***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    9 battles into hulk pvp, 7 health packs used. Very Sinister indeed. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This PVP would be more tolerable if the loaner iHulk was not boosted to level 368.  Wish they left him unboosted at level 255.

I've had enough of this ****.  11 wins to 10 CP and I'm done.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BRB and Kitty have made this event a cake walk so far.  Just fire BRB blue and/or kitty red and let enemy hulks green door flood the board with shield/attack tiles every turn. 
    This is my team, haven't needed a health pack yet but last fight Kitty and Bill took a bit of a battering but are still alive. This PvP seems like a fun chance to throw teams at the wall and see who dies or not!
  • DAZ0273
    edited March 2020
    Options
    11 fights in and the death toll stands at Mordo, 4* Luke Cage (don't ask), Vulture and Nightcrawler. Bill is in intensive care and Black Panther lost a knee cap. Now there are some maniacs out there with Thanos and I am intrigued to see what sort of spectacular chaos that would mean if I take my own along...back in a jiffy...

Edit - Freddie Mercury, Cloak & Dagger dead...this list is going to grow...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Ouch.   
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think Thano5 Infinite Power is also stopping tile conversion to green which alters the battle dynamics 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    11 fights in and the death toll stands at Mordo, 4* Luke Cage (don't ask), Vulture and Nightcrawler. Bill is in intensive care and Black Panther lost a knee cap. Now there are some maniacs out there with Thanos and I am intrigued to see what sort of spectacular chaos that would mean if I take my own along...back in a jiffy...

Edit - Freddie Mercury, Cloak & Dagger dead...this list is going to grow...
    Since you are going with 4* have you tried X-23?  If you are using the loaner she might tank some colors?  Also XFDP has som good True healing as well.  I am surprised C&D died.  Flipping them usually does some good true healing
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    X-23 won't work because she needs to be the one making the match and iHulk tanks two of her colours.

C&D probably got downed because he can't keep with the AoE and ally damage.

I see a number of Gritty and R4G with GotG. I can imagine the AoE might help to end the match quicker so that your iHulk won't die.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yea I didn’t know if IHulk would tank for C-23 at this level.  I will probably stick to my 5*.  Although I am tempted to use XFDP with Okoye for a couple of matches to see if it will work.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah the only team to last a few fights was BRB & Kitty and even they eventually got hit down. The boosted 4* can survive a fight, maybe two thanks to their health also but mostly end up wrecked. Nightcrawler's wow dodge works but he is too squishy unboosted. C&D did last past one fight but couldn't heal enough next time.

I have plenty more 4* to go through though! Even my unleveled OML got wrecked first fight, makes me wonder how old pre-Nerf Logan would cope though, probably OK.

And thanks for the X-23 recommendation wymtime, I was thinking about her but as Hound says I don't think she would be able to keep up the heal.

I am kind of enjoying this though!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Kitty is down. I have decided as this is all just chaos that I am actually not going to use any healthpacks whatsoever and so if you are down you are out until you revive and heal! Might as well make use of the roster, eh? 😁 See if I can make 1000...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Elektra was a good idea but she was too slow with her black, might have worked on a kinder board though.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, Nightcrawler is the one that interests me.  If he just stays airborne, IHulk will just keep reviving and getting stronger. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, just fought IHulk with Nightcrawler.  IHulk revived EIGHT times and was doing 1415 match damage on green.  

You have to avoid using your own AOE attacks so that Nightcrawler spends minimal time in the air. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ihulk/ Okoye / XFDP is just carnage. Chase TU and watch as everyone (literally everyone) is trampled willy-nillly. Madness. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thor & Doom any good with / against iHulk?   
    Save yellow for Doom to heal Thor at the right time so he's not  much above 50%, and that burst health gives you a damage cushion on Thor and helps keep your own Hulk from dying as often. 
    Sounds like it would also keep green and red under control from what others have stated previously. 

Also, I wonder if Hela will find some fun here. I mean, you need to down iHulk for her tile buff to happen, so it won't trigger on his self inflicted demise. But still, he's helping you reduce his own health the whole time. 
    Time things right, and you could have more KO's in one match than usual.

Eventually once people have Hulk champed, Sinister's black will help against him if enemy Okoye is increasing that green passive over 7K.
    With just 6 black AP, Sinister will greatly reduce the enemy team AoE and create 6x traps. Add those to his Behold traps and you have a chance at 27K damage on each Behold trap match (by either team).

Other thoughts: Sinister's black already mitigates enemy BRB's green if you have 8x black AP.  
    Quake's passive yellow reduces enemy aoe damage as well, but hard to use her if it's not her buff week.
    Gwenpool's black as a TU to bring along, sends your entire team airborne & creates some decent strength protect tiles. Helps you avoid team damage or a big red shot from enemy Hulk (if he fires it with no targets available).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I've played 6 battles and I just saw him 2 times reviving. My strong characters dont leave him to play. Overall I think is a great character really interesting and strategical. And I will need to study if champing him or stoping his develop at some point.
    So complex he is.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When he’s champed and matching more colours you will see him die a lot and it will be worth it.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    When he’s champed and matching more colours you will see him die a lot and it will be worth it.
    I really love this hulk. But he scares too. If I would had black spider or loki 5 then no problem. But being not the case I would have to rely on flying or invisible 4*.
    Well I will have time to think, still Im halfway of champing sinister lol
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Worth it for who?  Demi/d3?