All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Here's a question that may have been asked before, but I can't remember, if so:

Can a character have more than one alternative costume? Ex:  X-Force Deadpool will soon be Cap'n Deadbeard.  Could he get an additional costume in the future?  So you had 3 options?

(cue groans from your art department, who probably think that around 160 costumes for all 3/4/5's is already a lot...)
    As of this moment, we don't have any characters scheduled to have more than one alternate costume, however theoretically I don't see why characters couldn't have more than one in the future.
    Glad that this changed.  New Scarlet Witch Costume is pretty awesome.  Since I never play her, I'll pass on it, but it still looks very cool!
    Halloween is my favorite day of the year and I use Switch every day with Deadpool for his whale points so for 1200 hp this was an easy buy. Now back to saving up my hp for more slots and a possible Krampus costume for Rags or an elf costume for Loki in December.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's really not horrible in value.  For 1200 HP, you get three 3* covers, which you can argue are probably worth about 200HP each.  Then you get the three heroics, which by daily deal standards, is another 300HP.  So that's a novelty costume, and 900HP worth of covers/tokens.  It's pretty much break even.  But individual mileage will vary, of course.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this one, not sure I'll have the HP available in time though since I just nabbed that token bundle today. I do think the hat is a little off-looking; it feels more like a paint-over than most but I still think it's fun. hp-buy costumes are cool though, I really like this Devil D one I got.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool costume and I prefer HP purchases to money or CP. I’m just not really a “costume guy”. Netflix DD was the exception (obvious given my username). 

Also my HP reserves went from just under 50K to just over 10k after anniversary as I was resetting and clearing out that vault over and over. I’m dumb and want 3 copies of every 3* (two maxed, one for farming) and so with 22 3* left to roster at 2K a slot that’s 44k!! And a lot of them are creeping toward that 266 mark at the same time. So I’m stingier with HP than I’ve been in a long time. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one was cheap and looks cool even if I'll only see it when she's a required character, so I got it.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m dumb and want 3 copies of every 3* (two maxed, one for farming) 
    I’m curious why you want 2 copies maxed? More for PvP? I can’t imagine it’s common that your 3* Essential in PvE dies...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got it because I love the costume look on her. In costume offer (where you pay 1200) the sideways shot of her in the background casting a spell with her broom next to her is priceless.

Now can we please, please, please get Colossus as Frankenstein and Patch as the Werewolf so we have a complete Halloween trio.

KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    I got it because I love the costume look on her. In costume offer (where you pay 1200) the sideways shot of her in the background casting a spell with her broom next to her is priceless.

Now can we please, please, please get Colossus as Frankenstein and Patch as the Werewolf so we have a complete Halloween trio.

KGB
    Ahem.

FRANKENCASTLE.

Accept no substitutes.

Colossus as Frankenstein's Monster?  No thank you.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This one was cheap and looks cool even if I'll only see it when she's a required character, so I got it.
    Same here
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    Ahem.

FRANKENCASTLE.

Accept no substitutes.

Colossus as Frankenstein's Monster?  No thank you.
    I've always thought Colossus looks like Frankenstein Jr (the kids cartoon from the 60s where he was a metal robot crime fighter). Showing my age with that reference but it was still on regularly in the 70's in re-runs. But whenever I see him, that's all I can think of.

I'm OK with turning Pun Max into Frankencastle too.

KGB
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It may not be a costume but we have gotten a Frankencastle in the game now.

Well it is only an alternative cover but it is still a Frankencastle none the less.