**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does her black killing herself trigger Thanos' death trigger if Thanos was on your team?
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a weird new look for Deathlok.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are missing the point for a few months now. The actual game policy seems to be: take any means of getting resources an enjoyable way to increase frustration and expenditure. As another poster wrote: they are killing the game. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only bonuses i see from removing ST (and this is as silver lining as i can get)...

1.  No more rush to get 10 covers (lvl 209) for a newer character.

2.  Less time devoted to a "PvE" since it wont exist.

But if im being honest, i didnt mind that time sink... And it felt like a better payoff if we're going by a time spent vs reward scale.

Support Circuit is missed only due to having a way to get supports... But that time sink was massive for what i got, imo.  

I might actually miss ST eventually.  But for now, i'll just mentally chalk it up to less pressure for my roster and less time needed to play once in a while.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe SHIELD Training is going away because the 4* tier is soon going to be a thing of the past....

It's also convenient that there was a HP sale before the announcement of a non event. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So ummm wouldn't it have been easier just to have left shield training? I mean it's a bonus avenue to earn a character. Just don't put new 4 stars as the requirement.

I suspect the reason is the reverse: too many people are covering the latest 4* character without spending.  Requiring something other than the latest 4* character won't help with that.

I managed to finish Karnak's release events with 8 covers evenly distributed over his three abilities thanks to shards:

• 3 covers for top 10 placement in Honor Among Thieves (CL8)
    • 1 cover for progression in Hearts of Darkness (CL8)
    • 1 cover from SHIELD Training
    • 1 cover from progression in Karnak's PVP tournament (CL10)
    • 2 covers from shards in the PVE (CL8) and PVP (CL10) events

That's the best I've managed since Ghost's release.  When he's next a PVE essential (as he would be if required for SHIELD Training), I'll easily be able to hit 10 covers.  So there would be no incentive for me to open tokens chasing the new character.

It is true that not everyone can hit top 10, but I suspect the average number of extra covers people need to complete SHIELD Training is down across the board after the new rewards were rolled out.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m also suspicious the 4* tier is going to solidify. Of course, I was similarly suspicious back when Latest 12 went away.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m also suspicious the 4* tier is going to solidify. Of course, I was similarly suspicious back when Latest 12 went away.
    But, there was no cl10 at that point, far from it. A nice shiny new 6* might help with the ambiguous challenge node.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* is as dead as 3* tier was when ddq went live. With out without shield training, 4*s are easier to get now and 5* are coming out more often.  Democratizing the old end game is a sure sign that a new trophy/chase item is incoming.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Does her black killing herself trigger Thanos' death trigger if Thanos was on your team?
    Probably it won't.
    When one of the characters (i don't remember which one it was) in Iso-8 Brotherhood makes a suicide, Thanos' "Courth Death" doesn't trigger. Same goes when Konran kills his allies - Thanos does nothing again.
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    4* is as dead as 3* tier was when ddq went live.
    When DDQ went live in February 2015 with the chance to earn a daily 3-star cover, there were 34 three-stars and only 7 four-star characters in the game, according to my notes.  That means the 3-star tier was only 72% of the way to its current 47 characters - so if 4-stars are at the same point now, there's about 37 more to go.   >:) 

But I do get what you mean, there were 7 four-stars then and 41 five-stars now, so if you are an "endgame" player, well... how do you feel about 6-stars?

(Edited to split Shield Training comment into its own post.  Apologies if repeated edits cause multiple notifications.)
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    The best way to break the news that Shield Training is being pulled would be to announce that it is being replaced with a daily Crash of the Mad Titan / Bigger Enchilada / whatever that awards a four-star cover, and that newly released characters would be inserted into the reward cycle on the day of their release, so you could get a cover for them right away as with Shield Training.  But presumably the accountants would disapprove.
  • Me929
    Me929 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So to recap....and add to the rant...

1.Agents of SHIELD (on television) is ending.
    2. SHIELD no longer exists in the current comic world.
    3. SHIELD training is DOA. 

But let’s add Maria Hill.
    With a power that takes 90% of her health away. Cause.

What’s wrong with using the current slate of characters? I understand pulling people out from origins to celebrate the anniversary, but Maria Hill just isn’t relevant.

I miss Gwen Prix. Since the Gwen Stacy book is relatively new, can’t they relaunch it with that Gwen Stacy? Rebranding isn’t a bad thing. It’s not like there aren’t many other Gwens to choose.

As far as SHIELD training, I did enjoy it - even though I didn’t make it that far. My four stars were just getting to a competitive point. 

Due to the release schedule, the lack of decent characters, and where I am in building my roster, I would rather wait for newer characters and not pursue them aggressively. It is just not worth my time. And after just crossing the two year mark playing this game, it is starting to lose its luster for me. I am still playing daily and contribute fully in alliance events, but the incentive for daily play just isn’t what it used to be.

PS In my opinion, Misty Knight still would have been a better option than Maria Hill.