All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about Loki (Goddess of Lies) costume
    Brigby

Does this mean there are no more costumes coming for the last week of June? 
    Just Loki playing tricks on you ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:

and a Spiderverse variant Miles would have been cool:

Many super heroes wear their costumes under their clothes.  I get that.
    What baffles me is that Miles here had to take off whatever pants he was wearing, then grab an extra pair of shorts to put back on.  Seems like an unnecessary step.

That actually seems quite appropriate for Miles in the film.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    “Wow, 2,000 Red ISO!” said no one ever... 🤦‍♂️ 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they will update VIP to rotate out Doc Ock........  this year......
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    8k hp for a 5* costume seems like a very meh price.  But how useful are HP these days?  And 5 LTs for hp is unusual. Plus a support.  I will take a look at this when it goes live.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who has 35K HP and nothing to do with them (a full 3* farm already going in addition to a 2* farm) I'll be buying this costume with the added bonus of 5 LT's.

KGB

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I don't have 8K Hero Points lying around, but I like the offer. I'm still kicking myself for not taking up the Shuri offer. Always nice to have the option to get these deals using a resource that you earn in the game through work. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    LTs for HPs is a great offer any time. I'm kicking myself for spending the HP chasing Black Cat covers. Might have to sell some maxed 3s. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

They would probably need some kind of licensing deal with Sony to include this costume.  IIRC, the grafiti style variant of the logo originates in the film rather than the comics.

It's not impossible (since they worked it out for 5* Kingpin), but it's likely not as simple as licensing from Marvel directly.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:

They would probably need some kind of licensing deal with Sony to include this costume.  IIRC, the grafiti style variant of the logo originates in the film rather than the comics.

It's not impossible (since they worked it out for 5* Kingpin), but it's likely not as simple as licensing from Marvel directly.

Vulture and PPSM would also likely be Sony owned too so definitely possible but probably unlikely.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    8k hp for a 5* costume seems like a very meh price.  But how useful are HP these days?  And 5 LTs for hp is unusual. Plus a support.  I will take a look at this when it goes live.
    How is that meh? It's not 8k for a costume. It's 8k for 5LT which is a pretty good price. Anything else is a bonus.

Take 80k HP off me and give me 50LT. Keep everything else.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    *Added details about Loki (Goddess of Lies) costume
    Brigby

Does this mean there are no more costumes coming for the last week of June? 
    Just Loki playing tricks on you ;)
    Haha, nice one, totally had me fooled :D

Its nice to see supports making an appearance, perhaps they arent completely dead yet.
     Is there any news on what's up with them? Will the store ever rotate over to that last batch? Will we be able to get them other than through random deals such as this one?

I know its the Far from Home celebrations now, so nothing is especially likely to happen for the next month or so... But it's been sooooo long now!! At the least some info would be appreciated.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Tony_Foot said:
    Vhailorx said:
    How is that meh? It's not 8k for a costume. It's 8k for 5LT which is a pretty good price. Anything else is a bonus.

Take 80k HP off me and give me 50LT. Keep everything else.
    I feel like you didn't read my full post.  I am endorsing the offer as good value in mpq terms.

8k HP for a 5* costume would be meh.  But they included other goods that make the deal much more attractive.  This is a far better offer than the $75 costume bundles.  And also better than the 300cp DD costume + cover offer that I will continue to not buy for the next 40 minutes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping I can get to 8K HP in the next few days. Not sure I can manage it, but it's not impossible.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping I can get to 8K HP in the next few days. Not sure I can manage it, but it's not impossible.
    I converted part of my CP hoard to HP via classics.  It was pretty low risk because everything is just a champ level with cover farms (all my 5* are champed, so its just a a champ level from my P.OV.) and LTs drop consistently enough to cover the Latest 3 without dipping into CP.

Its definitely an option if you know how to manage for CP/LT income correctly. 
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Really wish I hadn't used so much of my CP on the FFH vault. At least not as willy nilly as I did. 2 ten packs and then 10 single pulls cause I was bored. 

Probably gonna tap into some of maxed 3s to get it. The ones where their farm dupes are over 240 at least. Currently at 5900 HP, so will definitely be the last day if I do so. 

Just had to wipe out all my HP, though I won't have to worry about roster slots freeing up all those maxed 3s.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just purchased the HP. Couldn’t miss out on the 5 LT especially since Storm has been elusive for me. Thankfully LT #3 netted me a green Storm cover.

I don’t really care about the rest of the pack, but the costume is kind of cool I guess. Loki is stylin’ next to Hela in a fur cape.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Great deal, I couldn’t buy this fast enough!  Thankfully I skipped the Far From Home vault and didn’t chase extra Black Cat covers in her vault so I had enough.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd buy this if I had the HP already. But I don't feel like spending £33 on some PNG files for MPQ when the Steam summer sale is on. =/
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    I converted part of my CP hoard to HP via classics.  It was pretty low risk because everything is just a champ level with cover farms (all my 5* are champed, so its just a a champ level from my P.OV.) and LTs drop consistently enough to cover the Latest 3 without dipping into CP.

Its definitely an option if you know how to manage for CP/LT income correctly. 
    I don't know how to manage it correctly, I guess. Would you mind explaining your first paragraph -- the bit about  "converting," in particular?  Thanks, @Phumade!