***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Self damage that leads to oneself being downed doesn't trigger court death. I saw it happen many times when fighting against Daken. 

Besides, it specifically mentioned that you (the player) need to down an enemy. 
    Thx,
    you would think since I have been playing for over 5 years and have all but 4 characters champed I would understand the mechanics of the game.  Maybe I should try this reading thing you speak of.  Might come in handy in real life not just games 😜🤪
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Self damage that leads to oneself being downed doesn't trigger court death. I saw it happen many times when fighting against Daken. 

Thx,
    you would think since I have been playing for over 5 years and have all but 4 characters champed I would understand the mechanics of the game.  Maybe I should try this reading thing you speak of.  Might come in handy in real life not just games 😜🤪
    There has never been transparency in this issue from demi, but self damage has always been a separate category.  That's why it never accounts for friendly protect tiles (or enemy strike tiles), and doesn't proc passive proc-on-down abilities.

This is also why maria Hill's cd is so bizzare.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    If you go to Help → Gameplay Tips → What types of tiles are there? You will see the following explanations:

Protect tiles - Reduces all damage dealt by opposing team.

Strike tiles - Increases all damage dealt to the opposing team made by the owning team.

I thought it's written clearly. Is there any deviation from the above, where it is not stated in the character's abilities?

• Vhailorx
    Options
    If you go to Help → Gameplay Tips → What types of tiles are there? You will see the following explanations:

Protect tiles - Reduces all damage dealt by opposing team.

Strike tiles - Increases all damage dealt to the opposing team made by the owning team.

I thought it's written clearly. Is there any deviation from the above, where it is not stated in the character's abilities?

I don't use the in-game guide often, so I definitely overlooked this info.  And it's certainly better than nothing.  But it also only indirectly states that damage sources are treated differently, and there isn't another section discussing damage sources in detail.  I still think there is a transparency gap on some of the more intricate details of the game (which are admittedly not always easy to explain concisely).
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:

Thx,
    There has never been transparency in this issue from demi, but self damage has always been a separate category.  That's why it never accounts for friendly protect tiles (or enemy strike tiles), and doesn't proc passive proc-on-down abilities.

This is also why maria Hill's cd is so bizzare.
    I tried turning Immortal Hulk invisible and it didn't prevent him from his single target self-damage. Maria Hill seems more and more like an exception that ties to her CD tile. 

I'm not sure what I think of him. He's really annoying right now and kill the other team members really quickly :-/ 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They should've called him Troll Hulk. What a colossal annoyance for such little effort.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Why is this character in the game ? 

Also, PLEASE give us back alliance events or something else that will promote future 5* characters, because this Immortal Hulk PVP event does the opposite of promoting. It makes us to hate the character.

**Mod note: removed profanity. -fight4thedream
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it triggered CD, I imagine you’d get into an Instant Win Thanos Loop. I think it’s specifically excluded.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    This PVP is a bloodbath, I love it lol. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah love it too, cannot wait to champ this pain in the backside. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I’ve been running Profe$$or-X and Nightcrawler, and using enemy loaner hulk as a free AOE. NC dodges incoming green door, and Professor X makes enemy hulk red cost more. Getting a decent mix of single champ 5* defense wins since I haven’t run two 5s yet to change my defense squad.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    BRB and Kitty have made this event a cake walk so far.  Just fire BRB blue and/or kitty red and let enemy hulks green door flood the board with shield/attack tiles every turn. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    His PvP is exciting. Everything goes down fast and I've already played over 30 matches.  :o
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think Howard the Duck will be the MVP against iHulk.
    How do you figure? That Green Door passive AoE will hit invisible enemies. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Because he's the Master of Quack-Fu and he's going to destroy all the green tiles on the board. But, In the end, he's going to be smashed into a pile of feathers because iHulk keeps coming back to life.  :/

BriMan2222's team is the team to go for. That AoE triggers both BRB and Kitty  so much that your team ends up taking 1 damage as long as you can finish the match before your iHulk gets downed.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My question is:  🤔 If immortal Hulk had been erased when Thanos snapped his finger, would the Gauntlet’s power supersede his immortality ?  
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m finding that a fully operational Thanokoye is taking him out easily , although he is killed, he comes back stunned for a few rounds , the cycle repeats every 2 or 3 rounds and he eventually dies when he’s last man standing often without ever regaining consciousness. This makes his immortality kind of lame.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Fight4:

I get that you enjoy the game and think challenging content should be challenging, but your post is a little too "git gud, scrub!" For me.  Not all new additions to the game are good ones. We will have to see how IH shakes out.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Options
    [...]

BriMan2222's team is the team to go for. That AoE triggers both BRB and Kitty  so much that your team ends up taking 1 damage as long as you can finish the match before your iHulk gets downed.
    I’ve been fighting this team with BRB/Rescue. Quickly drags damage to -1 on both teams, but you can fill the board with red that enemy hulk will burn to suicide, doing unblockable self harm. Once kitty dies, it’s easy enough. Also you get the incidental heal from Rescue.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I can see how Rescue works against tile spammers but I rarely see her in shield simulator. I have faced off her against once and my board was a sea of red. Too bad most of the red aps went to her team.  B)  I like her blue power though. 

Even though enemy team is going to gain free blue and green ap from activating Rescue's blue, it's useless when it deals only 1 damage. The extra healing from Rescue is nice.

Is there anyone using DD/GED/OML with some success?

In 4* land, true healers don't work really well. Going aggressive works better than playing defensively.