MPQ 6th Anniversary Schedule

Options

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Edit: And the best in class stuff annoys me to see the Taskmaster icons all over it and the final reward be yet another D. Dino cover. 
    For real.
    That final progression reward should most definitely have been a Taskmaster cover.  I wonder if the could hotfix it and change that out if enough of us brought it up.  Oh wait...

Mine is not fully covered, and every single place Taskmaster is listed as begin a reward in the Anniversary summary post (besides the Vault), he is the final placement reward and not progression.  I think I've hit t10 in PVP once in like 5 years, and that was when it wasn't a sought over cover.
    But there are Dino covers all over the place (including progression rewards)...
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He is the placement reward for his pvp, but still. Devs gotta know he is the most wanted limited 4. Really I think shenanigans when I see Galactus as the "fan favorite" boss event and Deadpool as the pve. I can kinda buy OML and XFW being fan favorites every single year, but those two events...especially DPvMPQ, which features one of the hardest singular day nodes, no sir.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He is the placement reward for his pvp, but still. Devs gotta know he is the most wanted limited 4. Really I think shenanigans when I see Galactus as the "fan favorite" boss event and Deadpool as the pve. I can kinda buy OML and XFW being fan favorites every single year, but those two events...especially DPvMPQ, which features one of the hardest singular day nodes, no sir.

I'm hoping that they're saving Webbed Wonder or Strange Sights for the second week for the new release because yeah I'm not buying that stuff either.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He is the placement reward for his pvp, but still.
    Yeah, which means 98% of players won't get it.
    For an Anniversary you'd think they'd be a teeny bit more lenient on rewards for a time frame of just barely two weeks.
    Oh wait...
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For an Anniversary you'd think they'd be a teeny bit more lenient on rewards for a time frame of just barely two weeks.
    Oh wait...
    Oh I agree, was just pointing out that he does have a progression reward is all.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Best Smile group was very well chosen, tho. :smiley:

My sentiments exactly.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh wait...
    Oh I agree, was just pointing out that he does have a progression reward is all.
    Also, why are all of his covers red?
    Heroes for hire, shield sim, both red.
    I'm sure that if we're getting one in daily rewards it'll be red as well.
    So I'm guessing mine will be 8/2/5 or something after this year.
  • New_Doug
    New_Doug Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It really feels like the devs mailed in this anniversary. Makes sense because for a while it seems like this game has been dying. No 5 feeders (how long since we got the last one? 3-4 months?), nothing to address dilution, no character buffs to the busted and trash characters and no scl10. I'd like to say that double ISO is nice (it's better than the NOTHING we got in all the other areas) but it really should be at minimum triple ISO with the amount of 4's and the cost to champ them. I say that as someone post ISO sitting on around 6 million of it but they really should do something better for the folks that were way smarter than me and spent a lot less on this game. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's something I noticed: full of red covers. Hopefully, his pvp progression cover will be blue.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

I'm hoping that they're saving Webbed Wonder or Strange Sights for the second week for the new release because yeah I'm not buying that stuff either.
    Tell me Mr Joe Casual, why do you like DPvsMPQ so much? 
    Well, given that I'm casual and don't play that much, the 2 x 48 hour subs allow me to get better progression rewards than normal.
    Maximum progression rewards, half the effort, what's not to love?!? 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with most of the crit levied at the lamo effort put in so far. I blame them being at a con which while no excuse is a pattern they exhibit.
    but I gotta chime in some defense:
    They did the HP/iso 30%off but did not start it day one. Whether that was response to sluggish sales and outrage .... dunno but just a breath and some patience.
    They just did a huge tech upgrade, while that may have just been compliance with the new sega engine they have to develop under, it does speak to an investment of resources that would just have easily been another 4*.
    - brief aside: dear devs please notice how not one single person complained about the delay in releasing by a week. Hint hint SLOW DOWN!!!
    Also Galactus is mostly winnable so that might be why people liked it
    Taskmaster may be the final day node reward like in webbedwonder
    Cant repeat enough how much people like wolverine. Far and away the #1 comic book character. Sorry spidey,bats,supes and archie; people like the runt.

okay okay so now that I hollabacked for the devs: the rub
    I spend on this game. I don’t play golf I don’t drink or smoke so if I have to buy starks to get a HfH or a REASONABLE priced costume bundle, scl etc(remember that cascading family bundle “test” they did where you had to keep buying to see the next offer?) so anyway I got a 250$ bonus at work last week and guess where that WAS going to directly go? Straight into the MPQ. This tinykitty recently is too much!! A moonstone cover and it didn’t even affect vault odds cuz the vault wasn’t even loaded!! Can’t announce anything, those class of wasted opportunities,Torch is still new until like now and they gonna use that for training, red taskmaster for days.....as Placement-my 3/1/0 is spicyshaq tears, and finally 48hr subs are the worst(could they at least double the HP).
    My engagement was really high since last BossEvent but wooosh I fell flat on my face today with this game, I haven’t even joined the PvE or started any Anniversary PvP, sure as Sabertooth smells musky I am holding back my money even though I want that Medusa Battleworld costume!

Allocate the hours and give the appropriate level of pushback on the publishers and licensors to give time to heal the game that is just being burnt out. Players are no longer valuing their investment and are walking away. Devs gotta do an update to the content and some bughunts on wording (Yes editing is crucial take a cue from MTG on phrasing), hire some analysts to help you figure out your pricing scheme and sales tactics cuz I want to give you my money, I want to recommend the game, I want to leave a good rating every update, I want to come on here and talk about how much I love Medusas hawt new look but they gave me a tinykittyn Moonstone and that shows me how the makers of the game think so very little of my affection for their product.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Edit: And the best in class stuff annoys me to see the Taskmaster icons all over it and the final reward be yet another D. Dino cover. 
    For real.
    That final progression reward should most definitely have been a Taskmaster cover.  I wonder if the could hotfix it and change that out if enough of us brought it up.  Oh wait...

Mine is not fully covered, and every single place Taskmaster is listed as begin a reward in the Anniversary summary post (besides the Vault), he is the final placement reward and not progression.  I think I've hit t10 in PVP once in like 5 years, and that was when it wasn't a sought over cover.
    But there are Dino covers all over the place (including progression rewards)...
    This. We have had plenty of Dino, Taskmaster should have been the focus.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:
    I agree with most of the crit levied at the lamo effort put in so far. I blame them being at a con which while no excuse is a pattern they exhibit.
    but I gotta chime in some defense:
    They did the HP/iso 30%off but did not start it day one. Whether that was response to sluggish sales and outrage .... dunno but just a breath and some patience.

I agreed with almost everything in your post, but there’s no sign of a sale or one coming that I’ve seen. Unless I’m missing something. 

It’s something I was looking forward to, too. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So where did they confirm human torch would be required for shield training for spiderman 2099?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    tiomono said:
    So where did they confirm human torch would be required for shield training for spiderman 2099?
    For months and months they have run ST with one of the essentials being the person who is in placement just before the release PVE.

Deadpool vs. MPQ - Fan Favorite Selected PVE
    • Starts: 10/6
    • Ends: 10/10
    • Juggernaut (Fear Itself) in Progression Rewards
    • Human Torch (Jim Hammond) in Placement Rewards
    App store notes, and the fact that almost every new release is a Thursday, tells us that the Spidey Release event will be 10/10.

So unless they break their months-long pattern, Jim Hammond will be an essential for ST.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:
    For months and months they have run ST with one of the essentials being the person who is in placement just before the release PVE.

App store notes, and the fact that almost every new release is a Thursday, tells us that the Spidey Release event will be 10/10.

So unless they break their months-long pattern, Jim Hammond will be an essential for ST.
    But has that always been the pattern? Is there any precedent for them breaking the pattern?

I'm all for being upset if he is required. It just seems we are too willing to jump down their throats for what we think will happen. We did just get three 4*'s in a row which broke a "pattern". Why are we so quick to pass judgement on the unknown? 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I haven't caught up to Juggs yet, let alone Torch Hammond! Last years Anniversary featured Peggy Carter, Emma Frost, and Wasp as the required characters with Emma relaesed in August I believe, so sounds like Torch might be a candidate.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    tiomono said:
    bluewolf said:
    tiomono said:

But has that always been the pattern? Is there any precedent for them breaking the pattern?

I'm all for being upset if he is required. It just seems we are too willing to jump down their throats for what we think will happen. We did just get three 4*'s in a row which broke a "pattern". Why are we so quick to pass judgement on the unknown? 
    Since Emma's Shield Training, they have followed this pattern - making the placement character from the PVE prior one of the STs.  This is a 14 month stretch.  I see no reason to believe they will do something different.

In a way this is a pretty fair system considering how freaking bad dilution is.  You can possibly get a cover from placement, you can definitely get a cover from progression.  So that can help if you are short, vs say picking 3 characters that aren't featured in PVE before the ST opens.

And this is hardly unprecedented in terms of how many times a person is available in PVE (other than at least twice, their release + one more time, there is no minimum) before becoming an ST essential.

The only thing different, maybe, is the devs choose the essentials and have broken their pattern in the past.  And they could have gone with a Classic during the Anniversary.  More vets would be happy if they picked a Classic, maybe more new players like seeing recent 4's they probably have more covers for (but let's face it, only vets can get to 10 on new people in a short timeframe without whaling).  Dilution makes ST more and more of a pain with each new release as it gets worse.

I wasn't trying to pre-emptively complain; more wanted to point out what the expected (and 99% likely) situation is in case some players want to bonus Torch in the short time they have before ST begins.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The whole thing is a pain. I am definitely past due some 4* Bonus heroes but who do I chase? My feeling is to stick with Juggernaut and forget about Shield Training and chasing Torch and then trying to switch attention to Captain Timotei (Because he's worth it). So the three 4's in a row is good news to those trying to cover 5* but bad news to those trying to cover 4's. Seems like there is no respite for any part of the player base.