***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options

i have hulk at 300, with 5/2/5.
    not sure how high I want to take him, okoye is parked @370.
    the plan was to keep okoye in front with red and black until hulk dies and starts tanking but after playing my first few rounds i probably level him higher.

still looking for a third partner. i like vulture, my Loki is not really high enough and Phoenix is even lower

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Has anyone use Hulk with Sinister much ?

I know they're both new and not many have both. Was curious how good Sinisters black damage reduction paired with IH once the team damage ramps up.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sinister blocks damage from only enemy.

Has champed iHulk improved anyone's QOL in PvE SCL 10?

• ammenell
    edited April 2020
    Options

don't like sinister and hulk - i got a board with 10 green basic tiles, but traps all over the place, including 4 green. but those green are no longer basic tiles, so hulks green only sees 6 basic green and doesn't proc...

going to abandon hulk and okoye and brute force my way through with his red and black, let's see how that goes...

edit:
    my hulk is level 300, 525 build, im playing scl9.
    sinister boosted with 30k+ hp and 3*rocket and groot cancel the self damage pretty good. now I try how often I can kill hulk in a single match, this is fun!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Simple opponents like goons? I can't remember how it feels like to play SCL 10.

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So far, the only reliable partner for iHulk I cound find was a perpetually airborne Vulture.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So far, the only reliable partner for iHulk I cound find was a perpetually airborne Vulture.

What about Daredevil? He seemed to shine in the videos Thanos posted. Really looking forward to that pairing and they seem like a PVP nightmare as Matt is already hard to take down with the healing, then Hulk can’t be taken down until you kill DD. 
  • MadScientist
    Options
    The problem occurrs when Hulk goes down, revives and damages everyone, and DD moves to the front. When the enemy has some nuke lined up, DD goes down before he can heal back up.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What about Daredevil? He seemed to shine in the videos Thanos posted. Really looking forward to that pairing and they seem like a PVP nightmare as Matt is already hard to take down with the healing, then Hulk can’t be taken down until you kill DD. 
    I think DD doesn't shine so much as cope best of the available options.  I don't think we have ever seen self damage in the scale of IH. His baseline 450 damage is like thanos when thanos is boosted to 560. And it is a positive feedback loop, where the more he dies, the more he tanks, and the more self/team damage he does.  I am very curious to see what happens when he becomes rostered more widely. Should be another 4-8 weeks or so.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was targeting the loaners on purpose to get an unblocksble AOE; not sure I’ll do the same against champs though
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @ThaRoadWarrior Not a bad idea. Just target iHulk until he owns his whole team. It’s quite a substantial AOE to your own team. 

Aside from that, I currently have 451 iHulk which I am totally stoked about, but, this event where he is boosted is truly taxing on the health packs. SCL10 nodes compile health pools in the 200k or higher. He blasts my team away before the enemies do. Reckless would be a soft word to use.

I’ll get my clears, but I thought I might point that out.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yeah I leveled my IHulk to 300 and then realized I probably shouldn’t have. I can get him to 375 but haven’t bumped him up yet. If Okoye tanks red/black over him when he’s boosted I’ll likely keep Hulk parked at 300 until he’s champed or out of latests. If I find he’s already tanking those colors, then I’d might as well level him up. 
  • Glockoma
    Options
    Vulture has been semi reliable and I have been using Rogue as a meat shield 3rd as she is likely to get smoked by his AOE once the revive cascade begins.

I have also used 5* Captain Marvel with surprisingly good results, although to a lesser degree. 

Any other outside of the box partners would be welcome!
  • ammenell
    Options
    hulk tanks black, so vulture is an option I really like. 
    another one is 3*grocket, but I'm only using him because he is boosted.

like vulture and grocket, loki is only semi reliable... 
  • MadScientist
    Options
    I just did the fifth clear of the 5E node in DPvsMPQ in CL10 using iHulk, Vulture, and 5* Captain Marvel. The good captain used her yellow once before she died (which was a great help!) and the rest of the time iHulk died and returned and died and returned while Vulture was circling around. I think at the end he must have taken at least 1 million damage from all the enemy powers (basically every nuke from this team does 100k+ damage).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I was seeing one player fielding an unchamped, but good enough iHulk/DD5 (highly champed, not sure the level)/Okoye team in Simulator last night in simulator, and that team was pretty gnarly for me. I'm not sure why I was getting fed to such a highly champed DD5 player, but I wasn't able to win. Hulk was bad news lol.
  • Glockoma
    Options
    I just did the fifth clear of the 5E node in DPvsMPQ in CL10 using iHulk, Vulture, and 5* Captain Marvel. The good captain used her yellow once before she died (which was a great help!) and the rest of the time iHulk died and returned and died and returned while Vulture was circling around. I think at the end he must have taken at least 1 million damage from all the enemy powers (basically every nuke from this team does 100k+ damage).
    This is by far the most reliable team I have found in PVE. Once Hulk isn’t boosted, it will be easier to keep the set alive and in the air. I have chances of +2 and +3 yellow AP supports (Avengers tower and Korg) affixed to Marvel and Hulk, respectively. Just need to put the rISO into Korg for them to both have ~50% chance to spawn at the start of the battle. 

Vulture, I have affixed the Tinkerer support to spawn a strike tile per Vulture power fired. I’m trying to exploit Marvel’s passive, (+2 yellow per friendly strike tile destroyed), given the insane amount of green you can generate with this bunch. It is, however, crucial that you hold off on sending these guys airborne until Hulk is about to get owned or own himself as generating more yellow gets pretty tight once he starts his process of reviving throughout the match. 

In my experience so far, Vulture makes  it out ~80-100% of the time and Marvel about 30-60%. 

@IceIX In terms of rebalancing, I wish Marvel was the 5* of Vulture’s build by generating AP in the air given that you can’t get her 2 other repeating powers to move if she is airborne, thus no strike tile generation or destruction, which is what her 2 other powers are predicated on. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aside from those who collect all characters or are big Hulk fans like myself, who is 5IH for exactly ?

Is he mainly a must have for PVE SCL 10 ?

Is he a must for pure havoc offensively and defensively in PVP ?

Some think he'll maybe be a new meta character, but with the self and team damage, doesn't seem like he's going to be used as regularly as other meta characters. More like used in extreme situations or as a mega scarecrow. 

I can do PVE SCL 9 but usually do 8 to shorten how long I need to play every day. Also I don't PVP often, with the change in PVP rewards I'm even less tempted to PVP anymore near future. 

Hulk is my favorite super hero so naturally I'd want him. However to spend so many resources to obtain him, with the self/team damage not sure how much I'd use him ultimately if I'm not pushing PVE SCL 10 or to climb super high in PVP ladders. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Maybe Agents if Shield’s final season will warrant a 5* Quake who can mitigate self harm damage?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Aside from those who collect all characters or are big Hulk fans like myself, who is 5IH for exactly ?

Is he mainly a must have for PVE SCL 10 ?

Is he a must for pure havoc offensively and defensively in PVP ?

Some think he'll maybe be a new meta character, but with the self and team damage, doesn't seem like he's going to be used as regularly as other meta characters. More like used in extreme situations or as a mega scarecrow. 

I can do PVE SCL 9 but usually do 8 to shorten how long I need to play every day. Also I don't PVP often, with the change in PVP rewards I'm even less tempted to PVP anymore near future. 

Hulk is my favorite super hero so naturally I'd want him. However to spend so many resources to obtain him, with the self/team damage not sure how much I'd use him ultimately if I'm not pushing PVE SCL 10 or to climb super high in PVP ladders. 
    If he has value, it will be for pvp, both on offense and defense. We are still a few weeks away from a critical mass of pvp players havering him champed, so I don't know if we can say how great his value is just yet. (Maybe more serious pvp'ers than me can comment based on the end of the season.)