• Unknown
    Options
    Lol you can whack me I'll be taking this event easy
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Uainin wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Would definitely be nice to get decent amounts of 3* covers... I guess I'll have to try something like that if I want to be able to improve my roster a bit. Will probably be using Wolverine for the time being until I can get Ares' level higher.

Top 50 without shielding is possible for a max 2* OBW + Ares + loaner roster (maybe thor), even in a full 1k+ top 10 bracket (top 50 generally seemed to be in the low/mid 800s). All you need to do is start late (to avoid as many 40+ point retaliations as possible), push to a reasonably high number with <24 hours to go without going too high (700-800), store high point retaliations for a final push (skipping all worthless retaliations), play occasional matches during the day when attacks slow down to maintain a decent point total and attract more attacks for retaliations, and grind smart during the last hour of the event. If it sounds like work, it is.

That said, the rewards for the PvP events since the change have been mostly lackluster, so who knows how hard people will push for a new 3*. Also, it is always stressful to play unshielded since you can potentially be one game away from dropping from top 50 if the cutoff is in the 800s (using a 3-hour shield for top 50 is unsatisfying, but would work fine to guarantee a cover). In addition, it is very time-consuming to set up and carry out, and honestly doesn't really feel worth the effort. It is an option if you don't want to spend HP, and have/want to spend the time doing it the free way though.

I'll second that it can work (but like he said it's a ton of work) and for the last three hours you're constantly living one bad cascade or a couple 3* teams seeing you from having a very bad day. I'd say the sheild with about 3 hours to go and make a mad dash in the last 10-20 minutes is the safer option.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm announcing that I will only be going for the blue Daken cover...so top 50.

So please leave me alone in this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Please?

Only if you extend the same curtsy to me. You've hit me before... I was not amused icon_evil.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Lol you can whack me I'll be taking this event easy
    Oh, I would, but I'm not going to start hitting you at 50 points icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:

Please?

Only if you extend the same curtsy to me. You've hit me before... I was not amused icon_evil.gif

I have trouble with forum members who have different in game names...I do try to only hit forum members once per pvp as well. Sometimes, neither of those happen.
  • Unknown
    Options

I have trouble with forum members who have different in game names...I do try to only hit forum members once per pvp as well. Sometimes, neither of those happen.

I know. I regret it a bit now. Originally I was just going to be a forum lurker, but then I crossed the line.
  • Unknown
    Options
    1d3daf04120b3ecc5a4a2d6589ca593ddae802ded2e9ebf49cccc3631bd03a28.jpg
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think joining on the last day really works anymore...again, part of having to change strategy to accommodate the new environment. For Krakadoom, I joined on the second day, worked myself up to 388 and left myself unshielded. Next morning, found I won a defensive match to get me over 400. Last night, pushed up to over 700. Lost over 100 points overnight, pushed back to 800 this morning, and shielded a few minutes after nine. Broke shields with 5 minutes to go to end at 833 for rank 23. Used OBW/Ares. Net +75 HPs. Used boosts when making the last push to speed up the points before I shielded. Granted, it appears that I wasn't in a bracket of death, but I've been using a similar strategy to place at least top 50. When I got top 10 for Fatal attraction, I ended up net -175HP, but walked away with 2 Lazy Thors and 1 Lazy Daken, so I count that as a win despite losing HP.

Yeah that seems to be what sorta works for me too. I cruise up to about 400 then start really going for it about 12 hours out and in my brackets 800 is barely enough for a top 50 finish.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, competition is going to be mega fierce in this tournament, but I argue that is definitely doable for a max 2* roster to nab one lazy daken cover. Will it take a bunch of grinding and some shield hopping? Definitely, but it is doable. When they first made the bracketing change, I placed out of the top 25 for the first time, and didn't do too well in the two tournaments after that. I had to adjust my strategy to fit the new environment where using at least one shield is necessary for us 2* teams to get a 3* cover. However, after I've done that, I've always placed in top 50, and even managed top 10 twice.
    How the hell is getting over 1000pts 'definitely doable' for 2*s going against nothing but (three of) 120-212 Psylocke / 141 LThor / 141 CMags / 141 Hood / 141 Hulk / 141 Punisher / 141 LCap?
    Yeah, I don't think joining on the last day really works anymore...again, part of having to change strategy to accommodate the new environment. For Krakadoom, I joined on the second day, worked myself up to 388 and left myself unshielded. Next morning, found I won a defensive match to get me over 400. Last night, pushed up to over 700. Lost over 100 points overnight, pushed back to 800 this morning, and shielded a few minutes after nine. Broke shields with 5 minutes to go to end at 833 for rank 23. Used OBW/Ares. Net +75 HPs. Used boosts when making the last push to speed up the points before I shielded. Granted, it appears that I wasn't in a bracket of death, but I've been using a similar strategy to place at least top 50. When I got top 10 for Fatal attraction, I ended up net -175HP, but walked away with 2 Lazy Thors and 1 Lazy Daken, so I count that as a win despite losing HP.
    Also, I'm super jealous of your brackets, where 833 is rank 23... My lowest in last 5 pvp's was 817, with 'top 100' (880 in the one before that was also 'top 100'), 2 of my last 5 were over 1000, none of those was better than 'top 50' (rank 41, I believe).
  • Unknown
    Options
    really d3? Really?

The Fresh Cut Coin gives me Bag Man

=.=.... such a waste of my night grinding.....
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    really d3? Really?

I had about four events in a row where that happened - the last couple I've made out like a bandit (LThor, BP, CMags).
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    really d3? Really?

I had about four events in a row where that happened - the last couple I've made out like a bandit (LThor, BP, CMags).

Yeah I think i got bagman again in thorborg's event. kinda stinks if you ask me

anyway time to try to get to 1100 points for the first time, highly doubt I will make it. Will try tomorrow. hopefully I will win two covers I need as i progress
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the alliances are coordinating when to join the bracket, so yeah doesn't matter when to join, but last day is still the best day to join for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm probably in the middle of solidifying a solid 2 star team (2 85s Ares and Thor, a few other 2 stars in the 40-60 range, all F2P) but Season 2 as a whole seems to be completely unplayable for me. I can't find a fight without all 85+ characters in Fresh Cut (maybe the occasional 85-75, but pretty much always Thor/Ares and OBW) and even the SHIELD Simulator is the same. Last few events have been hard to even make top 50, but this is crazy. I haven't broke 50 points in Fresh Cut and I think I'm around 120 in Shield and its just been a wall of 2 and 3 star monsters.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:

Please?

Is this some weird honour system? You curtsy before taking part in PVP? Sounds a bit fruity.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:

Please?

Is this some weird honour system? You curtsy before taking part in PVP? Sounds a bit fruity.

who are you calling fruity? Bacon Pants are made of pure, greasy bacon! I personally don't know why anyone would like to wear pants made of greasy bacon, but...He rocks them like a boss!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, yeah... going up against maxed Psyducks coupled with maxed LDakens and LTs ensures that I need a healthpack afterwards, because I sure as hell ain't gonna level Spidey now that his heal scales.
    This is where pitting us against only 141s from 0 points onwards really starts to show it's intended meaning, forcing me to either buy health packs or shielding, because prologue healing just isn't cutting it anymore.
    Low move, devs.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    really d3? Really?

*Insert jokes about night grinding*
    MikeyMan wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the alliances are coordinating when to join the bracket, so yeah doesn't matter when to join, but last day is still the best day to join for me.

I've seen lots of people speculate this. Do any alliances actually do this? At ace of blades, we can't even go an entire pvp without accidentally attacking each other
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    So, yeah... going up against maxed Psyducks coupled with maxed LDakens and LTs ensures that I need a healthpack afterwards, because I sure as hell ain't gonna level Spidey now that his heal scales.
    This is where pitting us against only 141s from 0 points onwards really starts to show it's intended meaning, forcing me to either buy health packs or shielding, because prologue healing just isn't cutting it anymore.
    Low move, devs.

Agreed. Agreed. And agreed some more.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'll just stick with annoying factor and my maxed Patch/Hulk when I need to scare folks away. Magneto and Punisher in Jungle, having fun as usual, meanwhile. If that sounded dirty, you better not know what Magneto can do with Hood.