MPQ 6th Anniversary Schedule

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given that some players like to insult the devs regularly or often, I guess the devs did the right thing by not giving them feeder(s). Afterall, you don't reward bad behaviours.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    n25philly said:
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Who is this in response to?
    It was aimed at the people feigning incredulity about why people are upset with this Anniversary Season
    It was me trying to throw back in the face the people who always regress back to:
    if you hate the game so much why do you play it;
    with if you hate the forum and opinions expressed so much why keep reading and posting? 
    it ended up complaining about the people complaining about the people who have complaints. which is a trap for sure and pretty dumb of me. 
    Edit-
    feeling guilty about spending money on costumes when I am still pissed at the decisions involved and the lack of communication and am probably focusing on the like 3/4 posts that whiff of dev defending and overblowing them. Not trying to start a beef.
    I must say I agree with you.  I bought more than a few Starks during this sale.  

I like the game, I do not love it anymore.  

I love my ally mates and friends I play closely with and the friendships I have created. 

I hate what the game has come to.  

I dislike the direction of the game.  
    I dislike how we are being taken credit for.
     I dislike how the Dev, both D3 AND Demi, are absent to the issues and concerns we have.
    I dislike the stale game play and the lack of the Dev team caring to even address the simplest things like feeders and broke chars (Bishop and now Hammer Cap).  

At the end of the day, I have major issues with the game and this Dev team.  Once the scales tip too much I am out. To bring this full circle, I am 1957 days in and this is the worst it has ever been and this Anniversary IS the worst one yet.  The  lack of anything meaningful and is worse than Anniversary year 2 when we were told “You are suppose to lose”. 

So you hate the state of the game - AND YOU STILL BOUGHT A FEW STARKS.
    Yeah, this is how you send the right message, Rockett.
    Exactly. Why change something if people are still throwing hundreds of dollars at the game. Just keep sucking up that cash. 
    This is easy to say. On the other hand if everyone starts doing it, the game won’t get healthier....it will shut down.

I’m not happy about a lot of things as well, but I still get more enjoyment than grief...this is why I haven’t quit, and it’s why I still support financially. I’ve tried to cut back, but when I see an offer I like, I’m not going to skip it just to prove a point that they won’t even notice.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that my Medusa looks fantastic. Since I use her regularly I’m still happy with that purchase. They did put in all the effort for the awesome artwork after all.
    And you are part of the problem.  You don't reward bad behavior
    Yeah, I reward good behavior. I purchase bundles I feel are a good deal to encourage them to continue to offer them, I participate in sales so they might continue to have them, I buy items that I appreciate being offered. It only makes sense. 

I pulled back spending outside of those things significantly. That is where I choose to “send my message”.

If at some point I don’t care if the game shuts down, then I’ll quit supporting it.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Right on. I don't have any insight into the actual state of their shop, I'm just saying that being in-industry myself, you can do a lot with a little bit of staff if your game is largely built and you have a decent amount of developer tools available. 
    Agreed on that, depending on the scope of post release support is required.  That's also assuming they have decent tools though.  Those are often the last thing that gets made, if ever.
    The task of making game features often doesn't include "and make it easy to iterate".  Just getting it working can be hard enough, and when you want to make those tools after things have stopped shifting, you're already behind on something else and have to move on...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it almost always is built into an F2P game though. You need the ability to author content quickly, and by someone who is non-technical. Or at least not a trained engineer. I would be shocked if there weren't a very easy way for a designer or producer to spin up a new promotion, or for an artist and designer to add a character with minimal effort after all this time. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options
       Well I have to give credit where credit is due, regarding the anniversary.  I realize that there are people that have no need for ISO, but for probably most, including me, the very long and frequent X2 ISO events were very welcome.  Not that I have any intention of using 4* characters all that much, since I have essentially two 5* champs, but I was able to champ at least five 4*s; which in turn will give me more resources when I get their covers.  Whether or not there was anything else exciting about the anniversary or not, I will have to say this is the most ISO I've gotten in a 3 week period in my 918 days of playing MPQ. So I have to say a hearty THANK YOU for that!  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    +1 to double iso. I champed 5torm, Devil D, Carnage, Ghost, Eb Venom, and TA Hulk across this anniversary. I also managed to finish Taskmaster, so now I just need to figure out how to get covers for Ham and I'll be good to go.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    overall the anniversary was good. it seems that alot of ppl were upset including myself bc it didnt cater to my needs but i say alot of ppl who got iso and champed alot of character bc of it. who champed their first taskmaster or devil dino. and yes it sucked that we didnt get a 5* but alot of ppl got their first kitty pride. overall it was a good anniversary but it wasnt one that alot of vets or 5 star land player enjoyed but alot of other ppl did. good job communication could of been bettter but good job. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe my memories are skewed, but wasn't the anniversary once a big deal? New events and/or boss event(s), several new characters, lots of resources and vaults...

Everything that happened felt like it was warming up for something bigger that never came.

Yes, I greatly appreciate double ISO, but was that really it?
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    My complaints going into anniversary were not enough iso and wanting new pve.  We got 2 new pve, 1 that will almost certainly stay in the rotation and double iso.  Check and check.  My favorite thing I marked on the survey was alliance events.   Check there.  Hard to say I didn't get what I asked for given what I told them
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very lackluster and I went in with low expectations to begin with.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe my memories are skewed, but wasn't the anniversary once a big deal? New events and/or boss event(s), several new characters, lots of resources and vaults...

Everything that happened felt like it was warming up for something bigger that never came.

Yes, I greatly appreciate double ISO, but was that really it?
    This Anniversary felt like it was close, but not quite there. Like they made the cake and forgot to put icing on it.

We got fan favorite events, fan favorite tokens, Crash and PVP for Limited characters, the generous Anniversary vault, double ISO, two costumes (still stupid that they charged for the Medusa costume, but Devil Dino getting a costume in an HP bundle feels very appropriate), an HP sale, and we did get a fairly commonly requested character AND a new and generally well-received event, and we got multiple Class Of PVP events to celebrate not only this year, but previous years as well.

But it still felt like something bigger was coming, but then didn't. There wasn't a "must see" component of Anniversary (like Gambit or Kitty's release, or any of the new boss events, or the raid that one year). And the timing of everything makes it feel like fewer characters (the return of the X-Men that year brought Rogue, Gambit, and Nightcrawler, even though I think Gambit was the only one released during Anniversary, it all felt like part of the same big thing, you know?). Next release could be Thursday (after Worthy and Miguel both came after a week delay, I think a release this week is highly likely), and a 2099 character or a Spider-Verse character that's related to stuff released during Anniversary, but I highly doubt it'll feel like an "encore" to celebrate the event as much as it'll just feel like something that came in the mail late.

It's like they checked the boxes off the list to make an Anniversary, and then didn't stop to double-check that the sum was greater than the total of the parts (important for a big celebration like this). So yeah, like I said, they made the cake, but left off the icing by accident. Or maybe remembered the icing and forgot the candles. Something crucial that was needed to make it feel "complete."
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    There is still some more to this anniversary that we haven't revealed yet!

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone. IceIX has unfortunately been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so he hasn't been in the office to post some of the upcoming news (darn changing of the seasons), but don't worry.

If we're all getting a pony then can I trade mine in for a couple purple Kitties?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone. IceIX has unfortunately been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so he hasn't been in the office to post some of the upcoming news (darn changing of the seasons), but don't worry.

If we're all getting a pony then can I trade mine in for a couple purple Kitties?
    Thanks to Anniversary I may have enough iso to upgrade my pony to a Unicorn!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe they decided after all the backlash to implement a feeder as part of the Anniversary, at the last minute. 
    That's what I expect, yeah.
    Kinda hard to bill that as "anniversary" though, wenn they clearly only had two weeks planned.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The anniversary surprise will be revealed next anniversary.