Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:
    So where did they confirm human torch would be required for shield training for spiderman 2099?
    For months and months they have run ST with one of the essentials being the person who is in placement just before the release PVE.

Deadpool vs. MPQ - Fan Favorite Selected PVE
    • Starts: 10/6
    • Ends: 10/10
    • Juggernaut (Fear Itself) in Progression Rewards
    • Human Torch (Jim Hammond) in Placement Rewards
    App store notes, and the fact that almost every new release is a Thursday, tells us that the Spidey Release event will be 10/10.

So unless they break their months-long pattern, Jim Hammond will be an essential for ST.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/celebrate-six-years-marvel-puzzle-quest

Outright confirms Spidey 2099 as releasing on the 10th.

Also confirms a second costume, Devil Dinosaur gets a "Dapper Dino" outfit. And a new 3-day event, called "Lost in Time", and featuring Doctor Doom. Educated guess says it also features Spidey 2099 in the plot, and that it will be part of his release cycle (either the release event, or the event after where he's featured)

I agree that the devs are creatures of habit, and the pattern they've followed for ages indicates Android Torch will be required for the upcoming Shield Training. At the very least, it would be far more shocking for him to NOT be required. I also agree that everyone would be happier if he weren't required.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The whole thing is a pain. I am definitely past due some 4* Bonus heroes but who do I chase? My feeling is to stick with Juggernaut and forget about Shield Training and chasing Torch and then trying to switch attention to Captain Timotei (Because he's worth it). So the three 4's in a row is good news to those trying to cover 5* but bad news to those trying to cover 4's. Seems like there is no respite for any part of the player base.
    Chase who you like; it wasn't all that long ago Shield Training didn't exist. It's not that bad to miss out on one track, throw a few tokens at the thing, maybe get lucky. You'll survive. I've missed out on quite a few this year, and in the end it doesn't set you back all that far. I'm sure you really only need the new 4*s for node access by now, no? I mean sure they're cool, but do you NEED them outside of that?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The whole thing is a pain. I am definitely past due some 4* Bonus heroes but who do I chase? My feeling is to stick with Juggernaut and forget about Shield Training and chasing Torch and then trying to switch attention to Captain Timotei (Because he's worth it). So the three 4's in a row is good news to those trying to cover 5* but bad news to those trying to cover 4's. Seems like there is no respite for any part of the player base.
    Chase who you like; it wasn't all that long ago Shield Training didn't exist. It's not that bad to miss out on one track, throw a few tokens at the thing, maybe get lucky. You'll survive. I've missed out on quite a few this year, and in the end it doesn't set you back all that far. I'm sure you really only need the new 4*s for node access by now, no? I mean sure they're cool, but do you NEED them outside of that?
    No not at all. You can see I have made my decision and that decision is Juggernaut. It is still a somewhat daunting situation though - Torch went into tokens on Tuesday I think? The only thing for me is: if we aren't here to collect and enjoy the new characters then what exactly is the point of having them?
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    I thought the most recent patterns indicated Ronin would be required. Possibly in all 3 slots?

We occasionally see a break with all classics required.  Maybe this will happen, since it is Anniversary. 

I am enjoying the event so far.  But it's still just MPQ with festive tokens, I don't expect things to be vastly different from last month or next month 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I understood that reference!

However, I think you mean Captain L’Oréal. That was their slogan.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made Spiderman 2099 the essential while putting a bundle up that gets him up to lvl 209 for $1000.  Only a matter of time before this game degrades to something like that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I understood that reference!

However, I think you mean Captain L’Oréal. That was their slogan.
    You are correct, I got them confused, lol!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Just out of interest. In the Best In Class background, who is the character in the picture with Prof X and Shuri? Tony Stark? I don't think I ever saw his face without his helmet like that except during Girl Friday's animation. Possible new character? New costume?

There's also someone else I can't recognise behind Deadpool, next to Cyclops. Who's that?
    Yeah, the other Most Likely to Succeed is Tony. Not sure on the other, but I think it might be Colossus when he's not in metal mode.
    Also, what's up with the Best Friends selection? I mean, yeah, a dog is man's best friend, but Rocket and Groot are such good friends that they're the same Character! Twice!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone else find it “convenient” that Deadpool vs MPQ, a 4 day event with 2x48 hours chapters, is one of the double iso events? Since you clear less nodes, it would be half as much iso given out than a typical 4 x 24 hour event. Even when we get double iso, we give up something. 
    It's not the first time that's happened IIRC
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone else find it “convenient” that Deadpool vs MPQ, a 4 day event with 2x48 hours chapters, is one of the double iso events? Since you clear less nodes, it would be half as much iso given out than a typical 4 x 24 hour event. Even when we get double iso, we give up something. 
    It's not the first time that's happened IIRC

But, the dev's didn't choose it.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OK, I've got a serious problem with some of this Best in Class stuff. Bullseye for Most Athletic? Really? He's had Daredevil run rings around him how many times now? Rogue and Gambit for Cutest Couple when Kitty and Colossus are right there? Seriously?
    The Best Smile group was very well chosen, tho. :smiley:
    That’s a bit of a toss up.. I still would give the nod to Gambit n Rogue.. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    OK, I've got a serious problem with some of this Best in Class stuff. Bullseye for Most Athletic? Really? He's had Daredevil run rings around him how many times now? Rogue and Gambit for Cutest Couple when Kitty and Colossus are right there? Seriously?
    The Best Smile group was very well chosen, tho. :smiley:
    That’s a bit of a toss up.. I still would give the nod to Gambit n Rogue.. 
    If only we had Longshot to go with Dazzler...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Just out of interest. In the Best In Class background, who is the character in the picture with Prof X and Shuri? Tony Stark? I don't think I ever saw his face without his helmet like that except during Girl Friday's animation. Possible new character? New costume?

There's also someone else I can't recognise behind Deadpool, next to Cyclops. Who's that?
    Yeah, the other Most Likely to Succeed is Tony. Not sure on the other, but I think it might be Colossus when he's not in metal mode.
    Also, what's up with the Best Friends selection? I mean, yeah, a dog is man's best friend, but Rocket and Groot are such good friends that they're the same Character! Twice!
    Colossus is still jacked even when not metal. Whoever is next to cyclops is too skinny. I think it’s more likely to be dry Iceman
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Dry Iceman will be our first 6*. He is much cooler than regular Iceman.
    that seems so counter-intuitive...

*edit - wait, no, now I get it. Dry Ice, not de-iced bobby.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thank you guys! 
    just wanted to check in before going to sleep, now I can't get vanilla ice out of my head, singing "dry.. ice.. bobby..."