MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2020 (Updated 3/17/20)

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I would also like to know what’s happening re boss events, as PeeOne said boredom is rearing it’s head, and I’m in self isolation!
    Indeed...it would be ironic in the current environment to not run alliance events.....
    Like a FREEEEE RIIIIDE  when you've already paid...
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Thanks for the update.  Any chance we could get a few more for crash of the titans since this update will be out of date in 9 hours when Thing’s crash starts.  I use these updates to prioritize leveling my 4* characters 
    Looks like Magik is after Thing. Best I can do right now. 😋

Akshully, the Crash does (more or less) go in alphabetical order based on the parenthetical name or designation or whatever you want to call it. So I'd look at leveling anyone with Classic in parentheses right now. 

I say alphabetically more or less, because as you can see, Thing and Magik are out of order. There are several others that are out of order as well, just can't remember them off the top of my head. 

So once we're out of the run of Classics, expect Professor X (Charles Xavier) (EDIT: NOPE. Ch- comes before Cl-; physician, heal thyself 🤦‍♂️), Carnage (Cletus Cassidy), Quake (Daisy Johnson), Iron Fist (Danny Rand), and so on. 
    Thanks!  This and the following posts are helpful.  I have been using the rotation listed on the MPQ Gamependium, but was concerned about newer releases not yet in the rotation and when they might drop in.  For example, I believe this will be Magik's first crash. I leveled her when I saw the in-game hero for hire offer and actually have the next 10 or so on the Gamependium list champed.  But don't have Northstar champed or leveled I will probably hold off to see if they add him, since I'd prefer not to level him for now.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I would also like to know what’s happening re boss events, as PeeOne said boredom is rearing it’s head, and I’m in self isolation!
    Indeed...it would be ironic in the current environment to not run alliance events.....
    Like a FREEEEE RIIIIDE  when you've already paid...
    But how is it free if its paid for? Its ironic that a song named ironic is written by a person that doesnt know what irony is. Dontcha think?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Thanks for the update.  Any chance we could get a few more for crash of the titans since this update will be out of date in 9 hours when Thing’s crash starts.  I use these updates to prioritize leveling my 4* characters 

Akshully, the Crash does (more or less) go in alphabetical order based on the parenthetical name or designation or whatever you want to call it. So I'd look at leveling anyone with Classic in parentheses right now. 

I say alphabetically more or less, because as you can see, Thing and Magik are out of order. There are several others that are out of order as well, just can't remember them off the top of my head. 

So once we're out of the run of Classics, expect Professor X (Charles Xavier) (EDIT: NOPE. Ch- comes before Cl-; physician, heal thyself 🤦‍♂️), Carnage (Cletus Cassidy), Quake (Daisy Johnson), Iron Fist (Danny Rand), and so on. 
    Thanks!  This and the following posts are helpful.  I have been using the rotation listed on the MPQ Gamependium, but was concerned about newer releases not yet in the rotation and when they might drop in.  For example, I believe this will be Magik's first crash. I leveled her when I saw the in-game hero for hire offer and actually have the next 10 or so on the Gamependium list champed.  But don't have Northstar champed or leveled I will probably hold off to see if they add him, since I'd prefer not to level him for now.

Yeah, I only mentioned Northstar because he does technically have the Classic tag. And he does meet the criteria (at least the criteria I used to know): He's had his release PvP, he's in tokens, and he will have been featured in PvP at least twice. 

Still, they might hold off on adding him this rotation. Worst case scenario, wait until you see him pop up in the HfH preview. Then you'll have 5 days to gather ISO to champ/level him. 

Plus, a 4* doesn't necessarily *need* to be champed to win their Crash. If he is featured, you could try winning at Level 70. If you can't, bump him up, say, 10 levels and try again until he's high enough to actually win. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:

bump him up, say, 10 levels and try again until he's high enough to actually win. 

10 levels!?  Northstar!!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, I only mentioned Northstar because he does technically have the Classic tag. And he does meet the criteria (at least the criteria I used to know): He's had his release PvP, he's in tokens, and he will have been featured in PvP at least twice. 

Still, they might hold off on adding him this rotation. Worst case scenario, wait until you see him pop up in the HfH preview. Then you'll have 5 days to gather ISO to champ/level him. 

Plus, a 4* doesn't necessarily *need* to be champed to win their Crash. If he is featured, you could try winning at Level 70. If you can't, bump him up, say, 10 levels and try again until he's high enough to actually win. 
    I’ve found that supports have been winning most of my crashes for me. If you have any that create strike or attack tiles when making a match, just keep trying to get cascades in your battle until it’s over. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double ISO-8! That's a nice surprise for those needing them.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    VERY happy about it personally. Might get my 4*s finished up. That and the health packs have been some nice little gestures. Much appreciated.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Jormagund said:
    DarthDeVo said:

bump him up, say, 10 levels and try again until he's high enough to actually win. 

10 levels!?  Northstar!!
    True enough. The point was more about leveling up incrementally so you're not wasting more ISO than you need to in order to win. I just kinda chose 10 levels at a time arbitrarily. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I really really need it, so very very happy about it! Thanks devs!
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Is that start date right for the next NCE ?
    27th is Friday

@IceIX
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Havok is in. Weird timing.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Havok is in. Weird timing.
    Mondays are historically the day it happens, but devs are probably on a weird schedule with lockdowns, working from home etc.  I'll take the early update, no arguments here.  Thanks!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping to score that last Carbage I needed, I really like him, but oh well. I have just under half a cover on him in shards, so I'll just wrap him up that way.
  • bluewolf
    Bugeyed said:
    Is that start date right for the next NCE ?
    27th is Friday

@IceIX
    Obviously this is a typo, HAT is 3 days long.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

Since Marvel Minute already spilled the beans, can we get the next event details?
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Why is essential 3* Widow at a lower level than the buffed 3s in HAT? I have Widow maxed and she's at 364. Have Strange Squirrel and Starlord all maxed and they're at 367. Shouldn't the essential 3 be leveled higher than the 3s from the buff list?
  • bluewolf
    MackDan1 said:
    Why is essential 3* Widow at a lower level than the buffed 3s in HAT? I have Widow maxed and she's at 364. Have Strange Squirrel and Starlord all maxed and they're at 367. Shouldn't the essential 3 be leveled higher than the 3s from the buff list?
    That is weird, seems like a bug.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020

Havok's new character boost is over? He entered Latest Legends just yesterday. 

Is he at 28 days since release and it's over already?  (or whatever that time frame is).
  • bluewolf
    edited March 2020
    RickOShay said:

Havok's new character boost is over? He entered Latest Legends just yesterday. 

Is he at 28 days since release and it's over already?  (or whatever that time frame is).
    That has always been the case - 4 weeks or 28 days from the release.  So when the release starts with an HP store, then a week later it's the CP store, then two weeks from the following Monday (CP store close) is the Latest update....you get about 3 days or so of new boost if you wait for Latests.

This was how Prof worked; Carnage came two weeks after the HP store closed so you saw him longer.  BRB came in early due to holidays so he got more time.  No one was too worked up over Sinister having just a few days, but that was the case.