Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Who is this in response to?
    It was aimed at the people feigning incredulity about why people are upset with this Anniversary Season
    It was me trying to throw back in the face the people who always regress back to:
    if you hate the game so much why do you play it;
    with if you hate the forum and opinions expressed so much why keep reading and posting? 
    it ended up complaining about the people complaining about the people who have complaints. which is a trap for sure and pretty dumb of me. 
    Edit-
    feeling guilty about spending money on costumes when I am still pissed at the decisions involved and the lack of communication and am probably focusing on the like 3/4 posts that whiff of dev defending and overblowing them. Not trying to start a beef.
    I must say I agree with you.  I bought more than a few Starks during this sale.  

I like the game, I do not love it anymore.  

I love my ally mates and friends I play closely with and the friendships I have created. 

I hate what the game has come to.  

I dislike the direction of the game.  
    I dislike how we are being taken credit for.
     I dislike how the Dev, both D3 AND Demi, are absent to the issues and concerns we have.
    I dislike the stale game play and the lack of the Dev team caring to even address the simplest things like feeders and broke chars (Bishop and now Hammer Cap).  

At the end of the day, I have major issues with the game and this Dev team.  Once the scales tip too much I am out. To bring this full circle, I am 1957 days in and this is the worst it has ever been and this Anniversary IS the worst one yet.  The  lack of anything meaningful and is worse than Anniversary year 2 when we were told “You are suppose to lose”. 

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t even think I could have sexy time with Scarlett Johansson every day for 1957 days and not start to become a little bored. You have played for an amazing amount of time every single day. Amazing for a match three game.

Move on find something else, life’s too short if that’s how you feel.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    I don’t even think I could have sexy time with Scarlett Johansson every day for 1957 days and not start to become a little bored. You have played for an amazing amount of time every single day. Amazing for a match three game.

Sorry, you lost me at “I don’t even think” otherwise I agree.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    It was aimed at the people feigning incredulity about why people are upset with this Anniversary Season
    It was me trying to throw back in the face the people who always regress back to:
    with if you hate the forum and opinions expressed so much why keep reading and posting? 
    it ended up complaining about the people complaining about the people who have complaints. which is a trap for sure and pretty dumb of me. 
    Edit-
    feeling guilty about spending money on costumes when I am still pissed at the decisions involved and the lack of communication and am probably focusing on the like 3/4 posts that whiff of dev defending and overblowing them. Not trying to start a beef.

I love my ally mates and friends I play closely with and the friendships I have created. 

I dislike how the Dev, both D3 AND Demi, are absent to the issues and concerns we have.
    I dislike the stale game play and the lack of the Dev team caring to even address the simplest things like feeders and broke chars (Bishop and now Hammer Cap).  

At the end of the day, I have major issues with the game and this Dev team.  Once the scales tip too much I am out. To bring this full circle, I am 1957 days in and this is the worst it has ever been and this Anniversary IS the worst one yet.  The  lack of anything meaningful and is worse than Anniversary year 2 when we were told “You are suppose to lose”. 

So you hate the state of the game - AND YOU STILL BOUGHT A FEW STARKS.
    Yeah, this is how you send the right message, Rockett.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Maybe if I keep giving them money they will eventually change"
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

Get a little bored of Scarlett? Dress up as the Hulk or have her wear a blonde wig. Hulk smash.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Edit-

Exactly. Why change something if people are still throwing hundreds of dollars at the game. Just keep sucking up that cash. 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Edit-

Exactly. Why change something if people are still throwing hundreds of dollars at the game. Just keep sucking up that cash. 
    Maybe change something because stagnating is not a long term solution ? It may bring them money not or for the next few months or maybe a year at most, but what about after that ? 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kletvar said:
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Edit-

Maybe change something because stagnating is not a long term solution ? It may bring them money not or for the next few months or maybe a year at most, but what about after that ? 
    The fact they barely add anything these days has made me feel for at least 6 months now that its basically running on autopilot until people stop spending. Then they'll shut it down. I would suspect there are very few people working on the game now. 

Just look at supports for example. They've vanished off the face of the earth with no suggestion of them ever returning. I genuinely think the game is finished now. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Edit-

This is easy to say. On the other hand if everyone starts doing it, the game won’t get healthier....it will shut down.

I’m not happy about a lot of things as well, but I still get more enjoyment than grief...this is why I haven’t quit, and it’s why I still support financially. I’ve tried to cut back, but when I see an offer I like, I’m not going to skip it just to prove a point that they won’t even notice.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that my Medusa looks fantastic. Since I use her regularly I’m still happy with that purchase. They did put in all the effort for the awesome artwork after all.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Someone on Line said it best:

"It is THEIR anniversary party.  I guess they are waiting for us to give them presents ($$$)"
    This !!! This is the anniversary in a nutshell.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Another piece of evidence that insufficient thought went into this anniversary: the anniversary vault contains fan favourite tokens but the fan favourite store closes a day before the vault. So we’re going to have a vault with tokens for an expired store for a day.
    The Fan Favourites tokens will work equally well after they're removed from sale though, so this is a fairly minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.  It isn't like they're giving you tokens for an expired vault where it actually affects the odds of your pulls.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out this game's development team is down to somewhere between 1-3 full time people doing live ops. Probably a technical designer/producer and a junior engineer, with free-lance art as needed. It's possible the engineer is actually someone from another game who steps in here occasionally to do things like the engine overhaul. Once a game is built, you can do quite a lot with a skeleton crew.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out this game's development team is down to somewhere between 1-3 full time people doing live ops. Probably a technical designer/producer and a junior engineer, with free-lance art as needed. It's possible the engineer is actually someone from another game who steps in here occasionally to do things like the engine overhaul. Once a game is built, you can do quite a lot with a skeleton crew.
    You do realize there's a "Credits" button?  There are 18 people listed there, and 2 Writers who I am not 100% convinced do active work on the game.  Frank Tieri is very busy with comic work and Alex Irvine has been a Marvel writer in the past, doesn't appear to be now.

Anyway.....based on Discord chat and the credits etc there are definitely not just 1-3 people involved.  The last podcast interview actually had too many people trying to take part and ended up being a bit of a mess to listen to.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    You do realize there's a "Credits" button?  There are 18 people listed there, and 2 Writers who I am not 100% convinced do active work on the game.  Frank Tieri is very busy with comic work and Alex Irvine has been a Marvel writer in the past, doesn't appear to be now.

Anyway.....based on Discord chat and the credits etc there are definitely not just 1-3 people involved.  The last podcast interview actually had too many people trying to take part and ended up being a bit of a mess to listen to.
    Pretty sure there was a picture of the Dev team posted somewhere around that interview and there was definitely enough it looked like to play a game of Baseball if they so wished.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Those people work for Demiurge, or specifically work on this game? On LInkedIn, Demi has 40 employees, but most of the people I see with MPQ in their descriptions all say "worked on..." and have newer games above it.

Also the credits list is likely anyone who's ever worked on the game, and whose content still exists within the game. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those people work for Demiurge, or specifically work on this game? On LInkedIn, Demi has 40 employees, but most of the people I see with MPQ in their descriptions all say "worked on..." and have newer games above it.

Also the credits list is likely anyone who's ever worked on the game, and whose content still exists within the game. 
    The Credits has a significant "Alumni" section (3X the current staff maybe?) and they update the Credits when necessary.

I mean 18 people is not a huge group but it's not just a couple people either.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Right on. I don't have any insight into the actual state of their shop, I'm just saying that being in-industry myself, you can do a lot with a little bit of staff if your game is largely built and you have a decent amount of developer tools available. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

The Credits has a significant "Alumni" section (3X the current staff maybe?) and they update the Credits when necessary.

I mean 18 people is not a huge group but it's not just a couple people either.
    3 designers, 4 coders.
    Hm.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    purplemur said:
    jp1 said:
    Edit-

This is easy to say. On the other hand if everyone starts doing it, the game won’t get healthier....it will shut down.

I’m not happy about a lot of things as well, but I still get more enjoyment than grief...this is why I haven’t quit, and it’s why I still support financially. I’ve tried to cut back, but when I see an offer I like, I’m not going to skip it just to prove a point that they won’t even notice.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that my Medusa looks fantastic. Since I use her regularly I’m still happy with that purchase. They did put in all the effort for the awesome artwork after all.
    And you are part of the problem.  You don't reward bad behavior