All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Deadpool got a Lady Deadpool costume. They could have made 4* Thor into this costume, since they can’t be used together anyway. Then the more powerful Thor version would get the cool costume. Oh well.
    Lady Thor will get a costume, I imagine. I kinda doubt they'll make the new Valkyrie a 5*

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    @Brigby
    Here's a question that may have been asked before, but I can't remember, if so:

Can a character have more than one alternative costume? Ex:  X-Force Deadpool will soon be Cap'n Deadbeard.  Could he get an additional costume in the future?  So you had 3 options?

(cue groans from your art department, who probably think that around 160 costumes for all 3/4/5's is already a lot...)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pirate Deadpool?! That is so cool!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Here's a question that may have been asked before, but I can't remember, if so:

Can a character have more than one alternative costume? Ex:  X-Force Deadpool will soon be Cap'n Deadbeard.  Could he get an additional costume in the future?  So you had 3 options?

(cue groans from your art department, who probably think that around 160 costumes for all 3/4/5's is already a lot...)
    As of this moment, we don't have any characters scheduled to have more than one alternate costume, however theoretically I don't see why characters couldn't have more than one in the future.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still kind of surprised they haven't released a 3* Captain Marvel alternative costume.  All the other character art updates seem to have been linked to costume releases except this one.  I guess there's still another week to go in June.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 3* Thor costume is the first one I've been tempted to shell out some cashola on, mainly because I am trying to get my 3* farm-sprout-Thor up to 183 to grant another Red Hulk cover. I hit that ugly point where 4Carol gained a level, and started tanking green in the delightful anti-Grockdusa Carol/Rockett/Red Hulk team, and the results aren't pretty. Red Hulk tanking only purple and red makes that team far less effective.
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I bought the Old king Thor costume.

1) Because it is cool and
    2) As a thank you for all the costumes we are getting this month in all kind of ways

I hope we can get more months like this.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2019
    IYeaheahI said:
    I bought the Old king Thor costume.

1) Because it is cool and
    2) As a thank you for all the costumes we are getting this month in all kind of ways

I hope we can get more months like this.
     I considered buying the costume for a minute because I like the costume, character, and original comic arc.

However, the bundle offers no value to me beyond normal resource purchases.  In addition, we are now into the first year of dilution/removing Latest odds with no adjustments for the new reality in all that time.  I see no reason to spend on cosmetic items when I remain concerned with the long term direction, and longevity, of the game.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I'm still kind of surprised they haven't released a 3* Captain Marvel alternative costume.  All the other character art updates seem to have been linked to costume releases except this one.  I guess there's still another week to go in June.
    This one would be cool!

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, if costumes also replaced the picture in the PVE story cutscenes, the old-man Thor one would be 1000x more tempting...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    You know, if costumes also replaced the picture in the PVE story cutscenes, the old-man Thor one would be 1000x more tempting...
    I was thinking the same thing with Iron Man's costume this event. It would certainly take some extra coding to make it toggle like that, but it would make costumes fro characters you don't use as often more appealing.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably the costumes are available for use in future cut scenes (e.g. the Red Goblin costume being used in the Sinister 600 event).  That was completely separate from actually purchasing the costume though.  And who knows when they will add a new event, let alone one focused on King Thor.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Since we are getting all of these costumes, Will the VIP costume EVER be updated?   Doc Ock has been there since January, just an FYI if you didn’t know.  Can you ask and please find out?  
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby
    Since we are getting all of these costumes, Will the VIP costume EVER be updated?   Doc Ock has been there since January, just an FYI if you didn’t know.  Can you ask and please find out?  
    Dude. Shh. I'd rather have 500hp than another costume...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    @Brigby
    You do realize that if they stop using costumes to entice people into buying VIP they're also going to eventually roll it back to a flat 100HP reward, right? The fact that they haven't done so already is downright remarkable.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Yepyep said:
    @Brigby
    You do realize that if they stop using costumes to entice people into buying VIP they're also going to eventually roll it back to a flat 100HP reward, right? The fact that they haven't done so already is downright remarkable.
    Dude. Shh!
  • bluewolf
    JHawkInc said:
    Yepyep said:
    @Brigby
    While the only duplicate costumes we have gotten so far are the VIP Doc Ock (and - I think - some people who renewed VIP and got the Lady Deadpool twice), in general I would think that the duplicate price was set with the idea that players would be trying to get costumes and using HP or $ to do so, and offering a decent amount of HP for a duplicate is a way to keep players interested in bundles, or vaults, or what have you, that contain the costume even after you already have it.

Of course, getting a costume from VIP is simplicity itself as long as you will pay for it.  And no other costume has been offered more than once.

I suppose the question is whether they plan in the future to re-offer costumes and create more situations where duplicates are likely for players.  Whether or not the duplicate offer changes (drops) could be an indication of those future plans.  If they are looking not to re-offer costumes outside of VIP, then maybe that exchange rate will drop.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby

Does this mean there are no more costumes coming for the last week of June? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Does this mean there are no more costumes coming for the last week of June? 
    The overlap with Far From Home could have given us some groovy Spidey based ones. Just off the top of my head:

Old Man Vulture (Adrian Toomes)

and a Spiderverse variant Miles would have been cool:

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

and a Spiderverse variant Miles would have been cool:

Many super heroes wear their costumes under their clothes.  I get that.
    What baffles me is that Miles here had to take off whatever pants he was wearing, then grab an extra pair of shorts to put back on.  Seems like an unnecessary step.