**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read my four-year-old daughter the character descriptions for every character, and she pointed out that Maria Hill's is very similar to Black Cat's:

"With reflexes every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one agent you don't want on your case!"

and

"With claws every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one cat whose path you should never cross!"

Maybe she can get a job writing the descriptions.  

In their defense, Hill is like the 205th(?) character meaning there are that many profiles and 600 odd power descriptions to come up with.

It'd be surprising if they weren't repeating themselves, it's a time honored tradition in comics.  Who is Spidey's villain of the month? Scorpion again?  Cool.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it should read:

"When SHIELD needed a sacrificial pawn to put their plan into action, they said to Maria you are the agent we want on this case!"
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RickOShay said:

Also, how often do you see general posts about how hard it is to keep an un-fortified CD safe for 4 turns? Lol

Obviously you have never tried to rely on Kitty to get rid of a Mindless Green CD.  She seems to auto target everything but that one and then BOOM, down goes my team.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I read my four-year-old daughter the character descriptions for every character, and she pointed out that Maria Hill's is very similar to Black Cat's:

"With reflexes every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one agent you don't want on your case!"

and

"With claws every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one cat whose path you should never cross!"

Maybe she can get a job writing the descriptions.  

In their defense, Hill is like the 205th(?) character meaning there are that many profiles and 600 odd power descriptions to come up with.

It'd be surprising if they weren't repeating themselves, it's a time honored tradition in comics.  Who is Spidey's villain of the month? Scorpion again?  Cool.

Well to be fair not all of that was about lack of ideas or mindless recycling and I am sure that is true with the prose used in MPQ. Roy Thomas for example agitated against creating new material during his time in charge at Marvel because he resented the Company owning his creations and he getting nothing at all. However that trend was reversed during Jim Shooter's time in charge with his "Character Participation" plan which actually paid royalties to creators for new characters selling at certain amounts. I assume that plan exists until this day. So there are always ways to come up with new things, it just depends on what your mindset is. Some people are fine having Scorpion appear for the 26th time whilst others are always trying to invent Venom.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, simply far less effective at special tile placement than Rocket & Groot wasn't enough?  You needed to make her commit suicide in the process?   

Wow.

Looking forward to the next Wolverine variant.

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sherbatsky looks lame. 
    and suicidal. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She is totally a teammate for BigPun! And since they just buffed him when they corrected that weird 1/2/1/4/5 power......
    Domino looks like a good buddy, you will be putting out a bunch of strikes to replace those lost to cascades, but can we get confirmation @IceIX the color of the CD? If her strikes are on random, does that apply to her CD? If it was black like the power it would be waaaay better and the extra black tile% from Domino would be a pretty consistent removal even by AI.
    To go with her PDX flavor she can always slum it with LumberCap, when shes had too much and falls off her barstool he will stand her up again she would snap back “I’m not a Soldier, I am a Marine!”
    She may be weak, she may be diluted but She just may be the blue black Ive been looking for to pair with 4orch =quick and cheap, ramps the strikes!

I think it’s too bad jump in front doesn’t apply; imagine the shenanigans:
    Maria CD triggers so Iceman puts out his yellow
    Bishop steps in front and eats the damage, smacks the enemy and gains blue AP >:)
    carol/worthy- puts out strikes-cd resolves for the buff, damage stacks, cap steps in puts out his CD-then he resolves his turn buffing all the strikes again
    I think if we are going to allow cheap and dirty then open it up and let everyone be a part of the mayhem. More synergy, more broken combos!
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I swear, if this character was announced/released two weeks later, I would have simply assumed the description was an April Fool’s prank.

I’m honestly trying to wrap my head around any benefit she brings. *shrug*
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I swear, if this character was announced/released two weeks later, I would have simply assumed the description was an April Fool’s prank.

I’m honestly trying to wrap my head around any benefit she brings. *shrug*
    Not having to care during an event or two? Honestly, that's what the duds are to me, now. They're a little mini-vacation.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perfect partner for Talos and Emma. New meta incoming.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like she'll partner up well with Coul-hawk for more CD shenanigans!

Also, if you happen to be running a perk that fortifies friendly tiles, kiss Maria goodbye every time!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have not cared less about a new 4* since Talos.  She is basically useless (to me) and will only get her for the essentials.  Wow is she bad.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    She's out already, right? Can anyone confirm that her Invisibility tile protects her from her black CD tile's self-damage? 

If 4* Kingpin's black were the same, she would have paired well with him. 12 Black AP for damage + strike tiles + safely remove her CD. With him now, it's 14 black AP for 7,661 single-target damage + strike tiles. Maybe with Domino or Cloak & Dagger as a 3rd it might work. 

Another way to make her useful is to add a character with a passive power like "whenever an ally is down..." so that her black CD tile will make this happen faster.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    himatako said:
    She's out already, right? Can anyone confirm that her Invisibility tile protects her from her black CD tile's self-damage? 

If 4* Kingpin's black were the same, she would have paired well with him. 12 Black AP for damage + strike tiles + safely remove her CD. With him now, it's 14 black AP for 7,661 single-target damage + strike tiles. Maybe with Domino or Cloak & Dagger as a 3rd it might work. 

Another way to make her useful is to add a character with a passive power like "whenever an ally is down..." so that her black CD tile will make this happen faster.
    3* Spider-Man’s yellow does around twice as much damage if an ally is down. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is the countdown she creates a friendly or enemy one?

If it’s an enemy one, you might at least be able to take it off the board with another character like kitty or vulture or whoever

As for friendly? There are still some characters who could help get rid of the tile, but it doesn’t stop it from being an insanely crippling (at best case/self instakill if you have already taken more than 10% damage) drawback
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Northstar could get rid of that tile for you
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Northstar could get rid of that tile for you
    I mean.. you’re not wrong...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Northstar is also a great husband. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't see them Maria Hill and Friends vault.  Not like there is anything worth grabbing.