***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I believe iHulk’s future is bright pending releases to come. Hopefully the pipeline of toons to come can really benefit him. He will definitely change the landscape of powers to come whether on defense or offense.
  • Glockoma
    edited April 2020
    Options
    It just came to me and I can’t believe I’m actually going to say this; Carolina dean might be the perfect 3rd wheel behind Vulture and iHulk...

She’s self generating for blue airborne power as well as being fueled by Vulture’s battery. God help me, but I think I’m going to have to champ her and find out.

edit: please feel free to criticize this and/or comment and/or save me from a waste ~350k iso. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I champed Karolina and teamed her up with Vulture during iHulk PvP. It didn't work out for me and it could be due to Karolina tanking some of the colours, or it could be due to taking opponent's iHulk pasdive damage or due to the other basic tile colours being changed to green; thus causing a drought in black or blue basic tiles. A champed iHulk and her might tell a different story because iHulk will tank all her colours, assuming yours is not high enough. 

• Glockoma
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My hulk (level 453) tanks all colors for Vulture (level 319). I suspect the same to be true for Karolina except for Yellow. This is aside from the issue. All you need is for someone to stay perpetually out of the way while Hulk does his thing. Blue and Black matches are the priority, and red of course.

edit: Karolina @ 270 Yellow match: 84

Hulk @ 453 Yellow match: 94
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Vulture needs to be somewhere around 348 before he will tank blue over Hulk, and for Karolina to tank yellow, she needs to be 293. You still have a long way to go, which is a blessing in disguise because you are merely using them to generate aps and avoid damage.

Playing against iHulk might have clouded my judgement of her because she was taking all the AoE.

It seems like she might be a better choice than C5rol. The tricky part is making sure that she can stays airborn for more than 1 turn.
  • Glockoma
    Options
    Vulture needs to be somewhere around 348 before he will tank blue over Hulk, and for Karolina to tank yellow, she needs to be 293. You still have a long way to go, which is a blessing in disguise because you are merely using them to generate aps and avoid damage.

Playing against iHulk might have clouded my judgement of her because she was taking all the AoE.

It seems like she might be a better choice than C5rol. The tricky part is making sure that she can stays airborn for more than 1 turn.
    It is tricky, indeed. Tried my experiment in Yelena PVP, but I feel I was trying to be too clever rather than keeping things practical. 

Perhaps as these characters are boosted or when others start champing their own we can get a solid partner rolling. 

Don’t get me wrong; He is great. But as you take on teams like BRB/Kitty, you realize he and xxx(insert partner), just don’t have the balancing act down quite as much. 

It is quite fun to listen to hulk hit the ground repeatedly though throughout the match. Lol
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Part of the fun in this game, for me, is to hypothesise, test and refine teams to deal with different opponents. I think it's normal that sometimes ideas don't work out the way you expect. The experiences gained after winning or losing matches help to improve the go-to team for certain opponents. 

Also, it's not easy to find a one-size fits all team that can deal with all kind of opponents. In the past, Thorokoye could so.  Usually, I'll look for two teammates that synegise with each other well, and the third member is a wildcard to deal with specific situations.

I like iHulk a lot and I will focus on this guy next. He could be life-changing even for 4-star players, with the right teammates for them.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I kind of feel like they will release a 5 that compliments IH very well. I mean then self and team damage seems a bit overturned to me. Considering as we're seeing he has no real good options as go to partners. You would think they'd have another character planned that would pair well with him.

That could just be wishful thinking however, we've seen quite a million few other characters released with no sensible partners, guess we'll see. If they do release a character down the road near future that's great with IH, a lot of us might kick ourselves for passing on him.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Aside from those who collect all characters or are big Hulk fans like myself, who is 5IH for exactly ?

Is he mainly a must have for PVE SCL 10 ?

Is he a must for pure havoc offensively and defensively in PVP ?

Some think he'll maybe be a new meta character, but with the self and team damage, doesn't seem like he's going to be used as regularly as other meta characters. More like used in extreme situations or as a mega scarecrow. 

I can do PVE SCL 9 but usually do 8 to shorten how long I need to play every day. Also I don't PVP often, with the change in PVP rewards I'm even less tempted to PVP anymore near future. 

Hulk is my favorite super hero so naturally I'd want him. However to spend so many resources to obtain him, with the self/team damage not sure how much I'd use him ultimately if I'm not pushing PVE SCL 10 or to climb super high in PVP ladders. 
    1. PVP defense. He’ll be a nightmare to face as his red is an uber cheap mega nuke, his green is unavoidable, and even though you want to take him out first you can’t. He‘ll pair with a ton of folks to make annoying meta teams. He’ll net you a ton of skips I’m sure when paired with the right people. 

2. PVP offense. Again he’s super fast with one of the better passive damage dealing abilities and arguably the best nuke in the game. Paired with people who can slow the bleeding, he’ll be okay for climbs; and of course because  people might think twice about hitting you he could be good for final pushes as well. 

3. PVE offense. I don’t know if Hulkoye is faster than Thorkoye/Ice. All I know is that in the CL10 5E, my level 300 Okoye-fueled green door melted the opposition faster than I have ever done in the past. So there may be some really great utility there depending on what other options you have currently. 

4. The future. As mentioned, it’s possible he becomes part of a future meta if another “must kill last” character comes out who is scarier than Loki or Phoenix.

Those seem to be good enough reasons for me. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For PVE, i think he'll be the 5* version of Juggernaut if you can keep him from tanking anything. I just have 1 on black right now, so I have probably the least useful token cover lol.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned his extremely long revive timer?  2.5 hours.  Seems like another subtle way in which he will be a big healthpack sink.
  • iHulk2013
    iHulk2013 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

I am so disappointed after I play with a champed iHulk for a week.

Each time a champed iHulk return from dead, he get back 17869 health but damage ally by 7291. This is the major problem that we cannot find a good partner.  

Each dead you gain in total ally health pool by only 3,287(= 17869 - 7291x2(=14,582)) If iHulk dead again within 5 match by himself (3287/637=5.16), your total health pool will gone faster than enemy team. The immortal action is negative (-ve health pool skill) in general.  

iHulk max. match damage is 827x3x(1+378%)=11,860 damage. Assume in 5* land and even you can have such max. damage at very beginning, you still need about 5 x 3 = 15 moves to kill enemy team by match. That means your team will subject to enemy’s powers (and matches), iHulk will dead more quickly/frequently out of you planned.

i.e. iHulk should fast enough to get enough red AP to punch or to fire out passive green AoE from lucky board with some green tiles. Or, Vulture get enough dark AP to fly and hope that when he land, iHulk is not “self-damage dead” (by passive, add a green tile, but in a position matched) (my Vulture dead many time when he just land).

To keep champed iHulk moving, you need strong partners with full health over 50,000+ to go with him. Airbone (or alkie) partners is by luck to keep stand there. So, you need many health packs for his partners.  And, as mentioned above iHulk need an extremely long revive timer of 2.5 hours so you need health pack for him to keep running in case you loss the game.

But I do think he is good at defensive purpose, you must kill him at last, while he may damage your whole team or give you great punch. In my experience, I have over 20% win in defensive (Thokoye-Hulkoye or Hulkoye-BRB, all at round Lv450).

I would like to conclude the following:

(1) A champed iHulk can only win a game by LUCKY board (say only over 60%) with many health packs need.

(2) He is a good at defensive right now.

And I think, it is not possible to find good partners in a very near future (by pass experience D3go run the game). Should DEV create asap a character preventing damage from a ally to all ally?

• HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I think there are quite a number of suggestions like Daredevil, OML, Captain Marvel, Vulture, Okoye, Phoenix, Loki etc. Fundamentally, it involves someone who can true heal, team heal or someone who can go airborne.

Every character has its own strengths and weaknesses to "balance" things out. 
    Hulk's red can down most max champed 4*, or cut a 5* hp by about 60% with 7ap. Besides, his passive AoE have been very useful even at low cover.  Without these drawbacks, you will have peope calling for his nerf in the future.

How do you define "a game"?

• Glockoma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    5* IM46 and 4* Jessica drew Spiderwoman both negate the self damage for 12ap and 9ap respectively. You have to keep the cd tiles alive, however. I will gladly keep trying to find some more teammates if anyone has anymore ideas.

edit: I’ve been having a lot of success with Doom and Okoye now that iHulk isn’t buffed and dealing out 17k aoe on respawn. They help each other out on the ap steal and okoye’s yellow generation. So far only used one health pack in Fight for Wakanda sub 2. And that was just because I reached max healthpacks and I like to keep the timer going to maximize output.

this might be the most reliable team...outside of other true healers perhaps. I don’t have Daredevil or OML maxed for testing.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I tested 4* Spiderwoman with 3* Thanos and it did not reduce or negate his ally damage. I'm more curious about IM46. 
  • Glockoma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Tested IM46-he works. But man it is quite a pricey skill.

Edit: Tested Spiderwoman with cloak and dagger and iHulk. Works as intended. Negates 70% damage. Not a bad team so far.

Also, tried out 4* Elektra. Successfully negated damage. All expensive so far and had to use C&D as a battery.

If I had a useable Black Panther, he might be interesting.

Finally, adding Rogue as a third is a great way to buy time for one of the partners to get going. This is for pick-3 on obviously, but I have won many defenses with that setup.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to take out an Okoye (452)/iHulk (451) team in the Mother of Invention (shuri) pvp using BRB/Bishop. I lost bishop relatively early, but once BRB gets enough protects in play it trivializes Green door down to a few points of damage. I just kept focusing fire on hulk until he slayed the rest of his team for me. It was a pretty bloody match though - hulk is definitely not to be taken lightly
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It may have been said in this thread already, but I just saw that the self-damage part in his red power doesn't trigger when you use it to finish a match. Might be useful to know if you hadn't realized it yet.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve just pulled IHulk green cover and that literally cut my game playing time by 15 minutes in PvE using Hulkoye . 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’ve just pulled IHulk green cover and that literally cut my game playing time by 15 minutes in PvE using Hulkoye . 
    EXACTLY!!  My IHulk is 1-green cover, and I’m seriously considering never adding a black cover.  Partner him with Okoye and he just boost-team-damages over and over. It’s like Okoye-Medusa but dealing team damage.  Immediately jumped to the top of my PVE teams.  Hard nodes, easy nodes, that dou just slays them all.