**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

Options

Comments

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    I am looking forward to seeing her on the enemy team with 4Carol on her side - 

Carol: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming! I'll help her along with 5 yellow AP to put her plan into effect even more efficiently!
    Maria: *Explodes*

Indeed... Other SHIELD compatriots.. 

Coulson: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming! I'll help her make it happen quicker! Let me just spend 2 Team-Up and...

Quake: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming!Technically, I'm suppose to be helping the Inhumans now, but I can still help. I'll just shake the ground a bit to make sure her tile can't be matched! 

Nick Fury: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? She must think she has some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming. She keeps leaving behind these cheap trap tiles and using up all the PINK AP. Shame really... I'll just use up all the BLUE AP and show her what real traps can do

Mister Sinister: What is this? Did the devs merely copy paste my AP color attributes and make a female trap making clone that I can toss into the line of fire? Behold!

Man, her SHEILD compatriots really do not like her at all.

For feedback, I will add that giving SHIELD Training the axe was not the answer any of us were looking for.  I think the easiest way to "fix" it would have been is what should have been done from the start:  Stop requiring NEW characters for the event.  There are literally dozens of 4-star characters that could be used, but we always have to have a brand new one.  I wouldn't have been surprised if the original plan for Maria Hill was for her SHIELD Training to require three Karnaks at level 209.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a feeling there'll be something else coming if the release schedule is really going to ramp like this. Too bad we can't know what it is, but I'm sure it'll show up at some point.

As for this character, i am really struggling to understand the self-harm on black. I'm extremely curious to see the Blog on this one to see what the point of that is supposed to be.

As for invis because CDs don't resolve when airborne, aside from the two characters (one of whom is...weeks old?) who have CDs that behave that way already, I guess that's on-brand implementation. Reminds of the dynamic UI thing for characters that wanted board dependent conditions but the power description didn't tell you what the current state was. dynamic UI was challenging, but Lockjaw had it and Nightcrawler initially didn't. Seems like just a case of somebody implementing a thing that didn't really know where all the bodies were buried.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
     But when i see moves like Maria's black, i cant help but think of all the things they havent tapped into yet.
    Well, to be fair, her Black is certainly an ability that hasn't been tapped yet.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Please don't get rid of SHIELD training. Just don't have a brand new character be required. (That's kind of absurd.)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Maybe they just REALLY wanted us to have a character with a CD we're willing to sacrifice to Kingp4ns black ability...  :)
    Too bad both abilities are black.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
     But when i see moves like Maria's black, i cant help but think of all the things they havent tapped into yet.
    Well, to be fair, her Black is certainly an ability that hasn't been tapped yet.
    Consider the recent MODOK release countdown mechanic:

(PASSIVE) Any time you fire a friendly power, Doomsday Plan Countdown tiles are reduced by 3 turns. Any time the enemy fires a power, Doomsday Plan Countdown tiles are increased by 1 turn.

They could have been more creative as opposed to having a more drastic Kate Bishop penalty
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Options
    That black really does feel like it's missing some key element. Like Emma's black - it's just...nothing. There's some climactic second stage to it that you would hope is there, but a bunch of whatever-sized strikes and insta-death are not super awesome.

This could have been the character that gets to mess with repeater length too...still waiting on that one. So many cool effects are hidden behind lengthy repeaters these days.
  • jb5357
    jb5357 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I have not read everything, but if you fire her power to be invisible when the CD goes off, will you avoid the self damage?

meaning you need to use both powers in conjunction?
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jb5357 said:
    So I have not read everything, but if you fire her power to be invisible when the CD goes off, will you avoid the self damage?

meaning you need to use both powers in conjunction?
    This is what Ice said. But being invisible has never prevented self damage. Not expecting it to with Hill either.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please don't get rid of SHIELD training. Just don't have a brand new character be required. (That's kind of absurd.)

Or just lower the level/covers required. It's not a hard fix. Which is why I doubt ST is going away due to feedback and more due to removing resources.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm sure her blue "Get Out Alive' invisibility power will state in-game that she will avoid the damage from her black when invisible (or airborne / non-targetable). 

We're getting pretty negative on Maria quite early. Her strike tiles are strong for a 4* at level 5. So you need to plan to play her blue soon after her black if you can't get that CD matched away (to avoid the absurdly high self damage). 
    So plan around this easily with a bit of timing. She's not the first character to have 2 powers that really make sense when played in succession (Red Hulk, 4* Thor, Iron Spidey, Ghost, Black Cat, 4orch, Namor, etc). Both of her abilities are cheap btw.

Also, how often do you see general posts about how hard it is to keep an un-fortified CD safe for 4 turns? Lol

All that said, her blue should do more team damage IMO. I realize it's intended to benefit greatly from her strike tiles.
    It would have been fair as well if her CD would have dealt damage when matched or destroyed. Wouldn't hurt to make this 4K to 5600+.

Her purple looks pretty good. Boost +2 purple AP prior to the match and after just two match-3's in purple you have some strong traps. Yeah traps aren't always safe, but play it when there is a ready-to-be-matched purple out there. You may even get 2 of the traps in there at once. 
    I realize Maria doesn't speed up PvE or disrupt any meta's. We don't always need this to happen, and certainly don't need the 'new broken' combo.

And hey, SHIELD Training didn't need to go away, dang!
    Changing it would have been fine, we'll hope to see a new version that is equally rewarding somehow. 
    I believe others mentioned the events we had when characters got a rework (Fury, Kingpin, etc). Those mini-events shouldn't be too hard to code in some sort of fairly assigned character restrictions, and we get new character shards at the end. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ST was just a boring mode rewarding vet players who had just the required 10 covers of 4* and the iso needed for them, plus whaling the new character for getting the token.It discriminated newer players and I never could complete it, so I will catch sleep after its loss.
    I hope they could release a new regular event more exciting and rewarding the same resources but this time for real effort.
    If they can achieve it I will be really happy with the change.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    The Strikes on black are between the conditional states of Rockets, but since they aren’t there passively are battle start I don’t see her taking his place in Pick 2 on Kitty teams. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    PuceMoose said:

Carol: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming! I'll help her along with 5 yellow AP to put her plan into effect even more efficiently!

Indeed... Other SHIELD compatriots.. 

Coulson: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming! I'll help her make it happen quicker! Let me just spend 2 Team-Up and...

Quake: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? I know, she must have some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming!Technically, I'm suppose to be helping the Inhumans now, but I can still help. I'll just shake the ground a bit to make sure her tile can't be matched! 

Nick Fury: Hmm, why is Maria screaming and running directly toward the enemy? She must think she has some kind of crafty scheme they'll never see coming. She keeps leaving behind these cheap trap tiles and using up all the PINK AP. Shame really... I'll just use up all the BLUE AP and show her what real traps can do

Mister Sinister: What is this? Did the devs merely copy paste my AP color attributes and make a female trap making clone that I can toss into the line of fire? Behold!

Actually, thinking about it a bit, Coulson's purple, Quake's blue, and Fury's yellow all provide some way to help get rid of that countdown. And Quake's green can just as easily move it out of a corner to somewhere matchable.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It’s too bad you just die if it goes off; would be cool if her being dead gave all specials a mega boost or something.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another thought about her black and the potential for self damage. 

We caused this. The Dev's obviously believe we love to play characters that take lots of damage in exchange for other positives during the match. 
    Hundreds of players in PvP and LR's have taught them that.... with mass play of Bishop. 

At least Maria's damage is going to be preventable quite often. Good luck preventing self damage when using Bishop, and the same with Worthy Cap.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think she could've been a better support rework of the game. Now that we have shards and the 3 star reworked rewards, it's time the devs rework how to attain higher level supports. 
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why make a power suicidal for a character this late in the game? Makes no sense.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PuceMoose said:

This forum needs a LOL button just for that comment. 

Same can be said for 5* Iceman.