**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok I didnt opine of hill. Just I want all of you notice that if you have a hill champed and wait until 12 black AP you will have 10 strike tiles 300 in one turn. Dont you think that situation make stop jokes for more than a second?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    12 black AP you will have 10 strike tiles 300 in one turn. 
    Lets round 262 down for quick maths.....
    2500 extra dam is respectable enough
    3000 is not actual mileage
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    purplemur said:
    Bad said:
    12 black AP you will have 10 strike tiles 300 in one turn. 
    Lets round 262 down for quick maths.....
    2500 extra dam is respectable enough
    3000 is not actual mileage
    Whatever It could be... Certain characters can do insane damage with all that.
    Limited to pve? Lets see. In any case is not a power to be laughing for being bad.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody else let the friendly CD count down to 0 to see what happens, and have it kill the enemy Maria in Hill to Spy On? I can’t tell if it was some sort of coincidence; it happened on a seed match.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's been fun in the Marial Hill PVP letting the enemy Hill fire off her black and then commit suicide.  With Sabertooth boosted, even the strike tiles from that power are useful.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maria's pvp will be the most fun since Sentry's!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    himatako said:
    She's out already, right? Can anyone confirm that her Invisibility tile protects her from her black CD tile's self-damage? 

If 4* Kingpin's black were the same, she would have paired well with him. 12 Black AP for damage + strike tiles + safely remove her CD. With him now, it's 14 black AP for 7,661 single-target damage + strike tiles. Maybe with Domino or Cloak & Dagger as a 3rd it might work. 

Another way to make her useful is to add a character with a passive power like "whenever an ally is down..." so that her black CD tile will make this happen faster.

Her Invisibility power does not create an Invisibility tile. Therefore she is invisible for a specific number of turns. This makes her invulnerable to any direct damage including her self-damage CD (besides AoE).
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    playing her, and she sucks.  Maybe when she's champed, but as a low-level loaner she's brutal. If anyone is dumb enough to leave her out on defense (after this PVP), they'll be hit down to zero in minutes.  
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    himatako said:
    She's out already, right? Can anyone confirm that her Invisibility tile protects her from her black CD tile's self-damage? 

If 4* Kingpin's black were the same, she would have paired well with him. 12 Black AP for damage + strike tiles + safely remove her CD. With him now, it's 14 black AP for 7,661 single-target damage + strike tiles. Maybe with Domino or Cloak & Dagger as a 3rd it might work. 

Another way to make her useful is to add a character with a passive power like "whenever an ally is down..." so that her black CD tile will make this happen faster.

Her Invisibility power does not create an Invisibility tile. Therefore she is invisible for a specific number of turns. This makes her invulnerable to any direct damage including her self-damage CD (besides AoE).

The rockett did try that with Kate Bishop, using Wasp or IW power that turns an ally invisible without placing an Invisibility tile that targets them, and this doesn't protect Kate from her self-damage CD.
    So......somebody on Line and I did as well tested Kate Bishop’s Looking for trouble where she was invisible with Wasp/IW....and guess what it did when the timer went off..... she took damage.  You might want to confirm that this is a true statement that Hill will not take damage because what is currently in game does not validate your statement.  @IceIX

Either they modified the effect of Invisible state or Maria's invisible state is an exception. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope they release Hydro-Man next so we can wash away all the bits of Maria scattered around my pvp landscape...
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Her black sounds funny.

Funny also that SHIELD Training is DOA for a SHIELD Operative.

Sad we see things like Support acquisition, Gwenpools Event and Shield training go away as being „evaluated“ but it never gets addressed.
    Maybe, to try to get players to spend more money. Have you noticed that shopping offers now appear MUCH more often?
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    lvsmr2 said:
    Note: I am pulling out of my VIP service when it expires. I will no longer be buying anything from the store as I myself am "RE-EVALUATING" the way the devs are taking away resources from us. 
    Said everything! I fully agree and believe that others should do the same.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, Hill is just not fun to use.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    I feel the urge to re-evaluate my rating for the app.
    That's for sure what I'm going to do. Well, they almost never put a character that players ask for. They put on this ridiculous character and with even more ridiculous powers and still not satisfied, they remove an event that everyone likes. Total game decline.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    I saw, on facebook and on some blogs, many players asking for Omega Red. Why don't they do it?
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    marshall said:
    One of the few things that helped build excitement over new character releases. Even if it was repetitive, it helped promote the character, gave us a different cycle at least.

Also, re: Hill, seriously with black power?! Take 10k+ damage for an extra 1k match damage that will be half gone by the time she gets the fallout.

I mean, it's in character, but maybe a bit too useless?
    She will be in contention for the worst character created, along with BagMan
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Here's what I don't understand...

We have specific complaints about an ASPECT of Wakanda, Support Circuit, and SHIELD Training- then they go scorched-earth and remove them completely, never to be heard from again.

Threads upon threads exist complaining about Bishop, and not so much as a tweak.  While you are Spring-cleaning and throwing out all our old things, can't you take him too?

Sarcasm aside, I agree with everyone else that this is yet another resource-nab on the part of the developers.   Replace BH with lower drop rate shards, remove HP and CP from champ rewards, remove Gwen Prix and Support Circuit from the game, remove HP and CP from progression rewards, and push out an accelerated 5* release pattern where people have to play twice long in CL10 to make less progress than they were before.

You all are seriously killing your own game.  I don't know how else to say it.

Gosh! You said everything! Congratulations !!!

In fact, just forgot to say that, in cl10, you have to beat teams that are practically impossible to win, only more advanced players who can beat you. Full appeal.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    I believe that a large majority are disappointed with the latest developments in the game. I hope you will learn a lesson from a flood of criticism. I hope you start putting characters we are asking for and stop so much repetition. If I continue like this, I can only withdraw from the game.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Kletvar said:
    @IceIX

Tell the game designer and the developers to buy a compass because they are lost.

I was playing online games for 11 years and i haven't seen a studio trying so hard to kill it's own game, and then, in October 2018 i started playing MPQ. EVERY patch/release notes since April 2019 is pushing the game to it's grave. 
    It's normal to think that after so much ranting from the playerbase about bad patches the game studio and it's crew will learn from their mistakes because you are smart guys with PhDs, but as it was shown numerous times before greed > intelligence.

I'll stick around until Hill's events finish so i can get few shards and covers for her and then i'll probably leave the game until you fix the game and start listening to your playerbase (which i doubt will happen).
    Said everything! Congratulations! I think we should all do the same.
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've finally seen the light! If the glut of 4* characters is made exponentially worse by suicidal heroes with terrible powers that nobody cares about & resource events that just need tweaking are taken away, no-one will notice that resource sucking new heroes are coming out faster than friggin updates. Proof positive that devs can be terrible at their jobs & remain employed. The weather forecasters of the virtual world...