Fresh Cut May 21 - May 23 (Season 2)

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Wield Psylocke's psychic blades!

Team-Up with Psylocke and unsheathe her psychic blades!

Rewards:

1. Red X-Force and all rewards from the previous rank
2-5. Daken Purple and Blue, 3000 ISO, 100 HP
6-10. Daken Purple and Blue, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
11-25. Daken Blue, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
26-50. Daken Blue, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
51-100. Storm Green, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
101-150. Storm Green, 1000 ISO, 25 HP
151-200. Storm Green, 500 ISO

Progression Rewards:

50. 500 ISO
300. Recruit Token – Fresh Cut
500. 500 ISO
600. Bullseye Purple
700. 500 ISO
800. 1000 ISO
900. 50 HP
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. Psylocke Red
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. IW Green

Alliance rewards:

1-2. Daken Black, 2000 ISO, 250 HP
3-50. Daken Black, 2000 ISO, 100 HP
51-100. Daken Black, 2000 ISO, 50 HP
101-250. 1500 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 1000 ISO, 50 HP

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Daken rewards to keep the proverbial ball rolling.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is how I see this tournament playing out

meme9703828536_zpsouvhx4fn.jpg
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I might level up my Psyduck just for this tournament. I'm tired of using Punisher every time and she could replace him. Also since not too many people have psylocke maxed it should give me an edge and keep the zombie horde away for a little longer. Maybe LazyThor/psylocke/cMags team?
  • Unknown
    Options
    The first PvP event of another Season ( icon_evil.gif ) And the 3* prize is Daken. Well, I already know I'm not getting anywhere near these covers. I really would have loved if we had some PvP Events that weren't for a damn season...
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What does it say about Psylocke that they placed the city node where they did... I guess it's better than the jungle or desert down there.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This'll be another bloodbath...
  • Unknown
    Options
    ;-; daken can be won here....ugh....

I already have storms green maxed. Totally uncalled for

Waiting until I get my season 1 prizes before I enter
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    ;-; daken can be won here....ugh....

*Only rosters with multiple 141 max'd characters need apply.

Someone said it in the last Event topic. To wait until it gets closer to the end to even start. I'll give that a try. Make the 600 progress reward Bullseye my goal, since I know I'm not getting a Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've learned my lesson. Not going to push in this one. I don't even like LazyDaken; I'm not killing myself for his covers.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I'm announcing that I will only be going for the blue Daken cover...so top 50.

So please leave me alone in this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Please?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, competition is going to be mega fierce in this tournament, but I argue that is definitely doable for a max 2* roster to nab one lazy daken cover. Will it take a bunch of grinding and some shield hopping? Definitely, but it is doable. When they first made the bracketing change, I placed out of the top 25 for the first time, and didn't do too well in the two tournaments after that. I had to adjust my strategy to fit the new environment where using at least one shield is necessary for us 2* teams to get a 3* cover. However, after I've done that, I've always placed in top 50, and even managed top 10 twice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess I could attempt Shield hopping, but it seems like the payoff gets hurt when I end up spending more HP than I would win from the event. And I imagine around 600 in this event is going to be when I get to that plateau of all matches either being low points or high points against 141 teams. If there was some way to play these without having to spend a bunch of Money/HP and still have a shot at the higher rewards, I'd be happy. But I don't know if that actually exists.

Right now, I have maxed Thor, Storm, OBW, and Ares and Mags in the 70s for 2-Stars, and I seriously have doubts that I'll be able to get anywhere near the Top 50.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm going to do whatever it takes for LazyDaken covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bonerang wrote:
    I'm going to do whatever it takes for LazyDaken covers.

You're going to have to KILL! icon_twisted.gif
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Someone said it in the last Event topic. To wait until it gets closer to the end to even start. I'll give that a try. Make the 600 progress reward Bullseye my goal, since I know I'm not getting a Daken.

That used to work really well (I'd start some events about 5-6 hours before the end and manage a pretty easy Top 10 or even 5 with only 700ish points). The last time I tried it though it still ended up with close to 1000 for Top 10 and about 800 for Top 50...YMMV
  • Unknown
    Options
    ....Walp. There goes that. icon_e_sad.gif I don't know what to do!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think joining on the last day really works anymore...again, part of having to change strategy to accommodate the new environment. For Krakadoom, I joined on the second day, worked myself up to 388 and left myself unshielded. Next morning, found I won a defensive match to get me over 400. Last night, pushed up to over 700. Lost over 100 points overnight, pushed back to 800 this morning, and shielded a few minutes after nine. Broke shields with 5 minutes to go to end at 833 for rank 23. Used OBW/Ares. Net +75 HPs. Used boosts when making the last push to speed up the points before I shielded. Granted, it appears that I wasn't in a bracket of death, but I've been using a similar strategy to place at least top 50. When I got top 10 for Fatal attraction, I ended up net -175HP, but walked away with 2 Lazy Thors and 1 Lazy Daken, so I count that as a win despite losing HP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Would definitely be nice to get decent amounts of 3* covers... I guess I'll have to try something like that if I want to be able to improve my roster a bit. Will probably be using Wolverine for the time being until I can get Ares' level higher.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 match with a seed, next team I see is Beee.
    Really, game, really?
    I can see this will be a GREAT season 2.

And Flash from S.H.I.E.L.D in my season bracket next to me at 25 points, with god knows how many others lurking.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Would definitely be nice to get decent amounts of 3* covers... I guess I'll have to try something like that if I want to be able to improve my roster a bit. Will probably be using Wolverine for the time being until I can get Ares' level higher.

Top 50 without shielding is possible for a max 2* OBW + Ares + loaner roster (maybe thor), even in a full 1k+ top 10 bracket (top 50 generally seemed to be in the low/mid 800s). All you need to do is start late (to avoid as many 40+ point retaliations as possible), push to a reasonably high number with <24 hours to go without going too high (700-800), store high point retaliations for a final push (skipping all worthless retaliations), play occasional matches during the day when attacks slow down to maintain a decent point total and attract more attacks for retaliations, and grind smart during the last hour of the event. If it sounds like work, it is.

That said, the rewards for the PvP events since the change have been mostly lackluster, so who knows how hard people will push for a new 3*. Also, it is always stressful to play unshielded since you can potentially be one game away from dropping from top 50 if the cutoff is in the 800s (using a 3-hour shield for top 50 is unsatisfying, but would work fine to guarantee a cover). In addition, it is very time-consuming to set up and carry out, and honestly doesn't really feel worth the effort. It is an option if you don't want to spend HP, and have/want to spend the time doing it the free way though.