MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2020 (Updated 3/17/20)

Options

Comments

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone notice the classic hero for hire (God emperor doom) is set at 500cp instead of the traditional 250cp
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a thread about it
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice to get an update to the Sneak Peek before the weekend.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    So who we got boosted this week, fellow Community Managers?

D3, I take cash or Venmo. No personal checks, please. 
    I was all set to send you a check for 10 million iso, too.  Oh well!
    To go with the 6.3M I already have? Uh, gee... thanks? 😋
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    It would be nice to get an update to the Sneak Peek before the weekend.
    No need. Fellow forum member/Community Manger @DarthDeVo is on it!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks goodness someone has taken the responsibility on themselves to communicate. It’s just a shame that it had to be a forum member. 

I assume that all the representatives of the game: devs, community managers etc... have all lost their login details or been quarantined. That’s the only reasonable explanation I can see for the lack of even low level communication. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you to Community Manager @Southside84 for the events update.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I hope our new community managers are getting something more than praise for what they’re doing. 

Credit to
    @Southside84 and
    @DarthDeVo for their commitment to the cause, well done you two. And, of course, not forgetting everyone else who gives of their own time to keep the community updated on such matters. 

edit: formatting has gone all funny with the at symbols added. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Probably not necessary at this point, but for the (semi) record:

Sharp Dressed - Wolverine (Patch) Versus Event (3/12/20)
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Nebula - Green, Shards
    3-Star: Wolverine - Red, Shards
    2-Star: NA (I can only see rewards down to CL8)
    1-Star: NA

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Ghost Rider - Shards
    4-Star: Maria Hill - Purple, Shards
    3-Star: Loki - Green, Purple, Shards
    2-Star: NA

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Loki - Purple, Shards
    2-Star: NA

If a fellow community manager who can see the rewards for the lower CLs want to add the details for the 2* and 1* rewards, knock yourself out. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Thanks goodness someone has taken the responsibility on themselves to communicate. It’s just a shame that it had to be a forum member. 

I assume that all the representatives of the game: devs, community managers etc... have all lost their login details or been quarantined. That’s the only reasonable explanation I can see for the lack of even low level communication. 
    Thank goodness someone is giving us information that all players have access to?

I would love advance notice. Ironically enough that's exactly what Darth used to post an update.

The dev hate is unreal sometimes. They have botched plenty of things. But criticizing them for a player "informing" the forums when that info is in game is a bit over the top.

Edit: I do appreciate Darth getting us a written record on this though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    This Beware the Ides vault is great...

41 items:

200 Bolt shards
    1x LT
    3* Dora Milaje support (got that with my free token, it was an upgrade for me)
    5x basic support tokens
    1x Medusa (purple for me, is she random?)
    1x Shuri (red - is it random?)
    1x Namor (black - is it random?)
    100 5torm shards x 4
    2x 3* Thanos
    2x 3* Doom
    2x 3* Panther
    2x 3* Lord
    8x Mighty Tokens
    10x Elite tokens

1x pull - 300hp
    10x pack - 2850hp
    40x pack - 11250hp

no daily deal it would seem, but there was a free token
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    This Beware the Ides vault is great...

41 items:

200 Bolt shards
    1x LT
    3* Dora Milaje support (got that with my free token, it was an upgrade for me)
    5x basic support tokens
    1x Medusa (purple for me, is she random?)
    1x Shuri (red - is it random?)
    1x Namor (black - is it random?)
    100 5torm shards x 4
    2x 3* Thanos
    2x 3* Doom
    2x 3* Panther
    2x 3* Lord
    8x Mighty Tokens
    10x Elite tokens

1x pull - 300hp
    10x pack - 2850hp
    40x pack - 11250hp

no daily deal it would seem, but there was a free token
    4* cover colors would seem random. Mine's got purple Medusa and Namor, green Shuri.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:

Thank goodness someone is giving us information that all players have access to?

I would love advance notice. Ironically enough that's exactly what Darth used to post an update.

The dev hate is unreal sometimes. They have botched plenty of things. But criticizing them for a player "informing" the forums when that info is in game is a bit over the top.

Full disclosure: This is my passive aggressive way of making them feel sheepish that we keep getting to the point where we move beyond the final listed updates before getting new ones. 

The updates, when they come, are good and extensive, and very much appreciated. The issue is that we frequently aren't getting the new updates in a timely fashion and are forced to wait and rely on in-game updates.

I know if it were my actual paid job to update this, I'd be a little embarrassed that the forumites are essentially doing my job for me at times. 

Plus, I do want to help my fellow forumites if I can. 

But it's mostly the passive aggressive thing. 😋
    I could tell what it was. I also actually do appreciate it too.

Before we tell them what emotions would be appropriate for someone else "doing their job" I think it could be wise to ask; Do we know for a fact that any dev has update future events and boost lists as part of their listed responsibilities that they are paid for?

I just feel sometimes we can be too quick to judge on perceived slights when we may not have all the info.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Honestly I don’t think it’s anyone’s 5th, 6th, or even 7th highest priority task anymore. Also - “enhanced remoteness” policies are going live all over the states right now in the face of Coronageddon, so this week in particular probably gets more of a pass. Though of course the Cone of Silence has been in place for a good minute now
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    AXP_isme said:

Full disclosure: This is my passive aggressive way of making them feel sheepish that we keep getting to the point where we move beyond the final listed updates before getting new ones. 

The updates, when they come, are good and extensive, and very much appreciated. The issue is that we frequently aren't getting the new updates in a timely fashion and are forced to wait and rely on in-game updates.

I know if it were my actual paid job to update this, I'd be a little embarrassed that the forumites are essentially doing my job for me at times. 

Plus, I do want to help my fellow forumites if I can. 

But it's mostly the passive aggressive thing. 😋
    I could tell what it was. I also actually do appreciate it too.

Before we tell them what emotions would be appropriate for someone else "doing their job" I think it could be wise to ask; Do we know for a fact that any dev has update future events and boost lists as part of their listed responsibilities that they are paid for?

I just feel sometimes we can be too quick to judge on perceived slights when we may not have all the info.
    I could be mistaken, but I thought when Brigby initially left, IceIX said he would be taking on some of his duties, including the sneak peek thread. 

I think the real issue is they need to hire someone, even if it's part time, to take care of these sort of things. In all reality, I'm sure that this is probably pretty far down the priority list for whoever is supposed to be in charge of it.

But, it *is* someone's responsibility. I would imagine a good deal of us are familiar with having unexpected roles or responsibilities added to our jobs, even if it's temporary. Sometimes, yes, it's a burden, but at the end of the day, it's on us. 

Now having said all of that, if d3/Demi wants to pawn that work off on me, I'd be happy to help. Just get the info to me, and I'll format it and post it weekly or biweekly. Up to y'all how far in advance you want the update to go. The frequency of having to actually do the update wouldn't be an issue for me.

Just credit my account an LT each time. And I'm being totally serious about this, it's not me being snarky/sarcastic, or making a joke. Y'all seem like you could use a hand; that's my offer. 🙂
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Thanks for the token game but did you just seriously ask me to celebrate the Ides of March?!?!?
  • DAZ0273
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My IoM vault has green Shuri, Green Namor, purple Medusa, so random yeah.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohhh, Thing Crash. One of the few Champed 4*s who regularly fails the Crash. Although it looks like his damage has actually been buffed maybe? I’ll have to set him 5/3/5 now so I don’t forget later.