MPQ 6th Anniversary Schedule

Options

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this is the anniversary event that begins the mass exodus unless something worth wild happens.

Ps. Why doesn't every 5 star have a feeder yet? It's a bit ridiculous that they don't. 
    There weren’t any obvious choices.

Like Rogue feeding Gambit for example. That’s not an obvious choice.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I think this is the anniversary event that begins the mass exodus unless something worth wild happens.

Ps. Why doesn't every 5 star have a feeder yet? It's a bit ridiculous that they don't. 

But guyyyssssss, think of allllll the prooggrammminnnggg involllvvveeedddd.... those poor developers
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jp1 said:

Or Invisible Woman feeding GEDoom, not obvious at all.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not a hope, yeah it's been a sucky anniversary but it's been pretty much business as usual. What real difference is there between 2 weeks ago have on now?

Only surprise for me on discord was how oblivious they seem to be to the event not going down well.

I don't care about feeders, I wasn't expecting any and it makes so little difference to my game play. I was expecting more value from rewards and vaults. I also don't think Class of was a good thing to run right now but it's almost over and I wouldn't quit over it and I doubt more than a handful will anyway.

Look at Fan Favs, Deadpool VS and the boss event for this voted for event. People need to stop thinking of this forum voice as the voice of the player base because it clearly isn't.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

I won't leave but I'm not renewing VIP or buying anything until I get a feeder.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Not a hope, yeah it's been a sucky anniversary but it's been pretty much business as usual. What real difference is there between 2 weeks ago have on now? 

Only surprise for me on discord was how oblivious they seem to be to the event not going down well.

I don't care about feeders, I wasn't expecting any and it makes so little difference to my game play. I was expecting more value from rewards and vaults. I also don't think Class of was a good thing to run right now but it's almost over and I wouldn't quit over it and I doubt more than a handful will anyway.

Look at Fan Favs, Deadpool VS and the boss event for this voted for event. People need to stop thinking of this forum voice as the voice of the player base because it clearly isn't.
    Let's assume they are not reading any individual feedback yet in any of their communication platforms or they are reading them but decided to wait until the end and they do changes retroactively, it's too soon to acknowledge any feedback. That would prevent a lot of anxiety here.

I imagine most suggestions wouldn't be able to be implemented immediately anyway with hot fixes (data pushes), because the types of suggestions or wishes (events, feeders, hp sales, token stores, roster slot sales, to name a few) usually require the platform approved patches. So, it's too late to do anything about it now.

Regardless of the disappointment from some of the forum users, it looks like the buy clubs were still happening, a lot of alliances still renew their VIPs, players spend their hoard, and looking at the leaderboards, people are still playing the games (whether they are old and new).

I bolded the last sentence, because it's quite important. It's possible they were basing their anniversary events from the survey several weeks ago, so I can totally see why the priorities of the majority of the playerbase are different than those in the forum.
    It’s true, as evidenced by Logan, strange and kitty being the three fan favourite 5*s. If it was down to the forum, it’s clear kitty would be joined by Thor and Okoye. 

Sure, we would all like more feeders, but they have obviously chosen to pander to the will of the masses, and not just those shouting the loudest on the forums/discord or wherever else. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:

Regardless of the disappointment from some of the forum users, it looks like the buy clubs were still happening, a lot of alliances still renew their VIPs, players spend their hoard, and looking at the leaderboards, people are still playing the games (whether they are old and new).
    Yes totally this, all I saw was people complaining about the anniversary, rightly. But then wanting an HP sale so they could spend some money on a product not bringing them joy. Now I'm just one person but that seems odd to me. But either way thanks for all the +7's I've logged into this week.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    OJSP said:

Yes totally this, all I saw was people complaining about the anniversary, rightly. But then wanting an HP sale so they could spend some money on a product not bringing them joy. Now I'm just one person but that seems odd to me. But either way thanks for all the +7's I've logged into this week.
    As usual the most vocal people are the ones upset (true in all parts of life).  If your ally was all complaints in the chat then that'd be one thing, but if you're mostly seeing them here or on other social media then it's not that inconsistent.

The hard core have been fully convinced of the importance of their roster and efforts and therefore many of them take advantage of "extra value" offers regardless of the state of the game.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We love the game!!
    and we are having our hearts broken by baffling decisions, stonewalling and straight up lied to by the makers of this thing we love

vocal minority is tinykitty- YOU, forumite, if you don’t want to know what the players think then stop coming in and reading. 
    Quit back sniping like we are snowflakes who can’t handle any disruption to our little hegemony. People have been pretty clear on what is wrong and why. You who attack back are either ignorant- not actually reading, or are willfully just being contrarian. Does that do anything for anyone? 
  • jp1
    Options
    purplemur said:
    We love the game!!
    and we are having our hearts broken by baffling decisions, stonewalling and straight up lied to by the makers of this thing we love

vocal minority is tinykitty- YOU, forumite, if you don’t want to know what the players think then stop coming in and reading. 
    Quit back sniping like we are snowflakes who can’t handle any disruption to our little hegemony. People have been pretty clear on what is wrong and why. You who attack back are either ignorant- not actually reading, or are willfully just being contrarian. Does that do anything for anyone? 
    Who is this in response to?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It really feels like we are being ignored, even if just one of the team had come on and said sorry the anniversary isn’t as popular as we had hoped. We will feed this back to the developers but to have nothing is kind of rude and insulting to the player base 

I’m disappointed but not really surprised to be honest 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jp1 said:
    purplemur said:
    We love the game!!

I suspect Purplemur posted in the wrong thread, but the last couple of sentences give a pretty strong indication as to whom it was directed.

As to this thread, my own thoughts on the Anniversary are that it has been mediocre at best.  I didn't mind the repackaged 12 days event, mostly love the 100-item vault and the flow of tokens and getting more Dino/Taskmaster/Duck covers is nice.  What I didn't like:

- repeated "Class of ...." events which are really just glorified Shield Sim events with tons of people floating with broken Bishop and/or Worthy teams.
    - no new 5* feeder.
    - would have actually liked to have seen a new (balanced) 5* being the centrepiece of it.

However what really annoyed me was the ridiculous decision to have the Dino costume offered AFTER his featured PvP event.  It's a nice look, and I was even considering buying HP to get it, however the fact that I wouldn't be able to show it off for a whole year has so far dissuaded me from doing so.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another piece of evidence that insufficient thought went into this anniversary: the anniversary vault contains fan favourite tokens but the fan favourite store closes a day before the vault. So we’re going to have a vault with tokens for an expired store for a day.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This morning I took some of my stash of HP and bought the Dino costume based on:

1.  I will never get a second chance, based on the way costume offers have been made so far.

2.  I will actually use Dino more than ANY OTHER Classic 4, at least in the blink-and-you miss it Hunt node every couple months.

But the timing was so weird and off.

Speculation:

They always know we want a bonus HP deal.  No need to tell them.

They also wanted to sell the Medusa costume bundle.

The Medusa bundle was at first the only thing we could see in terms of an "HP offer" and so some people might have bought it at least partly for that reason in lieu of a bonus HP "sale".  So they offer that and wait.

Then they come along with the Dino bundle which most appeals to vets who have stashes of HP and also a well-covered or champed Dino and would actually see it sometimes.  Hoping that some people spend HP on it and now they have less on hand, maybe getting a little nervous and want to replenish.

Then they finally offer the HP sale, after people burned HP on the vault, and maybe the costume (or need HP for the costume).

That's the marketing/sales angle which makes some sense.  Of course they should have run Dino's PVP later if this was their plan, but then they have not previously done much coordination between offers and events even in cases like this where there seems to be a "gimme" way to put it together.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It really feels like we are being ignored, even if just one of the team had come on and said sorry the anniversary isn’t as popular as we had hoped. We will feed this back to the developers but to have nothing is kind of rude and insulting to the player base 

I’m disappointed but not really surprised to be honest 
    I think they knew it was a bust and destined to upset forum users who have the past knowledge of this event and thus an idea of what is the normal fare. The downgrading of how this thread was updated compared to how other events have been handled is very telling. The MPQ part of the forum no longer even has a designated community manager but some sort of hybrid job share (or a scramble round in the office for somebody to chuck the bare minimum update on to this thread and the sneak peek). I guess if the Hero Point sale went well then everything is tickedy-boo.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jp1 said:
    It was aimed at the people feigning incredulity about why people are upset with this Anniversary Season
    It was me trying to throw back in the face the people who always regress back to:
    if you hate the game so much why do you play it;
    with if you hate the forum and opinions expressed so much why keep reading and posting? 
    it ended up complaining about the people complaining about the people who have complaints. which is a trap for sure and pretty dumb of me. 
    Edit-
    feeling guilty about spending money on costumes when I am still pissed at the decisions involved and the lack of communication and am probably focusing on the like 3/4 posts that whiff of dev defending and overblowing them. Not trying to start a beef.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Anyone who thinks complaining never did any good should go play the loaner nodes since about a month or so ago. 
    Or even the ability to turn off ability animations. What a time saver! The only credit I can give the devs lately is their wanting to help us speed the gameplay up. Only lately those good intentions are causing other problems in the game that I’m pretty sure will never get fixed, and still never sped up the mindless ones. 
  • jp1
    Options
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    It was aimed at the people feigning incredulity about why people are upset with this Anniversary Season
    It was me trying to throw back in the face the people who always regress back to:
    if you hate the game so much why do you play it;
    with if you hate the forum and opinions expressed so much why keep reading and posting? 
    it ended up complaining about the people complaining about the people who have complaints. which is a trap for sure and pretty dumb of me. 
    Edit-
    feeling guilty about spending money on costumes when I am still pissed at the decisions involved and the lack of communication and am probably focusing on the like 3/4 posts that whiff of dev defending and overblowing them. Not trying to start a beef.
    I was just curious.

Hey, I spent too. Upset as I was about stuff, I still want the game to stick around. Not to mention I knew I would regret missing those just to spite them.