someone with a hacked/sandboxed account. 

I actually think Thanos is going to find some play against iHulk teams. You'll need to have a teammate that can down Hulk at the right time, and your efforts are aided by Hulk hurting himself the entire time to get there. 
    Thanos, Doom, and a 3rd will work nicely. It shouldn't be too difficult to have your black ready to pop Hulk for 22K damage before he can take himself out, just try your best to not let him KO himself.
    OR, work on one of Hulk's allies to KO if the math works out more favorably. Court death at the right time will take Hulk down to little health, and then you down him to trigger court death again quickly.

Your 3rd should probably be a red user to make that AP useful when denying it from Hulk. Few 5* red users have a good heal except Okoye & OML. And... your own iHulk does! 
    Outside of that, good old Panthos will love iHulk teams.  We'll see I guess.
  • wymtime
    Options
    RickOShay said:

Certainly you just came across someone with a hacked/sandboxed account. 

I actually think Thanos is going to find some play against iHulk teams. You'll need to have a teammate that can down Hulk at the right time, and your efforts are aided by Hulk hurting himself the entire time to get there. 
    Thanos, Doom, and a 3rd will work nicely. It shouldn't be too difficult to have your black ready to pop Hulk for 22K damage before he can take himself out, just try your best to not let him KO himself.
    OR, work on one of Hulk's allies to KO if the math works out more favorably. Court death at the right time will take Hulk down to little health, and then you down him to trigger court death again quickly.

Your 3rd should probably be a red user to make that AP useful when denying it from Hulk. Few 5* red users have a good heal except Okoye & OML. And... your own iHulk does! 
    Outside of that, good old Panthos will love iHulk teams.  We'll see I guess.
    If you watch Thanos video again he goes up against a Thanos team and court Death did not trigger when Hulk went down.  Now Thanos can be a good pair with IHulk since Hulk will not die and can kill someone fast.  I think Ihulk Thanos will make a good shield hopping team.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Come off it, they have let the okoye thor thing stay alive for years. I have over 1000 health packs due to that meta, if buying health packs was really a concern they would have crushed that team years ago.

If they really wanted you to buy health packs they would have made ihulk absolute meta. It isn’t and you may use it to leave a team out as a scarecrow. People seriously over rate how much they care about people buying health packs.
    Having 1000 health packs puts you in the 1% of the player base, better try to put yourself in the shoes of the common player who has only 10 health packs to play. 

Game devs are sneaky and will not risk another community outrage taking down the game rating making a health pack eater, 5* carnage was a test as this hulk also. I bet we will get similar characters in the future.

The game in the last year has strongly oriented to take away free resources and offer all sorts of pay to win option to increase expenditure. A few take the bait, most not.

Time will tell. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Tony_Foot said:

Having 1000 health packs puts you in the 1% of the player base, better try to put yourself in the shoes of the common player who has only 10 health packs to play. 

Game devs are sneaky and will not risk another community outrage taking down the game rating making a health pack eater, 5* carnage was a test as this hulk also. I bet we will get similar characters in the future.

The game in the last year has strongly oriented to take away free resources and offer all sorts of pay to win option to increase expenditure. A few take the bait, most not.

Time will tell. 
    There are ways to mitigate health pack use, if that is your primary concern.

1. Make limited use of the character: Don't use the character for your initial PvP climb. Instead rely on less health pack exhaustive teams like Okoye/Thor. Use Hulk primarily for the final stage of your climb and shield hops. You can also use to "punch above your weight" and hit higher level teams although that will certainly cost you health packs. 

2. Pair him with healers or revenants. This will be very roster dependent but if your Hulk isn't leveled too high and you have relatively comparable healers like Daredevil, Okoye or OML or revenant characters like Loki and Phoenix, you shouldn't use up more health packs than reasonable. Additionally, you may want to consider using the loaner designated character for the event, especially if you plan to climb with Hulk as it will save you health packs.

3. Pair with your highest health characters. How effective this strategy is will largely depend on how high level your Hulk is and how good the other character your pairing him with but I can definitely see a Beta Ray Bill/Hulk combo being a particularly nasty fight. And Hulk/Thanos will also be a strong pairing. 

The new Hulk looks like he will bring another layer of depth and strategy to the 5* tier. I also should point out self-damage/team damage is nothing new: in the 2* tier, there is Ares Sunder, in the 3* tier Sentry's  Supernova, in the 4* Iron Man's Overdrive, Kate Bishop's Looking for Trouble and Maria Hill's Best of Intentions. And of course, in the 5* tier Thanos' Court Death and OML's Reluctant Hero. 

Part of what makes this game interesting is finding a strategy that works best for you. If health packs are something you factor into your play style, then utilizing such characters when it only suits your needs is the best approach. There are many good characters in the game; you don't have to use the same ones all the time unless your playing competitively. And even then, I don't think that is particularly true to PvP but that's a different conversation.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Tony_Foot said:

Time will tell. 
    Having 1000 health packs may put you in the top 1%, but who is going to have immortal hulk covered and champed to be able to use shortly after his release? The 1%

The common player won't have IH usable for months or even years, so if making people spend on health packs was their goal it doesn't really make sense to use a 5 star that the people who need health packs won't be able to use any time soon. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That's a big price to pay for impatience. Spending 7200 CP just to pump into iHulk.  :o

I wonder why healthpack is a concern. I play PvPs to at least 1000 and I don't stock up healthpacks. Healthpacks regenerate every 36 minutes and I find it difficult to finish using them at the end of each day. I have 10 everytime I wake up unless the excess came from somewhere. The only probable reason why one would use up so many healthpacks is because they play a lot of PvPs every day, or they Thanos too much during PvEs. 

I think Howard the Duck will be the MVP against iHulk.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Thanks @Thanos

Things I was excited by:

You missed one that was also important.  When fighting Thanos if Hulk goes down and comes back to life he does not trigger court death.  When seeing how often Hulk can die I thought Thanos might be a counter doing extra passive AOE but Hulk won’t trigger gger court Death the way Banner does.
    Hulk wasn’t triggering it because he was killing himself. If you kill him he should trigger Court Death. Or are you saying even when he is KOed by the opponent, court death doesn’t proc, If so I’m guessing it’s one of many bugs that will pop up with “never die” here. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Tony_Foot said:

Is that so? Well, bad news. They did it. 
    Beware devs! Dont try to release new characters without the righteous approval of the Holy Sacred Community Posting!
    I think to taking down the game rating for not liking a released character is the most pathetic naive and high self steem action a player can do. And is directly against the game who is supposed to be playing and loving, or others do.
    Now there is this inmortal hulk. A lot of people we will like it and try to champ him. Others dont. Well, then if you dont want it dont take it. Dot. 
    But please dont start that drama community outrage. And we all will be happy.
  • wymtime
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Thanks @Thanos

Things I was excited by:

Hulk wasn’t triggering it because he was killing himself. If you kill him he should trigger Court Death. Or are you saying even when he is KOed by the opponent, court death doesn’t proc, If so I’m guessing it’s one of many bugs that will pop up with “never die” here. 
    I watched the video with DD and Doc Ock and it was his self damage that killed him and Court Death did not trigger.  I still think this is an important interaction.  It will be interesting to see if when a power of move hits IHulk if he triggers court death.

i have always assumed even on self damage if a character goes down it triggers court death 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Self damage that leads to oneself being downed doesn't trigger court death. I saw it happen many times when fighting against Daken. 

Besides, it specifically mentioned that you (the player) need to down an enemy.