MPQ 6th Anniversary Schedule

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    The 6th Anniversary of a mobile game is a huge accomplishment!

I really hope that something as momentous as this counts for multiple feeders. As it stands, this is just following the normal release schedule.

Double Iso is great for those not post-Iso. Will there be double anything else for those of us post Iso? 

By their estimation, celebrating 80 years of Marvel wasn't even worth one single feeder. They also aren't kicking off their 6th Anniversary with a feeder.  Asking for "multiple feeders" before anniversary is over seems like a huge ask, given recent history.

Though I really hope I'm wrong.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:

One other interesting, yet non-Anniversary-related item, from that link is that it cites Deadpool as the "most bonused hero".  During the last anniversary (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75686/anniversary-contest-and-the-winners-are-10-22-18/p1), @Brigby mentioned that 3* Dr Strange had to most bonus hero covers given out "by quite a large margin".  I wonder if that drastically changed in the past year or if Deadpool got more in 2019 for some reason? 
    It's possible that Deadpool is faved by more Players, but the ones who fave Strange pull way more Tokens, and thus get way more bonus hero covers.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's possible that Deadpool is faved by more Players, but the ones who fave Strange pull way more Tokens, and thus get way more bonus hero covers.
    It could also be a symptom of a more mature player base, who don't need Strange any more.

whilst strange is great, once you're in 4star land or above, you really don't need him very much. Deadpool however, has a unique and specific use regardless of what stage of the game you're in.

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Roster slot discount?
    I’ve saved 23,000 HP waiting for one to kickoff my 3* dupes, I sure hope there is :)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omegased said:

It could also be a symptom of a more mature player base, who don't need Strange any more.

whilst strange is great, once you're in 4star land or above, you really don't need him very much. Deadpool however, has a unique and specific use regardless of what stage of the game you're in.

This hasn't been my experience. I'm a firmly entrenched 4* player (65/90 champed, another 19 fully covered waiting on ISO) and one of my bread and butter teams in PvE vs goons is my baby Kitty (1/1/2), champed 4* Rocket, and max-champed 3* Strange. In addition, if a boosted character has a really strong nuke, I also like pairing Strange with Valkyrie and the boosted character vs goons as I can fill up the AP tank quickly. I use supports to set the team's strongest color to get the AP I need most. As an example, Luke Cage, Valk, and Strange are a great team I still use from time to time vs Mindless Ones, making sure Yellow is the team's strongest color.

On the other hand, I virtually never use my 3* Deadpool. I have read here on the forums that some use him for his whales, especially hard nodes. Even some 5* players. But I don't think I even used him the last time he was boosted.

I thought about it in regard to farming, but neither has a 2* feeder, and both feed 4*s who don't feed any 5*s (Strange feeding Nova and Deadpool feeding Deadpool). So from a farming perspective I don't have a reason to favor either.

Your mileage may vary.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No feeders?
    Seriously?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I see the info-graphic refers to Kitty, 5trange and OML as most equipped,,,
    Unless I am mistaken, that isn’t 5 Strange.  It’s 3 Strange. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX are any character rebalances planned for anniversary? Emma Frost says hello👍
    If any rebalances are happening this anniversary, the line starts behind Bishop!

(something something overclocked)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abenness said:
    Borstock said:
    Roster slot discount?
    I’ve saved 23,000 HP waiting for one to kickoff my 3* dupes, I sure hope there is :)
    We have had 2 Roster Slot discounts that I recall, one in January 2018 and one in March of this year.  I feel certain that they won't offer another one until 2020, if they do it then.

The 3rd, 4th, and 5th Anniversaries included HP sales.......  None this year.  Not feeling the love.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    abenness said:
    Borstock said:
    Roster slot discount?
    We have had 2 Roster Slot discounts that I recall, one in January 2018 and one in March of this year.  I feel certain that they won't offer another one until 2020, if they do it then.

The 3rd, 4th, and 5th Anniversaries included HP sales.......  None this year.  Not feeling the love.
    Are you ever though?

”Thanks for playing our game every day for YEARS! Here is a heroic token.” 

Ummmm, thanks... I guess.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    abenness said:
    Borstock said:
    Roster slot discount?

Are you ever though?

The game costs nothing to download and play. No part of the game is locked to players that do not pay. But the devs are not generous enough.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone else get an anniversary token with no vault?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Anyone else get an anniversary token with no vault?
    Everyone.

My assumption is that the vault is set to open next to the Best in Class event at noon EDT (about 3 1/2 hours).

But this is another example of.....poor testing?  Planning?  Annoying, is what it is to me.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    jp1 said:
    To be frank, no, they are not generous enough.
    The Anniversary Season hasn't officially started yet. There might be more to come that hasn't been announced yet.

Why not wait until the end before giving feedback? I doubt even if we give any suggestions now they would be able to implement it in time anyway.

Did you provide any feedback last year? If you did and there's no improvement this year, then you can complain now. But otherwise, I think it's a bit too soon to complain.
    I have been receiving all anniversary content early. I was trying to get a jump on the complaining so I wasn’t outpaced. ;)

Fair enough though. I’ll wait until the end, do you honestly believe we will be surprised at this point? Andy Dufresne our way through it is.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks cool. I should hopefully be able to finish up Howard. Shame there isn't more taskmaster covers. 

No feeders is disappointing, but I'm hoping they have a few surprises in store. 

Not shocked about supports being absent. I think that feature needs more time on bench. 

Sigh about another 4 star, do I have to mention that little thing called dilution or are we going to keep ignoring it? 
    There's at least 7 Taskmaster covers.  How many would be enough for you?

I may be mistaken but i think they only offer Taskmaster once a year, so enough to fully cover him without spending an arm and a leg.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    abenness said:
    Borstock said:
    Roster slot discount?

Are you ever though?

The game costs nothing to download and play. No part of the game is locked to players that do not pay. But the devs are not generous enough.
    Some of us do pay, the free to play people have us to thank, not the devs, for that being an option. 

To be frank, no, they are not generous enough.

Hey! Welcome to the party guys, thanks for sticking with us for all these years, here is your slice of wonder bread!

It costs absolutely nothing to make this “celebration” something to be excited about. 

Edit: To be completely honest, I’d be happy if the game did cost money, VIP was required, and the return on investment for players who pay was a bit more worthwhile.

They could have a separate version sponsored by their generosity and see how far that goes.
    So you want an upfront cost and a monthly subscription to be required to play? It would be interesting to see how populated the game would be in that state.

I do agree that anniversary should be more generous than normal times. Like maybe a free item or an increase in rewards while playing. Or maybe a 100 item vault with 16 4*'s instead of the usual 4 from an 80 item vault that stays open longer with more events granting tokens to it so you have higher chances of getting the more valuable prizes from it.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Oh.....by the way.

Looking at the schedule and rewards listed here:

Jim Hammond will (unless they break their rule about having the placement 4 prior to a new release be one of the Shield Training essentials) be required for the Spidey 2099 Shield Training.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't want to naysay before things really get going, but a blank anniversary vault does not inspire confidence...  (PS, I know it will actually drop at noon EST, but that does not excuse the early release of the token - there are many people who are going to not know any better and just open it.)
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1 - What I think would be a nice touch for an anniversary would be to give players an additional token for each year they've been active with the game.

2 - Devil D, Taskmaster, Howard ... why's Spider-Ham missing????