Fresh Cut May 21 - May 23 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Nemek, why are you still retreating? I thought that stopped doing anything weeks ago. Unless you just want to give away some points; in which case, thanks for the +2.

Make sure to spend those two points wisely!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Who knows... 2 points can be the difference between 3 Daken covers and 2 covers. I hope I'm not in such a bracket though icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just started.

Fun fact: so many Spidey teams! icon_lol.gif I was even stunned for 1 turn! Twice!

Not so fun fact: Hulk + Patch tactic not working. Hulk tanks only 1 colour.

Third fact: so far no known nicknames in my bracket. First at >700. No one shielded.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't get this tourney. At 700 all of a sudden I'm getting 2* Thor and OBWs, teams I haven't seen in 4 weeks.
    Up until 600 it was all 141s.
    Well I'll just sit pretty and see what happens overnight, it's way too early to push (unless you're Kakko, apparently).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't get this tourney. At 700 all of a sudden I'm getting 2* Thor and OBWs, teams I haven't seen in 4 weeks.

I'm at less than 300 points. Let's see, which node should I do:

City against maxed OBW and Thor
    Lab against maxed OBW and Thor
    Forest against maxed OBW and Thor

icon_neutral.gif

EDIT: Woo. Managed to have luck with the Forest one.

Got my 300 Fresh Cut Pack! And god... Bagman. I hate Packs. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm at less than 300 points. Let's see, which node should I do:

City against maxed OBW and Thor
    Lab against maxed OBW and Thor
    Forest against maxed OBW and Thor

icon_neutral.gif

EDIT: Woo. Managed to have luck with the Forest one.

Got my 300 Fresh Cut Pack! And god... Bagman. I hate Packs. icon_e_sad.gif

Its good? Or not? Im seeing Ares/Thor teams with OBW in 80% nodes from long time. Bout tokens...spent smth like 50 k during 1,5 week on * tokens, got many from LR, pve events, ofc got also every ** tokens - got 7 times gold cover...5 times it was Shield Bro, my only maxed 141 icon_e_biggrin.gif Seriously, how much chance for this?

Edit: Emeryt you still playing casually? Anyway add me on Steam, ofc if you want mate.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 958 in my bracket now. My last shield ended, and I did 4 matches and a ton of skipping inbetween. Not one attack. Once I got to 958 though, all I had was 10,12 or 14 point matches. I skipped at least a dozen times easy...just got less and less. Wound up just throwing up another 3 hr shield for now.

Have to say, this is the weirdest pvp I've played in over a month. Can't remember the last time I've played this lax, etc.

A.R.E.S. just hit though a while after I shielded for 30 points. So, at least somebody is getting points, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Well I'll just sit pretty and see what happens overnight, it's way too early to push (unless you're Kakko, apparently).

Thats how my mmr has been for the last 2 pvps it doesn't make sense but I certainty welcome it. The bad thing is you still get nailed by the 141s down low but you can hit some 85s to get it back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Same for me, pretty easy bracket so far and easy targets. I'm confused what changed now again.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    To go along with everybody else, yeah...there's this really weird pocket of 85s I get in the 700-900 range for the last two PvPs. 141s everywhere below and above that.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    I'm at 958 in my bracket now. My last shield ended, and I did 4 matches and a ton of skipping inbetween. Not one attack. Once I got to 958 though, all I had was 10,12 or 14 point matches. I skipped at least a dozen times easy...just got less and less. Wound up just throwing up another 3 hr shield for now.

Have to say, this is the weirdest pvp I've played in over a month. Can't remember the last time I've played this lax, etc.

A.R.E.S. just hit though a while after I shielded for 30 points. So, at least somebody is getting points, lol.

A.R.E.S. is Top of my Bracket @ 926 and shielded (after hitting you i guess?), and this was after he was @ 846 shielded earlier in the day....

Next person in #2 is at 702 pts.... not me icon_evil.gif too rich for my blood!

Good luck to you out there, people, I think this might be another bloodbath towards the end if you want Daken covers...
  • daveomite
    Options
    At 1,009 and shielded for probably 8hrs. Anyone who has me in a node...have at it. Looks like people have been getting, on average, between 41 all the way up to 57 points off my shield.

Crazy numbers. Damn glad I was shielded those times.
  • daveomite
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

A.R.E.S. is Top of my Bracket @ 926 and shielded (after hitting you i guess?), and this was after he was @ 846 shielded earlier in the day....

Good luck to you out there, people, I think this might be another bloodbath towards the end if you want Daken covers...

Could be... just glad I was shielded at the time.

This has definitely turned out to be one of the least stressful pvp's I've probably ever played. I'm not aiming for first or anything, just points for alliance and hopefully top 5.

But, that weird pocket of 85's, etc...still there even once I crossed 1k. I could have done something like 20 10-12 point matches if I wanted to as that's all it kept giving me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Could be... just glad I was shielded at the time.

This has definitely turned out to be one of the least stressful pvp's I've probably ever played. I'm not aiming for first or anything, just points for alliance and hopefully top 5.

But, that weird pocket of 85's, etc...still there even once I crossed 1k. I could have done something like 20 10-12 point matches if I wanted to as that's all it kept giving me.

Take those 85's and run with em until you've bled them dry! I had a large pocket of 85's during the Daken pvp. Since then, a wall of 141's. I gotta get my Hulk maxed so I can throw the bash brothers (Hulk and Lazy Thor) out there with one of my other 141's. With Spidey's nerf, stunlocking those teams into boredom wins won't work as well.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Has something changed with the enemy's AI system? It seems much tougher than ever before.
    Maybe I just a some kind of slump but I can't even get up past 300 points in this thing. I'm losing way more matches than winning because of awful tile placement.
    It's disgraceful. My level 85 OBW/Ares lost to a level 60 OBW/Thor team and it wasn't even close. I wouldn't even imagine trying to fight level 100 guys the way things are going for me.

Has anyone else noticed something similar in this event or am I going color-blind or something?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I had a shield up since 2 so I wouldn't lost points while I was out

I noticed that the #10 has 106 points more than me

Should I wait till my shield breaks than make my final push to make the top ten for two daken covers?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Just started.

Fun fact: so many Spidey teams! icon_lol.gif I was even stunned for 1 turn! Twice!

Third fact: so far no known nicknames in my bracket. First at >700. No one shielded.

You what? Didn't you say you're leaving in disgust?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Just started.

Saw you in my bracket, top 10 with less than 500 points.
    #1 shielded at less than 800.

I just hope this stays this way tomorrow when I decide to push.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wow im dumb lol

thought this event was going to end today

*facepalm*

OH well. I can still have a chance to win Daken's Cover somehow icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well for those saying something feels likes it changed, almost does feel that way. i actually started this event expecting full level 141 teams per usual, but was suprised to see some level 70 2 stars so got my way up to 600 with ease. now its back to usual at 600 points tho icon_e_smile.gif
    and the leader has only 700 lol last weak that woulda been like 120th place ill go for top 5 again on this one